🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The only issue for the shutdown and debt is to kill Obamacare

The maj was not against universal care. Obama won ont that, twice. No party has eliminated a potus' signature program by preventing a funding vote that would pass a bipartisan vote. Stop trying to posit otherwise. It is beneath honest debate.

Yes they were. Obviously you forgot that many voted against their constituency and were thrown out in 2010.

The shutdown as explained by a republican.

Thomas Seaver2:37 PM+1

This quote basically explains the shutdown.

"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."

The American people know who to blame for the shutdown.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JIkUJJb55I]Rep. Peter King: "We shutdown the government" - YouTube[/ame]

And there's nothing new about it. Cut the crap about Obama negotiating ... it's all a distraction. It's end Obamacare or they kill the good faith and credit. There is no negotiation in this.

A Crisis Planned for Months

forcing legislation to get their way is nothing new for the Republicans - as exampled by the WMD Iraqi war - it just is not going to work this time around.

Nor the dems- obamacare. How many dems voted for the Iraq war?

How many Dems threatened to default on the nation's debt if we didn't defund the war in Iraq?

The American people know who to blame for the shutdown.

Rep. Peter King: "We shutdown the government" - YouTube

the democrats bear more responsibility

you are not a true american, you are a left wing reactionary

You're a liar, they bear none of the responsibility.

The fact that the budget ‘crisis’ was manufactured by the right comes as no surprise, of course, and it indeed had only to do with the ACA, as correctly posted by the OP.

“We felt very strongly at the start of this year that the House needed to use the power of the purse,” said one coalition member, Michael A. Needham, who runs Heritage Action for America, the political arm of the Heritage Foundation. “At least at Heritage Action, we felt very strongly from the start that this was a fight that we were going to pick.”

Last week the country witnessed the fallout from that strategy: a standoff that has shuttered much of the federal bureaucracy and unsettled the nation.

To many Americans, the shutdown came out of nowhere. But interviews with a wide array of conservatives show that the confrontation that precipitated the crisis was the outgrowth of a long-running effort to undo the law, the Affordable Care Act, since its passage in 2010 — waged by a galaxy of conservative groups with more money, organized tactics and interconnections than is commonly known.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/us/a-federal-budget-crisis-months-in-the-planning.html?_r=0

And there's nothing new about it. Cut the crap about Obama negotiating ... it's all a distraction. It's end Obamacare or they kill the good faith and credit. There is no negotiation in this.

Exactly. They have contempt for democratic elections (where the ObamaCare candidate defeated the ObamaCare opponent). And they have contempt for the legislative process (where ObamaCare passed both houses). And they have contempt for the Constitution (where ObamaCare survived a Supreme Court challenge).

They are subscribing to activism of the most corrupt sort whereby a radical group of politicians are overturning the will of the majority who voted for Obama. This has nothing to do with their Constitutional budget duties and everything to do with killing a law they don't like. If they cared about the budget than they would have said no to Bush, who took the nation from record surpluses to record deficits. When the GOP controlled congress and the White House they spent at a rate that makes Obama look like Von Hayek. These people are crooks.

Unfortunately, the Democrats lack media support. This is because the media is run by mega-corporations who have contempt for Obama's tax and regulatory policies. So they are peddling this false equivalency about how this is a negotiation. Wrong. The Republicans ran into a house of established law and said if you don't give me what I want, I'm going to burn the house down.

These people make the old Soviet Union look like a bastion of freedom. God help us.

Last edited:
forcing legislation to get their way is nothing new for the Republicans - as exampled by the WMD Iraqi war - it just is not going to work this time around.

Nor the dems- obamacare. How many dems voted for the Iraq war?

How many Dems threatened to default on the nation's debt if we didn't defund the war in Iraq?

I don't recall any but I do recall O voting against raising the debt. Are the Rs threatening to default?

Forum List

Back