"The Presidential Beer Test", aka "likeability" (Poll)

Tag the candidates you would like to have a beer with. Skip the ones you are NOT interested in.

• Joe Biden

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ron Desantis

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Kamala Harris

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Gavin Newsom

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Mike Pence

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
I would ask Bush and Obama how it was that they were able to sleep at night knowing how many innocent deaths they are responsible for and I imagine the evening would likely end there.

They would punch you in the face and drag you out of the bar and dump you in the parking lot

On MTP this morning, Chuck Todd said that Ron Desantis fails the "beer test".
Would you want to have a beer with any of the presidential candidates?
I remember when Senator Warren, aka "Pocahontas", had a beer on camera with her hubby. She failed the beer test.
I think Chuck Todd is wrong. I'd like to have a beer with Ron Desantis. Is the deciding factor politics or personality?
For me, its politics, I don't want to argue when I'm drinking.

Looking at the 2024 presidential betting odds, are there ANY candidates you consider likeable enough to have a beer with?

View attachment 764984
I would drink a beer with Mike Pence. He was VP under Trump and supported, as was his job, but in a pinch, supported the Constitution, rule of law, and support for free elections, as a constitutional conservative must, though politically, not a popular move for somebody in that party. No matter what else he has done or supports, I have to respect that. I'm sure it would be interesting conversation, though he seems like a stiff, in public.

They would punch you in the face and drag you out of the bar and dump you in the parking lot

They wouldn't. Secret Service might. I've never seen a guy who wears mom jeans able to actually throw a punch.

I would drink a beer with Mike Pence. He was VP under Trump and supported, as was his job, but in a pinch, supported the Constitution, rule of law, and support for free elections, as a constitutional conservative must, though politically, not a popular move for somebody in that party. No matter what else he has done or supports, I have to respect that. I'm sure it would be interesting conversation, though he seems like a stiff, in public.

Pence is a religious holy roller who would bore you to death
Even though Trump sent a mob to kill him, he still refuses to criticize him

None of the women members would be able to meet with him alone either.

Does seem like a stiff. I have gotten along well, though, with holy rollers, as long as they are sincere believers, as I have been there. It is the religious hypocrites, I can't stand, and it is amazing how many there are.

True. After a few beers everyone lightens up. I'm sure Pence has more than a few interesting tales to tell from his VP years.

Does seem like a stiff. I have gotten along well, though, with holy rollers, as long as they are sincere believers, as I have been there. It is the religious hypocrites, I can't stand, and it is amazing how many there are.
Democrats like Pelosi and Biden need to either deny that they are Catholic, or become Pro-Life. Otherwise they are religious hypocrites.
As it stands now, the Catholic Church can deny them the saxcraments for their Pro-Choice view on abortion.

How long have you had that self-image problem? Pols would look at us as voters. They need us more than we need them.
You would be surprised at those politicians that wouldn't come anywhere near working joe if they could help it. Finding one who doesn't mind sitting and talking to regular folks is rare and would have a better chance of getting my vote.

You would be surprised at those politicians that wouldn't come anywhere near working joe if they could help it. Finding one who doesn't mind sitting and talking to regular folks is rare and would have a better chance of getting my vote.
I believe that the pols cover the gamut of people. Many years ago the first pollsters said that there were about 480 classes of people/voters.
Today there are probably 4,800 different groups. Forming a majority is no simple task.

Oddly, I feel like Michael Pence is the only one that I might learn something from, in a friendly conversation about important things, other than the Bible.

On MTP this morning, Chuck Todd said that Ron Desantis fails the "beer test".
Would you want to have a beer with any of the presidential candidates?
I remember when Senator Warren, aka "Pocahontas", had a beer on camera with her hubby. She failed the beer test.
I think Chuck Todd is wrong. I'd like to have a beer with Ron Desantis. Is the deciding factor politics or personality?
For me, its politics, I don't want to argue when I'm drinking.

Looking at the 2024 presidential betting odds, are there ANY candidates you consider likeable enough to have a beer with?

View attachment 764984

And if there's anyone who truly understands the social currency required to enjoy the simple pleasure of a brew and a conversation: IT'S CHUCK MOTHERFUCKING TODD!!!!!!

And if there's anyone who truly understands the social currency required to enjoy the simple pleasure of a brew and a conversation: IT'S CHUCK MOTHERFUCKING TODD!!!!!!
LOL!! He's one slimy SOB I would never want to have a beer with! Chuck Todd is like Jen Psaki, a very smooth talented liar.

I didn't vote but it would be interesting to see Biden drunk. You might not even be able to tell the difference between that and how he is normally.

Once he's drunk he turns into a version of an articulate English Professor discussing the idiosyncrasies of 1920s Leninist Russia.

Which only betrays his true motives.

Forum List

Back