🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Presidential Election in 2016...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
I have no doubt that the GOP will somehow find a way to fuck things up again and give the White House to the Dems a third straight time...

I hope someone high ranking from the military runs. I don't care which party.

They've seen firsthand the bullshit from career politicians. It's time we had a career leader again!

sorry, Old School... the military ain't what it used to be...

it's now fulla pussies afraid of their own shadows...

They've seen firsthand the bullshit from career politicians. It's time we had a career leader again!

sorry, Old School... the military ain't what it used to be...

it's now fulla pussies afraid of their own shadows...

I work with members of the military every single day. I know several who I wish would start a political career... but they won't. Because of the current culture of the military which is serve and don't be heard.

If a General of the United States Army told you something how much more would you listen to it than some congressman?

I want a President who commands authority. Someone who could stare Putin in the eye and win. But I don't know if that'll ever happen again :(

what about this guy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXS3vW47mOE]The Plan -- according to U.S. General Wesley Clark (Ret.) - YouTube[/ame]

what about this guy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXS3vW47mOE]The Plan -- according to U.S. General Wesley Clark (Ret.) - YouTube[/ame]

I remember when he ran. I wish he'd made it through the primaries.

what about this guy

I remember when he ran. I wish he'd made it through the primaries.

He talked "crazy" back then...................

I'm really sad today the small brains still think he is a crazy person.

They don't understand the Petrol Dollar at all.

I have no doubt that the GOP will somehow find a way to fuck things up again and give the White House to the Dems a third straight time...

I had a dream that all hell broke loose in electoral politics next time around. It went a little like this. The real progressives became sick of the party bullshit in the Democrat party b/c Hillary refuses to support a rise in the minimum wage and continues to support the TTP, both issues the working poor and the unions steadfastly refuse to get on board with, thus, they nominate Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders.

The rank and file conservative voters have it up to here with party bosses and bolt from the Republican party once they see that their interests are no longer being represented. These voters stand against the bailing out of big businesses (i.e. no such thing as too big to fail), are for the closing of the borders, and against granting amnesty to alien residents, but these issues are all but ignored by the party bosses. The party bosses care nothing for economic sanity in congress. The libertarian/Tea party base thus refuses to play ball with the party politicians and decides to nominate their own party candidate, such as Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Of course, these candidates do not get the big Wall Street donations nor the big foundations grants, and they depend on grass roots support.

This then leaves the Republican party in an historic position, jockeying for the middle. It then turns to, of all people, Hillary Clinton to take their nomination and lead them toward the center and on to victory in November. It turns out she best exemplifies their corporate/government revolving door economic principles, and their vision for an international world order.

Imagine that, Hillary Clinton running on the same party ticket as Abe Lincoln, and the opposite presidential party ticket as her husband. Wouldn't that be queer?

Let's face it, the party that IS the centrist party is the Republican party. It stands for nothing but selling the American people to the world's elites at the lowest cost of a quick buck, faster than the next nation can. If you don't stand for anything but money, you stand for nothing.

Republicans do not have a viable candidate. Jeb Bush is their best chance, imo, and his name will prevent him from becoming a serious threat. I actually think that is unfortunate because he is not his brother and I think he would make a decent president. The next person on the Republican side that I think would be a good candidate does not seem to be interested in running, and that is John Thune. He's the only true conservative with any integrity. While I disagree with his politics, I can at least respect him as not being an absolute asshat like most other conservatives.

The biggest problem though is that if Hillary runs, there is nobody that is going to stop her from winning, unless she does something really stupid like putting Elizabeth Warren on the ticket with her. We will see how it all plays out, but I'm sticking with my prediction that we will see a Hillary/Castro ticket in 2016, and that she will win with more electoral votes than Obama received in 2012.

I had a dream that all hell broke loose in electoral politics next time around. It went a little like this. The real progressives became sick of the party bullshit in the Democrat party b/c Hillary refuses to support a rise in the minimum wage and continues to support the TTP, both issues the working poor and the unions steadfastly refuse to get on board with, thus, they nominate Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders.

The rank and file conservative voters have it up to here with party bosses and bolt from the Republican party once they see that their interests are no longer being represented. These voters stand against the bailing out of big businesses (i.e. no such thing as too big to fail), are for the closing of the borders, and against granting amnesty to alien residents, but these issues are all but ignored by the party bosses. The party bosses care nothing for economic sanity in congress. The libertarian/Tea party base thus refuses to play ball with the party politicians and decides to nominate their own party candidate, such as Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Of course, these candidates do not get the big Wall Street donations nor the big foundations grants, and they depend on grass roots support.

