The President's Speech.

What part of it was incoherent or messy.

It was in fact well constructed and pedantic.

He even never lost a step when a code pink protester heckled him.
That's because he reads a teleprompter. Obama can't give a speech without his TPs. You have no fucking idea who actually wrote the speech that he read to you.

He did not write the speech. He may have controled the gist of the information to be revealed, but he did not write the speech. he read the speech.

Of course. He has professional bullshitters to author the speeches he reads. People that think Obama actually believes what he says are literally DUPES!

I read it. Obama read it to me first. Then I read it and remembered that he said exactly what I read. That does not make it a truthful speech.

Read it, heard it, watched it......even started a thread entitled "What a Crock of Shit" about it.

It's just more of Obama scrambling to play CYA.

The man IS a great speaker, I've always given him that.
But he is just that.
A literary gymnast.
Exactly! He thrives on presentation and obfuscation.

Obama is the most proficient LIAR I have ever known to be in the White House.

Good speech...my ass! The man is a disingenuous piece of dog squeeze~!

Whatever man..

You're in a rut.
What a cute response! Oh My god! You are so fucking cool! I wish i could be just like you!:cool:

You have your misguided opinion...I have mine! Mine is more in touch with reality than yours.

We have a TEAM of LIARS in the Obama administration. We have a TEAM of LIARS in the liberal congress members.

Possibly one of his best:

Now, all these issues remind us that the choices we make about war can impact — in sometimes unintended ways — the openness and freedom on which our way of life depends. And that is why I intend to engage Congress about the existing Authorization to Use Military Force, or AUMF, to determine how we can continue to fight terrorism without keeping America on a perpetual wartime footing.

The AUMF is now nearly 12 years old. The Afghan war is coming to an end. Core al Qaeda is a shell of its former self. Groups like AQAP must be dealt with, but in the years to come, not every collection of thugs that labels themselves al Qaeda will pose a credible threat to the United States. Unless we discipline our thinking, our definitions, our actions, we may be drawn into more wars we don’t need to fight, or continue to grant Presidents unbound powers more suited for traditional armed conflicts between nation states.

So I look forward to engaging Congress and the American people in efforts to refine, and ultimately repeal, the AUMF’s mandate. And I will not sign laws designed to expand this mandate further. Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue. But this war, like all wars, must end. That’s what history advises. That’s what our democracy demands.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/u...-policy.html?pagewanted=8&_r=2&smid=fb-share&

About fucking time!

:clap2:

Fuckin' A! I may have a lot of complaints about his domestic work but he's been a god-send for the war on terror and our international standing after the Bush Administration gang-raped the very notion and reputation of America.
No the Bush Administration didn't. They defended America and Muslims in particular from evil governance, and they freed muslims from maniacal strongmen who held not-so-secret rape rooms and adjacent torture chambers. And they brought freedom from worry on voting day back to the muslims of Afghanistan and Iraq.

iraq_vote_540-7755341.jpg

A so-so attempt at deflecting from all of the scandals facing his administration.
It's all one great big shell game to hide the almost unbelievable breaches of the Constitution made by his hit people who transfer from department to department to hit on conservatives.

You mean like the de-escalation of the wars, completely changing around how the wars were being run, working towards peace in the Middle East and working to get American boots out of a third world hell hole?

I see, ending the Iraq war on Bush's timeline after failing to get permission from Iraq to keep US forces in the country, using a surge in Afghanistan, expanding the drone program is deescalation. Silly me, I thought that was being a neocon hawk, I guess that only happens if the guy doing it is a white Republican.

You mean ending the war on the timeline and the plan Obama created? I like this fucking paranoid conservative notion that somehow Bush is responsible now. :laugh:

Expanding the drone program so American kids don't get killed for no reason and then de-escalating that program and putting in strong rules with complete oversight from congress you mean?

You know, if you would just read the fucking article you wouldn't look so stupid.

What other lies do you have?

