The party of small Govt does it again...

Never said that and you know it

Yes, you just did. You said a right has to be written down. Too late to take it back now.

Getting your union dues deducted from your paycheck is not a right.

But it is a freedom, and you are cool with that freedom being taken away

Okay, so how is that unconstitutional?

The teachers union is being targeted by the Govt for exercising their 1st amendment right of free speech.

Most of us do not think the Govt should do that, you clearly are not in that camp

Yes, you just did. You said a right has to be written down. Too late to take it back now.

But it is a freedom, and you are cool with that freedom being taken away

The teachers union is being targeted by the Govt for exercising their 1st amendment right of free speech.

Most of us do not think the Govt should do that, you clearly are not in that camp

What I said is that payroll deduction is not a right, not that you don't have rights unless they are written down. There are inherent rights for example.

How much freedom do you suppose anybody loses by paying their union dues in a different way?

This is the key point. I'm not a fan of the teacher's union, nor am I a fan of Disney. But we can't let vengeful leaders use the power of the state to punish people simply for defying them. And that's exactly what's going on here.

It always stuns me how generalizing from principle is so fucking hard for some people. They really can't see past the end of their nose. But they better wise up. If we let DeSantis get away with this, someone else, someone on the "other side" will come along and punish conservative activists for defying them in the same way. And Republicans will have no leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about.

Boycott Disney, and any other business that won't back off on the woke bullshit? You bet. Buy Twitter and implement your style of moderation? That's the way to do it. But stop getting the government involved in your fucking "culture war".

What I said is that payroll deduction is not a right, not that you don't have rights unless they are written down. There are inherent rights for example.

You said this....Yep. If it's a right, it has to be written somewhere.

Now you are taking that back?

How much freedom do you suppose anybody loses by paying their union dues in a different way?

Does it matter how much? Why do you support any loss of freedom? How much freedom do you lose by the NSA reading you every email?

This is the key point. I'm not a fan of the teacher's union, nor am I a fan of Disney. But we can't let vengeful leaders use the power of the state to punish people for defying. And that's exactly what's going on here.

It is what is going on here and every single person from the right has approved of it in this thread.

It is the state of our country right now.

It is what is going on here and every single person from the right has approved of it in this thread.
I haven't read the whole thread, but there are conservatives here on the board, even some Republicans, who oppose what DeSantis is doing. They just lack the "courage of their convictions".

It is un-American to tell someone what method they have to use to pay their bills

Its UnAmerican to tell an American citizen that they have been born into 'slavery' and that if they want to get a job they must be a part of a Union, where they have to pay dues that go to corrupt Union bosses and to fund politicians and agendas they don't support.

This country is about 'freedom', but Democrats show they still support 'slavery'

Its UnAmerican to tell an American citizen that they have been born into 'slavery' and that if they want to get a job they must be a part of a Union, where they have to pay dues that go to corrupt Union bosses and to fund politicians and agendas they don't support.

This country is about 'freedom', but Democrats show they still support 'slavery'

Good thing it is not required to join the union to get a job as a teacher in Florida, since only 60% of the teachers are part of the union.

So, tell me why is it the governments job to tell you how to pay your bills?

DeSantis and Florida got it right.

Yes, I know in your world less freedom is the right thing.

I know that in your world more government intrusion into your life is the right thing.

I appreciate that you no longer pretend to be a conservative.

So that means they have no rights?

But they are allowed to if they wish to.

Most Govt employees do not belong to one either

Government employees make more money than the private sector and have much better benefits and perks than the private sector. I personally know several federal employees who retired in their late 50's with a 'bridge to retirement' where they're paid their social security equivalent far earlier than anyone in the private sector. All at tax payer expense. If you're a government employee, you have it made. And you sit here whining that they're somehow short changed. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back