The Poor People in the US don't know how well they have it....It's laughable to many from other countries

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I saw a clip of college students talking about blacks and how they have such a horrible life. One student said Blacks didn't know what it's like to be poor. He was from a third world country. The others in the groups were from other countries as well and they laughed at the poor black guy who had been talking about how bad his life was.

Perspective is interesting.

I saw a clip of college students talking about blacks and how they have such a horrible life. One student said Blacks didn't know what it's like to be poor. He was from a third world country. The others in the groups were from other countries as well and they laughed at the poor black guy who had been talking about how bad his life was.

They know it, that’s why none of them would even dare to go back to Africa. Just leech off white taxpayers, and complain about how it’s not enough. This is what Democrats have taught blacks.

Interesting. Got a link? Vid? Something....

Yanno........................you're right. Perspective is not only interesting, but it can shape a whole lot about how you think about the world.

Me? I'm just a poor dumb country boy from Montana. However, I've been to 26 different countries, and 49 different states (only missing Alaska).

Me? I've been poor most of my life (hey, as an E-6 over 20 years, and doing the various jobs I've done, I should have earned 260,000 or better), but I learned how to live with what I've had.

Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you have.

Most of my time, I've been poor. The most I'd made in a year was 36,000/year, and that was as an E-6. But, as long as I've had lagniappe, I was happy.

(Look up the word lagniappe if you don't understand.)

Yanno........................you're right. Perspective is not only interesting, but it can shape a whole lot about how you think about the world.

Me? I'm just a poor dumb country boy from Montana. However, I've been to 26 different countries, and 49 different states (only missing Alaska).

Me? I've been poor most of my life (hey, as an E-6 over 20 years, and doing the various jobs I've done, I should have earned 260,000 or better), but I learned how to live with what I've had.

Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you have.

Most of my time, I've been poor. The most I'd made in a year was 36,000/year, and that was as an E-6. But, as long as I've had lagniappe, I was happy.

(Look up the word lagniappe if you don't understand.)
You SOB! I was looking up " lagniappe" before your last sentence. LOL! You are the Best.

Oh, yes!

The lives of officially poor people in this country astounds poor people in Latin America, Africa, and Asia.

Poor people here get government assistance for housing and food and health care and education and .... Poor people here drive cars, have TVs and computers, and their children often wear stylish clothing.

The grinding poverty of "developing nations" does not exist here.

Some people say just observe the poor areas of San Diego, California, and then cross the border to Tijuana, Mexico, and observe that city's poor areas.

1. they should be thankful they are not living in shithole Africa
2. even though they graduate high school at lower levels =
--less qualify for college -and
--graduate college at lower levels/etc and
-they are only 13% of the population=:
they are over represented in GREAT jobs such as:
USPS
automotive manufacturing
SPORTS and entertainment ---- millionaires!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc etc

..they commit crime at much higher rates and graduate at lower rates

As long as our lower standard of living exceeds Africa, Conservatives are pleased.

That is why minimum wage hasn’t been increased in 12 years

America has the richest poor people in the world.

As long as our lower standard of living exceeds Africa, Conservatives are pleased.

So when Obama had all 3 branches of government, what Bill did he pass to help them?
Nothing was done because Democrats need poor people.
Obama raised minimum wage when he had three branches of Government.

Once Republicans took Congress, minimum wage was frozen. They won’t even look at it

Africa worst in:
disease
potable water
hygiene
sanitation
poverty
education
etc etc etc

So when Obama had all 3 branches of government, what Bill did he pass to help them?

Once Republicans took Congress, minimum wage was frozen. They won’t even look at it
Are you kidding?
What kind of a racist are you?
Why don't you tell us the annual wage after making $9.00/hour * 8 * 5 * 52?
And then tell us you live on that wage.

Are you kidding?
What kind of a racist are you?
Why don't you tell us the annual wage after making $9.00/hour * 8 * 5 * 52?
And then tell us you live on that wage.
Has nothing to do with race.

Some of our lowest minimum wages are in rural white areas in the south and Appalachia.

Comparing conditions in the U.S. with those of other countries is ridiculous. We all live HERE, not THERE. This is an effort to squirm out of a rational discussion of conditions in the U.S. It reminds me of the imbeciles who tell women fighting for equal rights and an end to misogyny HERE that they should be happy that they don't live in Saudi Arabia. What's wrong here is still wrong, even if some people in other countries have it worse.

Comparing conditions in the U.S. with those of other countries is ridiculous. We all live HERE, not THERE. This is an effort to squirm out of a rational discussion of conditions in the U.S. It reminds me of the imbeciles who tell women fighting for equal rights and an end to misogyny HERE that they should be happy that they don't live in Saudi Arabia. What's wrong here is still wrong, even if some people in other countries have it worse.
When you are the wealthiest nation on earth and you stoop to compare yourself to the poorest third world nations while your wealthy class is facing historically low taxes you are pathetic.

America has the richest poor people in the world.

Proving once and for all that Johnson's War on Poverty has been a huge success!
We had the richest poor people in the world before that idiot.
Actually, a woman like you would be happier in Saudi. You obviously can't deal with the freedom American women have, and it's just as obviously making you miserable.

Forum List

Back