Iraq and U.S. agree that all U.S. forces will withdraw "no later than December 31, 2011." On November 17, 2008, US and Iraqi officials signed a Security Agreement, often referred to as a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA), stating that "All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than December 31, 2011." The agreement also called for all U.S. combat forces to withdraw from Iraqi cities "no later than June 30, 2009." [U.S.-Iraq Status of Forces Agreement, 11/17/08]

Bush praised agreement as "another sign of progress." Calling the SOFA "another sign of progress," President Bush said in a November 27, 2008, statement, "The Strategic Framework Agreement sets the foundation for a long-term bilateral relationship between our two countries, and the Security Agreement addresses our presence, activities, and withdrawal from Iraq." [whitehouse.gov, 11/27/08]

Bush signed SOFA, which "lays out a framework for the withdrawal of American forces in Iraq." In a press conference at the signing of the SOFA, President Bush commented: "We're also signing a Security Agreement, sometimes called a Status of Forces Agreement. The agreement provides American troops and Defense Department officials with authorizations and protections to continue supporting Iraq's democracy once the U.N. mandate expires at the end of this year. This agreement respects the sovereignty and the authority of Iraq's democracy. The agreement lays out a framework for the withdrawal of American forces in Iraq -- a withdrawal that is possible because of the success of the surge." Bush later commented: "There are certain benchmarks that will be met -- such as troops out of the cities by June of '09. And then there's a benchmark at the end of the agreement. As to the pace of meeting those agreements, that will depend of course upon the Iraqi government, the recommendations of the Iraqi military, and the close coordination between General Odierno and our military." [whitehouse.gov, 12/14/08]

Actual end date.... On 21 October 2011, President Obama announced that all U.S. troops and trainers would leave Iraq by the end of the year, bringing the U.S. mission in Iraq to an end.[86] On 15 December 2011, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta officially declared the Iraq War over, at a flag lowering ceremony in Baghdad.[87] The last U.S. troops left Iraqi territory on 18 December 2011 at 4:27 UTC.[88]

Now, all these issues remind us that the choices we make about war can impact — in sometimes unintended ways — the openness and freedom on which our way of life depends. And that is why I intend to engage Congress about the existing Authorization to Use Military Force, or AUMF, to determine how we can continue to fight terrorism without keeping America on a perpetual wartime footing.

The AUMF is now nearly 12 years old. The Afghan war is coming to an end. Core al Qaeda is a shell of its former self. Groups like AQAP must be dealt with, but in the years to come, not every collection of thugs that labels themselves al Qaeda will pose a credible threat to the United States. Unless we discipline our thinking, our definitions, our actions, we may be drawn into more wars we don’t need to fight, or continue to grant Presidents unbound powers more suited for traditional armed conflicts between nation states.

So I look forward to engaging Congress and the American people in efforts to refine, and ultimately repeal, the AUMF’s mandate. And I will not sign laws designed to expand this mandate further. Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue. But this war, like all wars, must end. That’s what history advises. That’s what our democracy demands.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/u...-policy.html?pagewanted=8&_r=2&smid=fb-share&

About fucking time!

Crap--which Speech? Someone once suggested that we tape every speech that Obama has given in his life--and use those as enhanced interrogation procedures (torture) for terrorists.

n9U5p.HiLa.138.jpg

Last edited:
Nevermind that it comes on the heels of headlines scattered everywhere about how we've manged to kill 4 Americans (one a 16y/o kid) with his current plan of attack.

:eusa_shhh:

Read the speech..

Really read it.

It is a well written speech that only makes sense if you don't think that Obama is continuing the Bush policies.

(W)e unequivocally banned torture, affirmed our commitment to civilian courts, worked to align our policies with the rule of law, and expanded our consultations with Congress.

This was Bush, but Obama is taking credit for it, and you are so deluded you can't see it.

(W)e must define our effort not as a boundless ‘global war on terror’ — but rather as a series of persistent, targeted efforts to dismantle specific networks of violent extremists that threaten America.

I bet no one can explain this in a way that does not make it look just like the Global War on Terror that Bush started.

We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us.

This is bullshit, but feel free to pretend it actually means something. Unless Obama has a crystal ball that lets him see things before they happen, we will always be reacting to what the terrorists do.

On the other hand, I suppose you could read this speech and see it as the US declaring that we have lost, and that we will simply pretend we won in order to throw a booby prize to the idiots.

Read the speech..

Really read it.

Read it, heard it, watched it......even started a thread entitled "What a Crock of Shit" about it.

It's just more of Obama scrambling to play CYA.

The man IS a great speaker, I've always given him that.
But he is just that.
A literary gymnast.

He's never given a speech like this.

It's actually pretty radical.

It's a President talking about giving up power.

That's amazing.

Giving up power? Did you actually say that? Tell me something, how does Obama rewriting the rules so that people that come after him involve him giving up power?