This then leaves the Republican party in an historic position, jockeying for the middle. It then turns to, of all people, Hillary Clinton to take their nomination and lead them toward the center and on to victory in November. It turns out she best exemplifies their corporate/government revolving door economic principles, and their vision for an international world order.

Imagine that, Hillary Clinton running on the same party ticket as Abe Lincoln, and the opposite presidential party ticket as her husband. Wouldn't that be queer?

Let's face it, the party that IS the centrist party is the Republican party. It stands for nothing but selling the American people to the world's elites at the lowest cost of a quick buck, faster than the next nation can. If you don't stand for anything but money, you stand for nothing.

you sorta made sense at the beginning of your post...

but it then became patently obvious towards the end that you're a pathetic li'l worm who has his head firmly lodged up his ass...

Last edited:

but it then became patently obvious towards the end that you're a pathetic li'l worm who has his head firmly lodged up his ass...

Easy sport, I said it was a dream. Your party identification seems to be far too loyal. You should evaluate a candidate based on their merit, not on their party.

Remember, at one time, it was the Republicans that freed the slaves and were the supposed defenders of civil rights and civil liberties. Now, apparently, it is supposed to be the Democrats that took up that mantel in the 1960's, they switched roles.

Politics is fluid. One should never let their ego identify with a partisan political party or a sports franchise. For if they do, when they find that party is corrupt, or that franchise sells out, their soul will be lost. Now, is that something you want to happen? :dunno:

It appears that there may be others in here who believe as I do that dumb-fuck Obama is merely a slightly darker incarnation of dumb-fuck GWB...

Last edited:

Why? He is not that far off. The parties talk different stripes and then do the same things. It really does not matter who runs, they are all of the same party.

Republicans do not have a viable candidate. Jeb Bush is their best chance, imo, and his name will prevent him from becoming a serious threat. I actually think that is unfortunate because he is not his brother and I think he would make a decent president. The next person on the Republican side that I think would be a good candidate does not seem to be interested in running, and that is John Thune. He's the only true conservative with any integrity. While I disagree with his politics, I can at least respect him as not being an absolute asshat like most other conservatives.

The biggest problem though is that if Hillary runs, there is nobody that is going to stop her from winning, unless she does something really stupid like putting Elizabeth Warren on the ticket with her. We will see how it all plays out, but I'm sticking with my prediction that we will see a Hillary/Castro ticket in 2016, and that she will win with more electoral votes than Obama received in 2012.

You see it that way because you are on the left. The fact that Jeb is the only viable candidate that you see is an indication that you have no idea who is actually viable on the right.

I always have a chuckle when the left tells the right who is and is not viable. The idea is laughable. The right CANNOT win by running candidates that are palatable to the left – it is completely counterproductive. Those on the left will NEVER vote for a republican no matter what the views.

It makes the most sense for a police state.

For now a Chicago thug will have to do.

I don't think it's a matter of "fucking it up" as it is that the demographics aren't in their favor.

The GOP made a decision decades ago that the way to stay in power was to play on white resentment of a changing America. And that kind of made sense when White Folks were 89% of the electorate in 1976. If electorate percentages were the same in 2012 as they were in 1976, Romney would have won and won easily.

Unfortunately for the GOP, whites were 72% of the electorate in 2012. and while Romney carried 59% of the white vote, he lost the Hispanic and African American votes decisively.

I really don't see how the GOP fixes this. With Obama gone in 2016, a lot of the white resentment that animated the zombified corpse of the GOP will go with him. And I can't see what they say to those minorities they've been alienating for decades.

The last president who came from the military left me profoundly disappointed.

Eisenhower, who denied me to become an American.

In 1956 I was and idealistic seventeen year old who took part in the Hungarian Revolution and when it was crushed I escaped from Hungary and had the dream of going to America.

Back in those days, there was a quota for immigration to the United States, based on some numbers established decades earlier. There was only a small number allowed from Hungary.

Of the 400,000 Hungarians who escaped many, but not all by any means, wished to be accepted by the United States, but due to the limitation of the quota only about 40,000 were actually admitted. I was not among the lucky ones, and came to Canada, who, unlike America welcomed me.

Eisenhower could have easily signed an executive order to be more hospitable to Hungarians in 1956. This general/president failed to see the David v. Goliath struggle of the tiny Hungarian nation and acted - or more precisely NOT acted - accordingly.

While I admire his greatest achievement, the Interstate Highway System, and Heaven knows, I traveled most of them from Boston to San Diego and from Seattle to Miami and everywhere in between and I worked on assignment in Akron, Ohio for six years, and I spend lots of my winter in the warmth of Florida or Arizona and I love America probably more than some Americans do, and came to forgive Ike, but I really would not like to see a president from the military, since by definition they are too precise, too fact driven and too unemotional and too cold.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back