The President Speaks Of Hope For The Future

What a shame that Conservatives hate Dwight D. Eisenhower so much, he really was a great president.

I just guess no one outside of Jesus himself will be Conservative enough for todays Conservatives...

The venom and hatred of the right towards President Eisenhower in this thread is surprising

This thread all goes to show exactly how blind hate is.:blues:
No, this thread shows very little, actually. It is one of the most intellectually dishonest and bankrupt threads in recent memory. We have an OP, and others, pretending that people were protesting the words of a quote, rather than the person that the OP was pretending said the quote, as if context is unimportant. We have an OP who was completely unwilling to engage in any discussion with any meaningful or well thought out critique of the person he was pretending said the quote, and rather simply sat around mocking the low-hanging fruit.

The most that can be said for this thread is that those of us who were duped, and we were, should have known better and Googled the quotes.

Where did anyone attribute any of the quotes -- or anything -- to O'bama?

Now I know you're trolling...

There are schools in France and England that are named after him
Gaza City names their streets and schools after suicide bombers. That's more profound.

What, more profound than naming things after this president??

I named the deposit I flushed this morning obama....it was touching.

Ewww. Buy some TP.

That was obamas version of the Shroud of Turin....he looked like he was born in it.

Sigh...

I would like to once again thank the President for these two very inspiring quotes, both of which the Right was, at best, lukewarm about and sometimes downright vicious:

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

US President Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Once again, thank you, Mr. President!
Ha! See. No one had issues with the quotes. We just couldn't beleive the same president who has violated every bit of that actually said it.
Thanks for confirming:
Obama hates religion, except Islam
Obama hates average Americans
Obama hates dissent

And you, sir, win Dumbass of the Day for USMB. On behalf of all the members here who werent duped, go fuck yourself.

What a shame that Conservatives hate Dwight D. Eisenhower so much, he really was a great president.

I just guess no one outside of Jesus himself will be Conservative enough for todays Conservatives...
Boy you sure are clever. Tricking people into thinking a completely different person, who did different things while in office, said something that somebody else said then pretending they were objecting to the person who actually said it. Yeah, taking quotes completely out of context makes you so clever.

Who ass-umed?
I admit to being fooled. That fact doesn't change anything, however. Pretending that people were objecting to the quote, rather than Obama saying the quote while his actions were completely opposite, is dishonest nonsense. Pretending that the quote being said by Eisenhower instead of Obama changes nothing is also dishonest nonsense. Yes, Statistik fooled many of us, but he proved himself dishonest in the process. Good for him.

Sigh...

I would like to once again thank the President for these two very inspiring quotes, both of which the Right was, at best, lukewarm about and sometimes downright vicious:

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Ha! See. No one had issues with the quotes. We just couldn't beleive the same president who has violated every bit of that actually said it.
Thanks for confirming:
Obama hates dissent

And you, sir, win Dumbass of the Day for USMB. On behalf of all the members here who werent duped, go fuck yourself.

Got caught with your pants down again....didn't you Rabbi?

Boy you sure are clever. Tricking people into thinking a completely different person, who did different things while in office, said something that somebody else said then pretending they were objecting to the person who actually said it. Yeah, taking quotes completely out of context makes you so clever.

Who ass-umed?
I admit to being fooled. That fact doesn't change anything, however. Pretending that people were objecting to the quote, rather than Obama saying the quote while his actions were completely opposite, is dishonest nonsense. Pretending that the quote being said by Eisenhower instead of Obama changes nothing is also dishonest nonsense. Yes, Statistik fooled many of us, but he proved himself dishonest in the process. Good for him.

Would you care to point out this "dishonesty"?
Again, where was anything attributed to O'bama?

The venom and hatred of the right towards President Eisenhower in this thread is surprising

No, this thread shows very little, actually. It is one of the most intellectually dishonest and bankrupt threads in recent memory. We have an OP, and others, pretending that people were protesting the words of a quote, rather than the person that the OP was pretending said the quote, as if context is unimportant. We have an OP who was completely unwilling to engage in any discussion with any meaningful or well thought out critique of the person he was pretending said the quote, and rather simply sat around mocking the low-hanging fruit.

The most that can be said for this thread is that those of us who were duped, and we were, should have known better and Googled the quotes.

I didn't say that you did, but if you deny that you wanted us to think you were talking about Obama, however, then you are as dishonest as the OP. A clever liar is still a liar, however.

That's subtrafuge and misleading, Stats. Your OP says "The President Speaks of Hope for the Future." The President...................is here and now. A former president is not The President.
Also your 1st post is in quotes and you did not list who was quoted. Not making excuses but you made it appear that Obamessiah said it and that little trick has been used many times on this board. For shame.

Your vitriol towards a great president is duly noted

Why should it matter to you "which" president said it?
"which" wasn't quoted properly and if you think I have vitriol for that son of a crack 'ho, you're right on the money.

Actually, that's a lie.

I took nothing out of context and I never said once that the President who said those two things that were quoted was Pres. Obama, not even once.

Indeed.

Do Conservative computers lack google or bing?

That's subtrafuge and misleading, Stats. Your OP says "The President Speaks of Hope for the Future." The President...................is here and now. A former president is not The President.
Also your 1st post is in quotes and you did not list who was quoted. Not making excuses but you made it appear that Obamessiah said it and that little trick has been used many times on this board. For shame.

"which" wasn't quoted properly and if you think I have vitriol for that son of a crack 'ho, you're right on the money.

To quote the next President........What difference does it make?

Who ass-umed?

Would you care to point out this "dishonesty"?
Again, where was anything attributed to O'bama?
- Pretending people objected to the quotes in a vacuum. - Dishonest
- Pretending people were objecting to Eisenhower saying the quotes. - Dishonest

Again, anybody can say anything. Obama and Eisenhower can say the exact same thing, and it's possible to believe one and not the other based on the fact that they're two entirely different people who did different things while in office. To pretend otherwise is dishonest, and that was the whole purpose of the thread.

I didn't say that you did, but if you deny that you wanted us to think you were talking about Obama, however, then you are as dishonest as the OP. A clever liar is still a liar, however.

The question is --- WHO brought you there? Where is the "lie"?

Aye, there's the rub.

Nobody objected to the quotes, sheeple.

Au Contraire, great historians have referred to former Presidents as "the President".

Sorry, you don't win that point.

And not even once did I wrote that Pres.Obama said those things.

Conservatives here simply ass-umed that.

Sigh...

Thanks for confirming:
Obama hates dissent

No, idiot. I spotted it right away.

Actually, that's a lie.

I took nothing out of context and I never said once that the President who said those two things that were quoted was Pres. Obama, not even once.
Actually, it isn't. I never said that you said that President Obama was the one who said those things. To deny that you wanted us to believe that Obama said those things, however, is a lie.

Nobody objected to the quotes, sheeple.
Seems you did based on who you thought said it

Hate runs to the bone in you doesn't it?

Indeed.

Do Conservative computers lack google or bing?
That's the only thing that can be said in your favor here: That we should've googled the quotes.

Sigh...

Thanks for confirming:
Obama hates dissent

No, idiot. I spotted it right away.

Cool

Lets spend the rest of the thread proving you wrong

Forum List

Back