The Paradox of Wealth

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
One simple observation. It's quite simple in fact. I've noticed how far left liberals here and elsewhere supposedly strive for wealth and income equality. They've been doing it for a very long time. They want the rich to become poorer, and the poorer to become richer. A paradox. A double standard of ideologies that I want an explanation for. How is it that on one end liberals want the rich to pay their fair share, but on the other, want to give the poor what they deserve? Am I missing something here? Robbing the rich to give to the poor? Is this why America is being turned upside down?

These Liberals speak of wanting the poor to be more prosperous, but speak out against those who happen to be prosperous. Why? If these liberals want people to be prosperous, why begrudge those who are actually prosperous of their prosperity? Why say that the poor need to prosper, but speak out against them when they do achieve that goal? Where's the equality in taking from someone else and giving to someone who hasn't even earned it? This Paradox of Wealth is intriguing and utterly confusing. Poor to prosperous, prosperous to poor. A vicious cycle created by the liberal establishment who themselves are rich, passed down to the unwitting masses underneath their wealthy heels.

Let's say a poor man becomes prosperous, yet according to this logic, he is slapped down for becoming too prosperous. An already prosperous man suddenly loses everything he has, and is told by some that he deserves it because he somehow exploited the poor people below him. Somehow, the rich don't deserve to be rich even after liberals suggest that the poor should become as the rich, with as little effort as possible. But I have few questions for them. Just how do you think a man or woman becomes rich? Answer: He or she has to be poor first. Do you realize the position you've put yourselves in? Should you ever rise out of financial mediocrity or abject poverty and become prosperous like those evil rich folk, just remember that you in your success have become the very thing you abhor.

Last edited:
He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth. The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Psalms 115:13-16

Jesus trumps Psalms.

Uh that's not how God's Word works, BD. I'm sorry. We don't nitpick it to prove a political point. The whole epistle of 3 John is a letter written to a wealthy man who didn't have to sacrifice his wealth to show hospitality to a group of traveling priests.

Last edited:
Jesus trumps Psalms.

Uh that's not how God's Word works, BD. I'm sorry. We don't nitpick it to prove a political point.

awesome.

what are the bible quotes supposed to accomplish in this supposedly political thread, which is actually poorly thought out and horribly written gibberish.

And what do you have to gain by trolling this thread? Perhaps you should go after BD, since she chose to start this scripture war.

Uh, that's not how it works, TK. You don't get to throw out Jesus' specific words which specifically address the issue you've specified, because you don't want to hear it.

On the other hand, it doesn't matter what Jesus said. This isn't a Christian nation.

:thup:

Uh, that's not how it works, TK. You don't get to throw out Jesus' specific words which specifically address the issue you've specified, because you don't want to hear it.

On the other hand, it doesn't matter what Jesus said. This isn't a Christian nation.

:thup:

Beautiful! Then why are you quoting Bible verses to me then? Obviously what Jesus says does matter, or you wouldn't be trying to use his words against me! Your trap (or whatever your point happened to be) has backfired. You showed your obvious lack of understanding of Christianity too. God rewards both humility and prosperity. Those who are humble and merciful will become prosperous, those who are prosperous should be humble and merciful. I'm sure you're familiar with the beatitudes:

"Blessed are the meek (humble) for they shall inherit the earth"

Matthew 5:5

By the way:

Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian - ABC News

Last edited:
Now, since that's over with, does anyone care to take an ingenuous stab at my argument? God, nor Jesus have anything against prosperity, but in order to keep it, you must give praise to the one who gave it to you.

whaaaargarbl.

America is not being turned upside down.

Prove it, wiseguy.

no. burden of proof is on you, who stupidly stuttered that "america is being turned upside down".

you suck at this, seriously.

You suck at debating, pal. This isn't kindergarten, name calling is for children.

Please, prove to me that America is not being turned upside down. My proof is the distrust Americans have in their governing body. Instead of enjoying the freedom to prosper, people who share your ideologies wish to make prosperity harder to attain, to avoid leaving the less fortunate behind in the race known as life. The problem is, in making it hard for the rich to prosper, you make it harder for the less fortunate to taste prosperity. When you try to punish one, you wind up punishing them all.

Last edited:
Sell everything you have and give to the poor.

There is nothing wrong with that bible quote if the person is speaking about herself and ordering others to do so. It is not your right to ORDER others to give to charity. That should be a personal choice and then that person should be able to decide who to give it to based on their beliefs, NOT WHAT OTHERS BELIEVE............

So, BE A BOOP.............. If you want to sell everything you have and give it all away, then do so. That is a personal choice that you must make. I give to charity every year. Not a large amount but what I can afford.

Hypocrisy.................Quoting Bible versus and then turning around and then saying we aren't a Christian Nation. LOL Which religion in this country is predominant............................Answer that question truthfully and you will see that your statement is completely bogus and the PRAVDA of a leftist agenda. It is a LIE...........

Explain about Lying in the Bible.

PennGillette.jpg

Liberalism is a Psychology

Liberalism is a psychology. It is about emotion and self satisfaction. About being superior to others, which is why they flock to teaching jobs and other professional positions in that area. They believe that they are modern day ROBIN Hoods, saving the world by ordering others to do as they say for their own good.

Then they say they are for Freedom as they order others to comply with their beliefs. People like this have LOST the true purpose of FREEDOM. Which is to allow others to live their lives based on their choices and not the orders of others.

They attack the rich, and push taxes on industry. They then ignore the fact that the costs imposed go back on the price of the products the poor buy. Which in turn causes the poor damage because their money doesn't buy as much product, and then tell these same poor people how they are helping them.

Why do they do this............Who the hell knows...........But in their party if you DARE OPPOSE this mindset.............then you are done..............which is exactly why the Blue Dogs were destroyed. Anyway, that's a small take on it.

Forum List

Back