The Paradox of Wealth

One simple observation. It's quite simple in fact. I've noticed how far left liberals here and elsewhere supposedly strive for wealth and income equality. They've been doing it for a very long time. They want the rich to become poorer, and the poorer to become richer. A paradox. A double standard of ideologies that I want an explanation for. How is it that on one end liberals want the rich to pay their fair share, but on the other, want to give the poor what they deserve? Am I missing something here? Robbing the rich to give to the poor? Is this why America is being turned upside down?

These Liberals speak of wanting the poor to be more prosperous, but speak out against those who happen to be prosperous. Why? If these liberals want people to be prosperous, why begrudge those who are actually prosperous of their prosperity? Why say that the poor need to prosper, but speak out against them when they do achieve that goal? Where's the equality in taking from someone else and giving to someone who hasn't even earned it? This Paradox of Wealth is intriguing and utterly confusing. Poor to prosperous, prosperous to poor. A vicious cycle created by the liberal establishment who themselves are rich, passed down to the unwitting masses underneath their wealthy heels.

Let's say a poor man becomes prosperous, yet according to this logic, he is slapped down for becoming too prosperous. An already prosperous man suddenly loses everything he has, and is told by some that he deserves it because he somehow exploited the poor people below him. Somehow, the rich don't deserve to be rich even after liberals suggest that the poor should become as the rich, with as little effort as possible. But I have few questions for them. Just how do you think a man or woman becomes rich? Answer: He or she has to be poor first. Do you realize the position you've put yourselves in? Should you ever rise out of financial mediocrity or abject poverty and become prosperous like those evil rich folk, just remember that you in your success have become the very thing you abhor.

Your premise fails unless you prove that liberals begrudge and abhor those who become rich and that liberals want to make them poor. You have not done that here.

If the rich have been robbed to give to the poor...............what evidence can you provide to support the claim? Absent such evidence, your premise fails. You know.....find some rich people who have gotten poor over the past decade due to income redistribution. Can you do that? Have things been turned upside down? For whom?

Wanting the rich to pay a fair share wanting the poor to be treated fairly are not mutually exclusive. That presents no paradox. Again....your premise fails.

Your third sentence in the second paragraph is masterful. You get triple points for brilliant use of a word.

Overall...terrible presentation based on a very weak, unprovable premise.

You have done it again!

Yeeeah...

Perhaps if you had read the whole thread through, you would have seen an embedded link in my thread to the op-ed piece by Paul Krugman in the New York Times entitled "The Undeserving Rich". He thinks the rich don't deserve to be rich. Pure and simple. And I know how much you hang on to each and every one of his words.

Your critique is flawed. You didn't disprove the paradox, you sat there and said it didn't exist, again without proving it. Assertions do not substitute for facts, LL. But making factual arguments was never your thing, now was it?

in light of your "summary" of the op-ed piece by Paul Krugman, i have to ask if you actually read more than the title.

Your premise fails unless you prove that liberals begrudge and abhor those who become rich and that liberals want to make them poor. You have not done that here.

If the rich have been robbed to give to the poor...............what evidence can you provide to support the claim? Absent such evidence, your premise fails. You know.....find some rich people who have gotten poor over the past decade due to income redistribution. Can you do that? Have things been turned upside down? For whom?

Wanting the rich to pay a fair share wanting the poor to be treated fairly are not mutually exclusive. That presents no paradox. Again....your premise fails.

Your third sentence in the second paragraph is masterful. You get triple points for brilliant use of a word.

Overall...terrible presentation based on a very weak, unprovable premise.

You have done it again!

Yeeeah...

Perhaps if you had read the whole thread through, you would have seen an embedded link in my thread to the op-ed piece by Paul Krugman in the New York Times entitled "The Undeserving Rich". He thinks the rich don't deserve to be rich. Pure and simple. And I know how much you hang on to each and every one of his words.

Your critique is flawed. You didn't disprove the paradox, you sat there and said it didn't exist, again without proving it. Assertions do not substitute for facts, LL. But making factual arguments was never your thing, now was it?

in light of your "summary" of the op-ed piece by Paul Krugman, i have to ask if you actually read more than the title.

I did. It pretty much sums up the title. Next.

But the main thing about this myth is that it misidentifies the winners from growing inequality. White-collar professionals, even if married to each other, are only doing O.K. The big winners are a much smaller group. The Occupy movement popularized the concept of the “1 percent,” which is a good shorthand for the rising elite, but if anything includes too many people: most of the gains of the top 1 percent have in fact gone to an even tinier elite, the top 0.1 percent.

