The party of small Govt does it again...

Whether it is a burden or not is irrelevant.

Why is it the Govt's job to tell you how to pay your bills.

Would you support it if Biden made it illegal to pay a mortgage on-line?
I have paid my mortage did it a long time ago and wrote checks so I really don't care. I suspect the union has an account these dues are deposited in I'm pretty sure you can arrange with the banks to have the amount transfered from either a savings or checking account into the union account my gym membership dues are paid each month on my credit card. There are more than just the options of mailing in a check or having the union take the money out of yoiur check. This sounds like the typical partisan much to do about nothing.

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed a bill into law Tuesday that will require teachers who want to be in unions to mail in written checks every month.

Now the Repubs are dictating by law how people pay their bills.

Can someone explain how this is a Conservative thing to do?
That law will be struck down in about 18 milliseconds.

Florida is a right-to-work state like Virginia. Local school systems are not responsible to see that union dues are withdrawn from teacher paychecks.
How many other union workers in Florida are forced to mail in their dues, dipshit?

This is totally unconstitutional.

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida signed a bill into law Tuesday that will require teachers who want to be in unions to mail in written checks every month.

Now the Repubs are dictating by law how people pay their bills.

Can someone explain how this is a Conservative thing to do?

Recognizing that 'small government' just meant stripping people of federal rights so those rights could be turned into crimes at the State level, this is perfectly in line with conservative values.

Recognizing that 'small government' just meant stripping people of federal rights so those rights could be turned into crimes at the State level, this is perfectly in line with conservative values.

Rights????? Crimes?????

Why is it whenever you leftists don't like something Republicans do, it's a "right" of yours to do it? Where are these rights written?

People who don't join unions shouldn't get the benefit of collective bargaining and protection of the union lawyers and any health care program.

Boo hoo. When I left the NEA (thank God) I tried to just pay the portion of my local dues that is not political and negotiates my contract. I was told, nope, can't do that. Have to pay the entire thing. So I said, see ya.

Whether they can or not is irrelevant.

The question is should the govt be involved in how you pay your bills.

I, being a small government, more freedom sort of guy says no.

You, being a big government, less freedom sort of guy says YES.
Wrong as usual. You, being an ignorant asshole, whines that the government can no longer simply take dues automatically without asking. But being an the ignorant racist that are, you can’t understand that. Now put up another funny face and run away.

Horse shit. We just want them to be clear on who sets the agenda. They are employees of the county/city.

In union states (like say IL) the teacher unions set the agenda and that's no way to run a railroad and given how they suck it seems that I am correct.

But hell, I advocate for parents to make the sacrifices necessary and pull their kids out of all public schools and put them in private school.

Nonsense. The same people who demand the city/county set the agenda are the same ones demanding that Teachers carry guns to be able to fight off some armed shooter.

You won’t let them do the job they have the training, education, and experience doing. But you insist they would be fantastic at the job they have no training and experience at.

A book is ten times as dangerous to the RW as a gun near their kids.

The same people who demand the city/county set the agenda are the same ones demanding that Teachers carry guns to be able to fight off some armed shooter.

I have never heard of anybody ever demanding that teachers carry guns.

The very idea is absolutely insane. Got a single reference from anybody not some kind of nut case demanding that?

I have never heard of anybody ever demanding that teachers carry guns.

The very idea is absolutely insane. Got a single reference from anybody not some kind of nut case demanding that?

I guess it wasn’t in your news feed.

How many other union workers in Florida are forced to mail in their dues, dipshit?

This is totally unconstitutional.
name calling.jpg

Odd, I just looked in my pocket constitution and could not find nary a thing about automatic withdraws.

:laughing0301:

Getting the government and it's implied power out of the deduction of perpetual Union payments IS smaller government.

This is a job for private, impartial, third party, employee controlled payment systems. Ones that can be terminated as quickly as a few clicks of a mouse.

That's more freedom, more individual power, and more transparency.

Now tell me again what your way offers.

There is no power in an allotment being taken out of check. My wife has the Govt deduct money from check and put into a savings account, should that be outlawed as well?

The payment to the union, like any other allotment can be stopped with a few clicks of the mouse.

What my way offers is freedom of choice, the thing your way takes away.

Last edited:
Wrong as usual. You, being an ignorant asshole, whines that the government can no longer simply take dues automatically without asking.

They could not do it before this law without asking.

As is your SOP you have no clue of what you speak

And do tell, exactly how many of your bills are deducted directly from your paycheck? Your rent or mortgage payment? Your insurance? Your utilities?

My health insurance is deducted directly from your paycheck.

Should that be outlawed as well?

It is un-American to tell someone what method they have to use to pay their bills
The problem is when you are paying a union to represent your interests as a worker at a facility, but the money is collected by the same entity you are paying another to protect your interests from. It's a similar concept as separation of church and state. It is meant to protect against conflict of interest.

The problem is when you are paying a union to represent your interests as a worker at a facility, but the money is collected by the same entity you are paying another to protect your interests from. It's a similar concept as separation of church and state. It is meant to protect against conflict of interest.

Yet the Police union and the Firefighters union and ever other union in Florida is allowed to keep doing it via allotment.

They specifically targeted the Teachers Union because they do not like them.

Forum List

Back