He's losing his base of support...he had to rally the troops.

Obama's speech, Reader's Digest concise version "Don't abandon me now...I swear, I'm really just about to do something!"

You mean like the de-escalation of the wars, completely changing around how the wars were being run, working towards peace in the Middle East and working to get American boots out of a third world hell hole?

I see, ending the Iraq war on Bush's timeline after failing to get permission from Iraq to keep US forces in the country, using a surge in Afghanistan, expanding the drone program is deescalation. Silly me, I thought that was being a neocon hawk, I guess that only happens if the guy doing it is a white Republican.

You mean ending the war on the timeline and the plan Obama created? I like this fucking paranoid conservative notion that somehow Bush is responsible now. :laugh:

Expanding the drone program so American kids don't get killed for no reason and then de-escalating that program and putting in strong rules with complete oversight from congress you mean?

You know, if you would just read the fucking article you wouldn't look so stupid.

What other lies do you have?

Did you actually make this post with a straight face?

...that Obama appeared to be making eye contact with two people in the audience? One on the right...one on the left. He never looked directly into the camera. (He was too busy going back and forth between the teleprompters.!)

Bottom line, his admistration, him, killed a 16 year old innocent American. They now say his targeting was an accident. Before they were saying it was because his father was a bad parent.

Bottom line the drone program has made those in the ME hate America and hate Obama worse then they ever hated Bush. His BS speech is just that BS. When I heard he was speaking about terrorism I wondered what he had to say about the Tea Party, we certainly know he has no problem with the misunderstood Muslims.

Obama, the US and the Muslim world: the animosity deepens

A 2011 Arab American Institute poll found that "US favorable ratings across the Arab world have plummeted. In most countries they are lower than at the end of the Bush Administration, and lower than Iran's favorable ratings." The same year, a poll of public opinion in Egypt - arguably the most strategically important nation in the region and the site of Obama's 2009 Cairo speech - found pervasively unfavorable views of the US at or even below the levels of the Bush years. A 2012 Pew poll of six predominantly Muslim nations found not only similar or worse perceptions of the US as compared to the Bush years, but also documented that China is vastly more popular in that part of the world than the US. In that region, the US and Israel are still considered, by far, to be the two greatest threats to peace.

Last edited:

About fucking time!

Agreed.

It’s good to hear.

Unfortunately, however, as with Guantanamo, this will ultimately be up to Congress, many of whose members fear being labeled ‘soft on terror.’

The AUMF was passed by a republican Congress predicated on fear of the angry, frightened voter post 9/11, not facts, reason, or the Constitution.

There is little reason to assume this has changed in this regard.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's an incoherent mess, it just means you're stupid.

Just because you believe it does not make it true.

Like his comment that drones actually cause less hatred, does he actually have evidence for this, or are we simply supposed to believe him? Can anyone explain why we have to change the rules on drones? Does that mean he was wrong before?

Gee... who am I going to listen to? The President of the United States who's the most closely scrutinized man in the world and who has a track record of positive change? Or some paranoid two digit IQ piece of shit on the internet who usually gets his ass handed to him in the these conversations?
Where do you get positive change, and why do you put yourself down like that?

Just because you believe it does not make it true.

Like his comment that drones actually cause less hatred, does he actually have evidence for this, or are we simply supposed to believe him? Can anyone explain why we have to change the rules on drones? Does that mean he was wrong before?

Gee... who am I going to listen to? The President of the United States who's the most closely scrutinized man in the world and who has a track record of positive change? Or some paranoid two digit IQ piece of shit on the internet who usually gets his ass handed to him in the these conversations?

Obama opens his mouth and the faithful faint with praise. Positive change, where? What? I see none of it.

Obama opens his mouth and the faithful faint with praise. Positive change, where? What? I see none of it.
Well, I'm positive we have all been screwed the past 4 years.....and I'm positive that we're all going to go from tight ends to wide receivers just as soon as the death panels from Obamacare get organized.

Positive change? As if all of a suddent every jihadist in the ME is gonna love America??

Shit. Don't hold your breath. They will continue the terrorists attacks anywhere they can make em.

As for Gitmo?? Leave it open. Its the best place for those dirtbags unless jackass is gonna let em all go so they can continue the're terrorist ways.

Great speech?? Bullshit flying big time. Just a deflection from IRS. AP and Benghazi. Speaking of which, his State Department didn't do a very good job of protecting that place now did it??

Forum List

Back