And who are these lucky few? Mainly they’re executives of some kind, especially, although not only, in finance. You can argue about whether these people deserve to be paid so well, but one thing is clear: They didn’t get where they are simply by being prudent, clean and sober.

So how can the myth of the deserving rich be sustained? Mainly through a strategy of distortion by dilution. You almost never see apologists for inequality willing to talk about the 1 percent, let alone the really big winners. Instead, they talk about the top 20 percent, or at best the top 5 percent. These may sound like innocent choices, but they’re not, because they involve lumping in married lawyers with the wolves of Wall Street. The DiCaprio movie of that name, by the way, is wildly popular with finance types, who cheer on the title character — another clue to the realities of our new Gilded Age.

Would a true Christian continue to support a habitual liar................

Obama Lies way more than the average lying politician, yet the left still praises him.............and then claim to be Christians.......but we're aren't a Christian Nation.

LOL

I object here Eagle.....All pollies are fracking Liars,name me two who are not.SEE theliq does not talk with fork tongue:lol::lol:steve

Note how many times the idea of rich people deserving to be rich is labeled a "myth" by Paul Krugman.

For every filthy Rich person,some crime has been committed

That's not true. For every rich man who got rich by the wrong means, like Bernie Madoff, there is a rich man who attained his wealth honestly. Or do I misunderstand you?

Last edited:
Liberals and Progressives, Telling Other People How to Live Their Lives

Liberals and progressives (LPs) like to control and micromanage other people’s lives. They consider themselves the ultimate arbiter of every facet of our existence. You could say they are the proverbial busy-bodies. You can ignore the busy-body down the block. But, if you ignore liberals and progressives who have the power of the HOA, of violent protests, of boycotts, of the law, of the purse, and of the police behind them, you do so at your own peril.

LPs may be a minority of the population but they have their tentacles deeply embedded into the majority and into our national psyche, driving the message and the conversation and squashing dissent with labels of bigotry, racism, xenophobia, and islamophobia.

The LP alliance teaches our children intolerance of divergent opinions, racism, inappropriate sexuality, worship of primitive cultures, and staunch divisiveness in the stated propagandizing pursuit of equality, social justice, and fundamental transformation into an environmental utopia ruled by Mother Earth.

The LPs dilute our Christian faith, the importance of family, tamper with our definition of marriage, and are responsible for the death of millions of innocent unborn children who want to live but are slaughtered through legal abortion

The LPs know better what kind of energy we should use, no matter what the cost to us, which land must be used for solar power generation and wind power generation, no matter how many bird species are fried or killed, or no matter how many cattle ranchers or humans are displaced and hurt in the process.

LPs decide through taxation how much money we should keep from accumulated wealth or earned income. It is unfair to the unsuccessful and the welfare-minded to have less money and wealth than the hard-working and the successful do. Social justice must prevent that from ever happening. Why should a doctor make more money than a grocery store clerk? Could it be that doctors study for 12 years to train in their profession?

It's wonderful how someone tries to argue against wealth and prosperity by quoting me a Bible verse, especially one from Mark 10:21. In that verse, Jesus tells the rich man to give away everything he has and follow him. Yes, that's the humility part. And God rewards humility with prosperity, and will continue blessing them for continuing to do likewise. The prosperity part comes when you acknowledge that God has blessed you with your wealth. The Bible also says that those who fear God will become prosperous, in Psalms 128:1-4 it says:

"...Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in obedience to him. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine within your house, your children like olive plants Around your table. Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the LORD."

Would a true Christian continue to support a habitual liar................

Obama Lies way more than the average lying politician, yet the left still praises him.............and then claim to be Christians.......but we're aren't a Christian Nation.

LOL

I object here Eagle.....All pollies are fracking Liars,name me two who are not.SEE theliq does not talk with fork tongue:lol::lol:steve

Where does my statement say I don't think most if not all of them are liars..............

You didn't see that did you............

So, you can support Obama the Liar because all of them lie. LOL

So are you admitting he lies his ass off all the time now............

God Will Save Me - Christian Jokes

There was an old man sitting on his porch watching the rain fall. Pretty soon the water was coming over the porch and into the house.

The old man was still sitting there when a rescue boat came and the people on board said, "You can't stay here you have to come with us."

