The President Speaks Of Hope For The Future

I mean, every president has his detractors, but were you to just look at the words and not associate them with any one president, just look at the ideas, what would you think, Hossfly CrusaderFrank ??

Can't remember the last time a US "President" called the opposing political party "the enemy", sent the IRS after us and had the NSA spy on us.

Face it, Obama is Evil

I am trying to understand you.

They didn't call him "no drama Obama" in college for nothing. They are just cleverly put together words possibly authored by former domestic terrorist Bill Ayers who is alleged to have ghost written Barry Hussein's bio. They are just words to Obama. The man has no soul.

So, you think the quotes are actually from Bill Ayers? Really??
Can you give me one Obama accomplishment?

What do you think of the quotes themselves?
I asked first. Give me just one Obama accomplishment.

Sigh...

I would like to once again thank the President for these two very inspiring quotes, both of which the Right was, at best, lukewarm about and sometimes downright vicious:

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

US President Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Once again, thank you, Mr. President!

I mean, every president has his detractors, but were you to just look at the words and not associate them with any one president, just look at the ideas, what would you think, Hossfly CrusaderFrank ??

Can't remember the last time a US "President" called the opposing political party "the enemy", sent the IRS after us and had the NSA spy on us.

Face it, Obama is Evil

I am trying to understand you.

Let's do it in small pieces hmmmkay

Obama called Republicans "our enemy"

What a shame that Conservatives hate Dwight D. Eisenhower so much, he really was a great president.

I just guess no one outside of Jesus himself will be Conservative enough for todays Conservatives...
Boy you sure are clever. Tricking people into thinking a completely different person, who did different things while in office, said something that somebody else said then pretending they were objecting to the person who actually said it. Yeah, taking quotes completely out of context makes you so clever.

What a shame that Conservatives hate Dwight D. Eisenhower so much, he really was a great president.

I just guess no one outside of Jesus himself will be Conservative enough for todays Conservatives...

Well played, Sir

Well played.

I'm going to remember this when Hillary withdraws her candidacy

Sigh...

I would like to once again thank the President for these two very inspiring quotes, both of which the Right was, at best, lukewarm about and sometimes downright vicious:

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

The venom and hatred of the right towards President Eisenhower in this thread is surprising

The venom and hatred of the right towards President Eisenhower in this thread is surprising

This thread all goes to show exactly how blind hate is.:blues:

Gaza City names their streets and schools after suicide bombers. That's more profound.

What, more profound than naming things after this president??

I don't know.....maybe putting him on a coin or something
I'm thinking the dollar

I bet you top dollar that could happen!

Great Presidents end up on our currency
obama_toilet_paper2012-big.jpg

You know that's mounted upside down, right?

Boy you sure are clever. Tricking people into thinking a completely different person, who did different things while in office, said something that somebody else said then pretending they were objecting to the person who actually said it. Yeah, taking quotes completely out of context makes you so clever.

Who ass-umed?

That's subtrafuge and misleading, Stats. Your OP says "The President Speaks of Hope for the Future." The President...................is here and now. A former president is not The President.
Also your 1st post is in quotes and you did not list who was quoted. Not making excuses but you made it appear that Obamessiah said it and that little trick has been used many times on this board. For shame.

That's subtrafuge and misleading, Stats. Your OP says "The President Speaks of Hope for the Future." The President...................is here and now. A former president is not The President.
Also your 1st post is in quotes and you did not list who was quoted. Not making excuses but you made it appear that Obamessiah said it and that little trick has been used many times on this board. For shame.

Your vitriol towards a great president is duly noted

Why should it matter to you "which" president said it?

Calling a spade a spade is not name calling, Mertex. One question, though. Does anyone know anything about this man? Every President we've had has been catalogued from birth to death except this one. Why is everything in his life a closely guarded secret? Why have people made statements, revealed information and next day say they made a mistake. Something fishy there
I am unaware of any secrets. His life is an open book and he is respected around the world as a great American

Now I know you're trolling...

There are schools in France and England that are named after him
Gaza City names their streets and schools after suicide bombers. That's more profound.

I named the deposit I flushed this morning obama....it was touching.

Sigh...

"I have just realized that it is due to you, and to Mr. James Thomas and his staff of the Army Navy Country Club that the putting green here on the White House lawn is already in such excellent condition. I assure you that I get a great deal of pleasure and relaxation out of using the green in an occasional late afternoon hour . . ."

Letter, DDE to Rear Admiral John S. Phillips, 4/12/57 [DDE's Papers as President, President's Personal File, Box 10, 1-A-7 Golf (4)]

"The hope of the world is that wisdom can arrest conflict between brothers. I believe that war is the deadly harvest of arrogant and unreasoning minds."

Address, National Education Association, Washington, D.C., 4/4/57

We gave ya all kinds of clues -- VP who couldn't be trusted... played more golf than any POTUS... Kansas roots... dollar coin... Europe... roads... Rabbi even tried to pull the same thing with a Hitler quote and still didn't catch on. :rofl:

Even Stan Musial... the era...

I am unaware of any secrets. His life is an open book and he is respected around the world as a great American

Now I know you're trolling...

There are schools in France and England that are named after him

I named the deposit I flushed this morning obama....it was touching.

Ewww. Buy some TP.

[
All Obama has is words. His is the administration engaged in an unprecedented attack on the 1A. His administration is engaged in unprecedented attacks on dissent through the IRS and other agencies. This is the president who won the Nobel Peace Prize and has since bombed everything in sight and sent drones to kill people.
And amazingly morons like you fall for it every time.

You know maybe if you wish really hard all your al Qaeda pals that Obama has killed with drones will come back to life.

This thread all goes to show exactly how blind hate is.:blues:
No, this thread shows very little, actually. It is one of the most intellectually dishonest and bankrupt threads in recent memory. We have an OP, and others, pretending that people were protesting the words of a quote, rather than the person that the OP was pretending said the quote, as if context is unimportant. We have an OP who was completely unwilling to engage in any discussion with any meaningful or well thought out critique of the person he was pretending said the quote, and rather simply sat around mocking the low-hanging fruit.

The most that can be said for this thread is that those of us who were duped, and we were, should have known better and Googled the quotes.

Forum List

Back