🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Presidential Election in 2016...

With all due respect, but you should try to have a bit more respect for historical facts. Your claim about the US shipping Jews back to Germany in 1943 is a ludicrous lie.

For the rest, one may sympathize (as I do) with the Hungarian rebellion against Soviet oppression in 1956. But that doesn't need to stop one from realizing that this was a lost cause and that it would have been impossible and unwise for the US to intervene militarily, short of starting World War III with the immediate and complete destruction of Hungary as its first result.

I never advocated military intervention in Hungary in 1956, and even as a green seventeen year old I realized that it would not happen.

All I was hoping for was a chance to go to America, the land of my dreams, which could have been reality by an executive order by President Eisenhower to allow a greater number of Hungarian refugees to enter America, than was restricted by a decades old law.

Yet, look at what and who is allowed in or at least tolerated with an expired visa in America today: Muslim terrorists, Russian Maffiya. Mexican drug lords and Chechnians who bomb the Boston Marathon.

Yes, imagine, Dwight Eisenhower believed that as President he had to respect the laws voted by Congress. How scandalous! Fortunately President Obama feels differently.

President Eisenhower signed 486 executive orders.

Do yo really think that one more, allowing Hungarian freedom fighters to come to America would have damaged his reputation, jeopardize his legacy and ruin the United States of America?

Executive Orders Disposition Tables

With all due respect, but you should try to have a bit more respect for historical facts. Your claim about the US shipping Jews back to Germany in 1943 is a ludicrous lie.

For the rest, one may sympathize (as I do) with the Hungarian rebellion against Soviet oppression in 1956. But that doesn't need to stop one from realizing that this was a lost cause and that it would have been impossible and unwise for the US to intervene militarily, short of starting World War III with the immediate and complete destruction of Hungary as its first result.

Let me encourage you to Google about SS St Louis, the ship that was turned away from all U.S. ports. For some reason my computer does not allow me to copy and paste to support my claim. It is not a lie, let alone a ludicrous one.

Also, view the old movie, "Ship Of Fools".

Despite the sympathy America has for the State of Israel, today, America does not have a proud record about its attitude towards Jews internally or internationally.

A few facts: 1939 is not 1943; the SS St. Louis sailed for Cuba (not the US). If you don't know historical facts it's better not illustrate your ignorance.

My apologies for the mistaken date of SS St Louis.

No apology for the rest:

MS St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously you never read past the word "Cuba" if you even read anything at all about the ship and its passengers.

Last edited:
Let me encourage you to Google about SS St Louis, the ship that was turned away from all U.S. ports. For some reason my computer does not allow me to copy and paste to support my claim. It is not a lie, let alone a ludicrous one.

Also, view the old movie, "Ship Of Fools".

Despite the sympathy America has for the State of Israel, today, America does not have a proud record about its attitude towards Jews internally or internationally.

A few facts: 1939 is not 1943; the SS St. Louis sailed for Cuba (not the US). If you don't know historical facts it's better not illustrate your ignorance.

No apology for the rest:

Obviously you never read past the word "Cuba" if you even read anything at all about the ship and its passengers.

I know a lot more about this than you and I don't rely on quick googling. The fact is that you don't know the first thing about this or about what happened to the passenger. You claimed that the US sent Jews to Germany to be exterminated at the same time as when Hungary allowed Jews to be deported to Auschwitz and this is a patent lie.

I have no doubt that the GOP will somehow find a way to fuck things up again and give the White House to the Dems a third straight time...

The GOP that we've come to know and loathe enters the electoral college at a start disadvantage every year. When they could at least portray themselves as being for the little guy; there was a contest but that is no longer the case. It is no longer the case because they have gone out of their way to thumb their noses at anyone who isn't Caucasian, Christian, Male, and Straight. Currently those voting demographics are not the ones that are growing so, as a result, the political clout of those groups is shrinking.

I have no doubt that the GOP will somehow find a way to fuck things up again and give the White House to the Dems a third straight time...

The GOP that we've come to know and loathe enters the electoral college at a start disadvantage every year. When they could at least portray themselves as being for the little guy; there was a contest but that is no longer the case. It is no longer the case because they have gone out of their way to thumb their noses at anyone who isn't Caucasian, Christian, Male, and Straight. Currently those voting demographics are not the ones that are growing so, as a result, the political clout of those groups is shrinking.

there is no basis for the stupidity you spew; but that never stops you from making a fool of yourself daily

Lets just try to get some facts correct, shall we. The GOP did not fuck up in 2012, Romney was a good candidate and would have been a good president. He lost because we have a corrupt biased media and because half of the country is still obsessesed with "the first black president".
Wrong. The man visited Poland during his campaign. Poland. Possibly the least important country in Europe to the US...Governor Romney was there. As always, you're full of shit.

When the moderator of a debate is clearly taking sides, we have a corrupt media that has become nothing but a mouthpiece for one party.
It's a good thing that didn't happen. It's also a good thing the moderator didn't as a question during the debate...it was a town hall where the citizens asked the questions.

As always, you're full of shit.

That is the real danger we face in this country----a state controlled media. Were it not for talk radio and Fox, we would already be there.

Yes, having you controlled by Fox is hilarious...I can watch what they say on TV and 30 minutes late...presto; you have it on here.

No apology for the rest:

I know a lot more about this than you and I don't rely on quick googling. The fact is that you don't know the first thing about this or about what happened to the passenger. You claimed that the US sent Jews to Germany to be exterminated at the same time as when Hungary allowed Jews to be deported to Auschwitz and this is a patent lie.

