The party of small government strikes again

You're not fighting fascism, Marxism, totalitarianism or globalism. Nor are you restoring the "American way of life". You're attacking democracy, the Constitution, and the rule of law. You are DESTROYING the American way of life.

You tried to replace the President with a authoritarian dictator.

You are a pathetic joke.

I'm no fan of Christie (or Pence), but at least some Republicans have noticed the change, and are speaking out against it:

“I believe as a conservative the job of government is in the main to stay out of the business of business. I don’t think we should be heavily regulating business. I don’t think we should be telling business what to do, what to say, how to think. I believe that’s what conservatives have believed for as long as I’ve been alive,” explained Christie. “Where are we headed here now? If you express disagreement in this country, the government is allowed to punish you? To me, that’s what I always thought liberals did.”
Christie also pointed out that Republicans would be “going berserk and saying it’s an overreach” if the tables were turned and former Florida governor Charlie Crist had attacked and used the levers of government against Disney for disagreeing with liberal legislation.

“Believe me, you’d hear Republicans speaking differently,” Christie said.

Last edited:
I am not in favor of participation trophies to me they are meaningless, I am also against laws that are meaningless, like the one for not handing out participation trophies.

I am not in favor of participation trophies to me they are meaningless, I am also against laws that are meaningless, like the one for not handing out participation trophies.

To a high schooler they are useless, to a 6 year old learning to play soccer or basketball they can mean a lot.

To a high schooler they are useless, to a 6 year old learning to play soccer or basketball they can mean a lot.
Not if you want your child to learn that life is chock full of winners, and losers….

I believe that this whole participation award bs is responsible for at least a part of the current entitled brats we see today.

Now, with that said, should the federal government be weighing in on local policies? I don’t believe they should.

North Carolina lawmakers introduce bill to ban participation trophies for kids

North Carolina lawmakers introduced a bill to ban giving children participation trophies for youth sports activities.

The three Republican state representatives — Sens. Tim Moffitt, Eddie Settle, and Bobby Hanig — introduced the bill, called Eliminate Participation Trophies, to the state senate on March 30.

The bill says that any award given to children for youth recreation activities must be based on identified performance achievements.

"Youth sports or other youth recreation activities operated under the authority of a local government shall not include awards for participants based solely on their participation in the sport or other activity," according to the proposed one-page bill.

Now, whether you agree with participation trophies or not, I think we could all agree it is not something the government needs to be sticking its nose in to.

Laughing.........so now *trophies* trigger these snowflakes?

What hopelessly fragile little folks.

Not if you want your child to learn that life is chock full of winners, and losers….

A 6 year old does not need to know that.

A 6 year old should only worry about learning the sport and seeing if they like it.

There is a time for those lessons, but not that young.

I believe that this whole participation award bs is responsible for at least a part of the current entitled brats we see today.

Do you have kids?

Have you ever coached 6 and 7 year old soccer or T-ball or basketball?

Now, with that said, should the federal government be weighing in on local policies? I don’t believe they should.

It is the state Govt doing it, but they should not be butting into local policies either.

I guess, I don’t think there should be a law and you can give out whatever you want at your event, I think participation trophies are silly but if it makes you feel better when you get one, I don’t care either way.

I'm no fan of Christie (or Pence), but at least some Republicans have noticed the change, and are speaking out against it:
So you've noticed the RINOs. Replacing them with real Republicans should be a top priority.

1. A 6 year old does not need to know that.

A 6 year old should only worry about learning the sport and seeing if they like it.

There is a time for those lessons, but not that young.

2. Do you have kids?

Have you ever coached 6 and 7 year old soccer or T-ball or basketball?

3. It is the state Govt doing it, but they should not be butting into local policies either.
1. You should teach all aspects of the game. That includes losing gracefully.

2. Yes, I’ve raised two, and have a grandchild. And I coached my sons t-ball team at that age, as well as my daughter that wanted to play roller hockey with the boys. In each case, the parents decided that participation tropheys were not appropriate…I believe the kids were better for it.

3. Ok.

Because yea… the government really needs to control kids sports awards

Because yea… the government really needs to control kids sports awards
We need government focusing on the truly important stuff. Participation trophies, pronoun police, bathroom regulation, gay cake baking etc... We can't ignore the pressing issues of our time!

Forum List

Back