The old man replied, "No, God will save me." So the boat left. A little while later the water was up to the second floor, and another rescue boat came, and again told the old man he had to come with them.

The old man again replied, "God will save me." So the boat left him again.

An hour later the water was up to the roof and a third rescue boat approached the old man, and tried to get him to come with them.

Again the old man refused to leave stating that, "God will save him." So the boat left him again.

Soon after, the man drowns and goes to heaven, and when he sees God he asks him, "Why didn't you save me?"

God replied, "You dummy! I tried. I sent three boats after you!!"

Yeeeah...

But the main thing about this myth is that it misidentifies the winners from growing inequality. White-collar professionals, even if married to each other, are only doing O.K. The big winners are a much smaller group. The Occupy movement popularized the concept of the “1 percent,” which is a good shorthand for the rising elite, but if anything includes too many people: most of the gains of the top 1 percent have in fact gone to an even tinier elite, the top 0.1 percent.

And who are these lucky few? Mainly they’re executives of some kind, especially, although not only, in finance. You can argue about whether these people deserve to be paid so well, but one thing is clear: They didn’t get where they are simply by being prudent, clean and sober.

So how can the myth of the deserving rich be sustained? Mainly through a strategy of distortion by dilution. You almost never see apologists for inequality willing to talk about the 1 percent, let alone the really big winners. Instead, they talk about the top 20 percent, or at best the top 5 percent. These may sound like innocent choices, but they’re not, because they involve lumping in married lawyers with the wolves of Wall Street. The DiCaprio movie of that name, by the way, is wildly popular with finance types, who cheer on the title character — another clue to the realities of our new Gilded Age.

so you read it, but did not comprehend it. or just brazenly chose to lie about it.

well done.

so you read it, but did not comprehend it. or just brazenly chose to lie about it.

well done.

So, how did I lie? I'm still waiting for you to explain. Funny how when you disagree, you simply call someone a liar.

Well done. But no.

It's wonderful how someone tries to argue against wealth and prosperity by quoting me a Bible verse, especially one from Mark 10:21. In that verse, Jesus tells the rich man to give away everything he has and follow him. Yes, that's the humility part. And God rewards humility with prosperity, and will continue blessing them for continuing to do likewise. The prosperity part comes when you acknowledge that God has blessed you with your wealth. The Bible also says that those who fear God will become prosperous, in Psalms 128:1-4 it says:

"...Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in obedience to him. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine within your house, your children like olive plants Around your table. Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the LORD."
Sooooo, are you saying all of those that are wealthy have been BLESSED because they walk with the Lord in obedience and fear the LORD?

Really? IS this your message with using this passage? You believe they all fear the Lord and walk in obedience to Him that are the most prosperous and wealthy?

Last edited:

Sooooo, are you saying all of those that are wealthy have been BLESSED because they walk with the Lord in obedience and fear the LORD?

Really? IS this your message with using this passage? You believe they all fear the Lord and walk in obedience to Him that are the most prosperous and wealthy?

I believe you are putting words in my mouth.

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!"

Isaiah 5:20-21

And no, those who attain wealth by dishonorable means will surely lose it, and they most certainly don't fear the Lord.

Moreover, Care4,

"There are those who turn justice into bitterness and cast righteousness to the ground. He who made the Pleiades and Orion, who turns midnight into dawn and darkens day into night, who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out over the face of the land-- the LORD is his name. With a blinding flash he destroys the stronghold and brings the fortified city to ruin. There are those who hate the one who upholds justice in court and detest the one who tells the truth. You levy a straw tax on the poor and impose a tax on their grain. Therefore, though you have built stone mansions, you will not live in them; though you have planted lush vineyards, you will not drink their wine. For I know how many are your offenses and how great your sins. There are those who oppress the innocent and take bribes and deprive the poor of justice in the courts."

Amos 5:7-12

I love how the Right always anoints themselves as the sole speaker for the Left.

Libs do not want the rich to get poorer, that is just a lie of the Right!
Libs want EVERYONE to prosper, but they want the poor to prosper a little more quickly to catch up to the rich.

Last edited:
I love how the Right always anoints themselves as the sole speaker for the Left.

Libs want EVERYONE to prosper, but they want the poor to prosper a little more quickly to catch up to the rich.

Right, then why did Obama raise taxes on millionaires?

Taxing Millionaires: Obama's Buffett Rule - Forbes

You're kidding. No, it's called wealth equality, and you liberals parrot it all the time.

Forum List

Back