Obviously you did not know because yo neglected to read:

"The MS St. Louis was a German ocean liner most notable for a single voyage in 1939, in which her captain, Gustav Schröder, tried to find homes for 937 German Jewish refugees after they were denied entry to Cuba, the United States and Canada, until finally accepted to various countries of Europe. Historians have estimated that, after their return to Europe, approximately a quarter of the ship's passengers died in concentration camps."

Quoted from Wikipedia.

Now, to be realistic, I fully and with shame admit that my old country, Hungary was and still is virulently anti-semitic, but I, personally, am NOT. I severed my relationship with my brother in Hungary because of his anti-semitic and anti-American views.

I respect your claim that you know more about this than I do. But were you there in kindergarten when your friends were snatched away because they were Jewish, like I was as a four year old in Hungary in 1943? Don't talk to me about how much you know unless you can support it with facts.

The first Black President is an abject failure; sad but true

people addicted to race card politics will say that pointing out obama's failures is racist; that you are saying he failed BECUAUSE he's Black

but that is just brainwashed losers living in denial and looking to rationalize things

people addicted to race card politics will say that pointing out obama's failures is racist; that you are saying he failed BECUAUSE he's Black

but that is just brainwashed losers living in denial and looking to rationalize things

maybe he failed because he is half white :lol:

A sane party would never nominate a Mormon plutocrat who couldn't even reveal his taxes for fear of being found out. I think the gop will nominate a guy with no track record on social issues this time around.

But, I'm beginning to be more convinced Hill will give it a go. That interview with Bill and Chelsea, and Chelsea talking about how Slick's remade himself into family man devoted to staying healthy for his family is pretty obvious .... and probably not totally insincere.

A sane party would never nominate a Mormon plutocrat who couldn't even reveal his taxes for fear of being found out. I think the gop will nominate a guy with no track record on social issues this time around.

But, I'm beginning to be more convinced Hill will give it a go. That interview with Bill and Chelsea, and Chelsea talking about how Slick's remade himself into family man devoted to staying healthy for his family is pretty obvious .... and probably not totally insincere.

Old, angry, arrogant, failure----------yep, please run her.

Well if it's her v. Ayn Paul, I think the gop's in for another drubbing. I think it's possible that Kasich could win.

Well if it's her v. Ayn Paul, I think the gop's in for another drubbing. I think it's possible that Kasich could win.

I like Kasich too. But I think whoever the GOP runs will beat Hillybilly. The american people are fed up with the clintons, the bushs, and the obamas.

but you dems could always run Biden :eusa_whistle:

Well Hill polls pretty well for somebody people are fed up with. She'd have to become economically viable. The dems, and esp younger voters, are wayyyy more progressive than in the 90s.

The gop does have some governors from blue/lean blue states who are not carrying crazy baggage and who did oversea an econ rebound. The problem is the rebound had nothing to do with tax cuts for the rich. So, in a sense, they carry the same smell.

Believe it or not, there was a time when we had a worse President and things were even bleaker for the Republican Party. The GOP had been declared dead, our country was in a deep malaise, we had double digit inflation, Russia had invaded another country and we were doing nothing about it, and Iran had us by the balls. And it was liberals on the Left who were the whiners and pessimists instead of the right wingers of today.

And yet one of the greatest Republicans who ever lived was swept into office, and then was later re-elected in the largest electoral landslide in history.

But I am not sure we have that in us any more. The GOP has become a suicide cult.

Believe it or not, there was a time when we had a worse President and things were even bleaker for the Republican Party. The GOP had been declared dead, our country was in a deep malaise, we had double digit inflation, Russia had invaded another country and we were doing nothing about it, and Iran had us by the balls. And it was liberals on the Left who were the whiners and pessimists instead of the right wingers of today.

And yet one of the greatest Republicans who ever lived was swept into office, and then was later re-elected in the largest electoral landslide in history.

But I am not sure we have that in us any more. The GOP has become a suicide cult.

But that was when a man lost a primary fight, and then at age 65, undertook a natl campaign to change the ideology of a major political party. And then, despite a maj of Americans not really supporting his view of the social compact or for policy, concluded something had to change, so they voted for change.

I'm not sure either party has that. Rand Paul wants to do it, but his party is mired in diviseiveness. Moreover, his primary assumptions of economics and intl relations are inconsistent with institutions, while Reagan was more than willing to compromise/

Obama ran on it, and gave us BushIILight.

there is no basis for the stupidity you spew; but that never stops you from making a fool of yourself daily

The facts whisper more loudly than your lies.

Of the 108 majority-minority Congressional districts; the GOP represents only 9 of them. These are places where there isn't a majority of white males. Women are simply smarter than men in most cases; you're living proof

maybe he failed because he is half white :lol:

Why do you fail...everytime?

Sure...he's an abject failure because:
He's the first prez to introduce universal healthcare to the US...integrating free markets w government oversight.
Obama is the only prez to "get" Osama bin Laden after they all tried and couldn't do it...
Although tasked with pulling our country out of the 2 wars W started and cleaning up his economic mess...Obama still manages to save the U.S. auto industry and move our country steadily (albeit slowly, due to the deep hole W dug) forward....despite endless opposition from the GOP...the leadership of which said their "first priority" was to deny Obama a 2nd term...which they failed to do.
Obama managed to initiate an effective process to de-nuke Iran...without war.
Obama helped to depose dictators like Mubarrek and Ghaddafi- again without war costing U.S. lives and money.
Obama is standing up to bullies like Putin...thru progressive sanctions and influencing allies to suspend Russia from the G-8 and denying his hosting of that summit...again without agression.
And much, much more...
Some "failure".
Perhaps the failure is urs in failing to recognize a great American prez...and ur own duty as a citizen to support him on the world stage during a global crisis

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:

have no problem with conservative blacks, Hispanics, gays or women. Try again.

Forum List

Back