The party of small Govt does it again...

Less freedom?

Please explain how a 'Right To Work' is LESS freedom than being FORCED into a union or not being able to work at all.

:itsok:

This is not about the right to work, they already had that. Nobody is forced to join the union to work in the state of Florida

This is about the Govt getting involved in how they pay their bills.

Why is it the job of the Govt to tell people how they are allowed to pay their bills?

That's completely ridiculous, could you imagine an employer paying all of your bills for you? Your 'logic' leaves a lot to be desired.

If the employer is willing, why should the Govt stop them?

When I was in the Marines a lot of people paid their rent or mortgage via an allotment.

You seem to be supporting unionized slavery, though. Do you?

Not at all, I think people should have the right to join one or not join one.

This has nothing to do with joining or not, it has to the with the Govt being invovled in how a person pays their bills.

Now that I have answered your questions, can you tell me why it is the Govt's job to be involved in how people pay their bills?

Government employees make more money than the private sector and have much better benefits and perks than the private sector. I personally know several federal employees who retired in their late 50's with a 'bridge to retirement' where they're paid their social security equivalent far earlier than anyone in the private sector. All at tax payer expense. If you're a government employee, you have it made. And you sit here whining that they're somehow short changed. :cuckoo:

None of that has anything to do with the Govt being involved in how you pay your bills.

Now that I have answered your questions, can you tell me why it is the Govt's job to be involved in how people pay their bills?

How can the IRS tell Americans they can not pay their bill in pennies?

It's not the govt's job to tell people how to pay their bills...right?

I don't get your line of reasoning here. All they're saying is that the employer (government) won't be the intermediary in paying union dues.

The rights being violated, in my view, are basic freedom of speech rights. We're supposed to be free to express our opinions and promote our views in public without fearing retaliation from the government.

So, for those of you supporting this shit, who's next? Surely there are other people in Florida promoting the woke nonsense. How is DeSantis going to fuck them over?

I don't get your line of reasoning here. All they're saying is that the employer (government) won't be the intermediary in paying union dues.

The Govt is telling them they cannot pay their bill via an allotment. And it is only the Teachers union they did this to, not the Police Union or the Firefighters union.

I do not think it is the place of the Govt to do so

The Govt is telling them they cannot pay their bill via an allotment. And it is only the Teachers union they did this to, not the Police Union or the Firefighters union.

I do not think it is the place of the Govt to do so
Oh, I totally agree. It's fucked up political retaliation. We really need the Court to step up and do its job.

Oh, I totally agree. It's fucked up political retaliation. We really need the Court to step up and do its job.

The bigger problem is the fact that so many people are fine with political retaliation against anyone they do not agree with.

If the employer is willing, why should the Govt stop them?

When I was in the Marines a lot of people paid their rent or mortgage via an allotment.

Only the government as an employer would even offer to do that since they have unlimited financial resources at the expense of the tax payer. A private company couldn't afford to offer such a service, and I've never heard of one doing so.

Last edited:
None of that has anything to do with the Govt being involved in how you pay your bills.

You're the one that said government employees were being shafted somehow, so you brought it up. And you can't refute what I said, it's 100% true, you're far better off being a government employee than a private sector employee.

Your question is a misnomer to begin with since the example you're basing this on has nothing to do with the government telling anyone how they can pay their bills.

You're the one that said government employees were being shafted somehow, so you brought it up. And you can't refute what I said, it's 100% true, you're far better off being a government employee than a private sector employee.

That is the topic for a different thread. This topic is about the Govt being involved in how people pay their bills.

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed a bill into law Tuesday that will require teachers who want to be in unions to mail in written checks every month.

Now the Repubs are dictating by law how people pay their bills.

Can someone explain how this is a Conservative thing to do?
Funny how you don't make threads attacking the left.

Your question is a misnomer to begin with since the example you're basing this on has nothing to do with the government telling anyone how they can pay their bills.

Yes, the Govt has taken away a method to pay their bills for a particular group of people in the state of Florida.

Forum List

Back