The Price of 'Freedom'...Gun Deaths

There is no reason to think of this as an 'all or nothing' situation.

When we have numbskulls saying that the Second Amendment is about hunting, it absolutely is "all or nothing"situation. If people thought about the gun issue rationally instead of emotionally things might not be so cut and dry.

Like most liberals, I support the second amendment. I believe every law abiding citizen has the right to protect themselves, their family and their property. But even the right wing Supreme Court in 2008 upholds that "the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose" and "finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

What the President has proposed is perfectly 'rational'... but to fear infested irrational people like you, there is no ability to think or act like a rational adult.

It was Christmas night when Sincere Smith, 2, found his father’s loaded gun on the living room table of their Conway, S.C., mobile home. It took just a second for Smith’s tiny hands to find the trigger and pull. A single bullet ripped into his upper right chest and out his back.

It was probably suicide for being named Sincere.

There is a cost to doing gun business. And that cost is paid with the blood of little kids and other innocent victums who live in a house with a gun owner who is an idiot. Or crazy. Or both.

But not to fear. The cost is not great enough to bring about real change.

It's just that 30,000+ people need to die every year so we can own whatever gun we want.

30,000 out of 315 million, less than 1/1000th of the population. I like those odds. Most people die of other things.

For the rest of us; nothing changed.

Correct, you will be a coward no matter what.

I wish the gun nutters were honest enough to just come out and say that they don't really care how many innocent people get killed. Just the cost of doing gun business. And feeling so "safe".

I wish the gun grabbers would admit the same.

But even the right wing Supreme Court in 2008 upholds that "the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose" and "finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

AR-15 are in common use = Protected.

Like most liberals, I support the second amendment.

You're not a liberal, you're a Marxist.

What the President has proposed is perfectly 'rational'...

There is little rational or sensible about what he has proposed. Just an emotional teddy bear for bed wetters like you to hold to when you go to sleep. It has no real effect.

but to fear infested irrational people like you, there is no ability to think or act like a rational adult.

You really ought to invest in your own advice.

Since Planned Parenthood admits to performing over 300,000 abortions just last year....

I don't even want to see a Liberal who supports abortion demand that I give up any of my guns in order to save a child's life.

Liberals who support Abortion don't give a flying fart about children. Only the control over our lives that they can get by using their deaths.

There is a Sandy Hook every month in Detroit and many other liberal controlled inner cities. Democrats simply dont care when blacks shoot other blacks and the media doesnt report it unless it was a Zimmerman who they thought was a white Jew. The diversion being played is to avoid a focus on the causes of all violence not just gun violence. The causes are very clear, liberal social and economic policies create violent people. Thats why most of the violence is in the regions they control. Thats also where the most restrictive gun laws are and it has no effect. The real solutions will be fought by liberals: reform mental health laws so we can impose treatment on the potentially violent mentally ill, start stop and frisk police policies, ban the gun free zone, impose longer prison terms for violent crime, advocate for the two parent family, allow law abiding people to own and carry guns. The UK and Australia banned guns and their violent crime is double what it is in America. Wash DC banned guns and their violent crime rate went up as did home invasions. Violent crime is down 48% in America and gun sales have increased by the millions. This trend alone refutes the more guns cause more violence argument. Violent people are created when the village raises children and they have no father. The state becomes the father. The liberal welfare state that fosters dependency, takes the role of the male away from him, and robs all dignity and self respect form people is the main cause of violence. Its not the gun its the halfwit democrat who cant see the destruction their beliefs are causing.

Like most liberals, I support the second amendment.
This is a lie. You seed the 2nd as something in your way, something that needs to be removed, and sometng that needs to be worked around.
I believe every law abiding citizen has the right to protect themselves, their family and their property.
Really?
You support people using deadly force to protect their TV set?
Really?
But even the right wing Supreme Court in 2008 upholds that "the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose" and "finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."
Because you do not understand this statement, you happily believe that it supports the constitutionality of a ban on 'assault weapons'. Ignorance -IS- bliss.
What the President has proposed is perfectly 'rational'...
Except for the fact that none of it wouyld have stopped the Newtown shooting and none if it will stop another -- indeed, all you seek here is to enact your pre-existing anti-gun agenda, and youre VERY happy to have the opportunity to use the blood of dead children to do it.

There is a cost to doing gun business. And that cost is paid with the blood of little kids and other innocent victums who live in a house with a gun owner who is an idiot. Or crazy. Or both.

It's just that 30,000+ people need to die every year so we can own whatever gun we want.

30,000 out of 315 million, less than 1/1000th of the population. I like those odds. Most people die of other things.

Correct, you will be a coward no matter what.

I wish the gun nutters were honest enough to just come out and say that they don't really care how many innocent people get killed. Just the cost of doing gun business. And feeling so "safe".

I wish the gun grabbers would admit the same.

Damn I hate it when some stupid cowardly mutta fukka like "Taze Me" gets on a roll and you can't make any sense out of what they are writing.

What is it you want to say there tazer? And coward? Wtf are you talking about? Gun grabbers where? Admitting what?

OK. I admit that you are to fuking stupid to own a gun. But you got one anyway. What does that prove?

Tazer, you got any kids? Leave loaded guns around for them to play with? Cool. Great idea. I mean, if your kid kills him/her self, well the end was gonna happen sooner or later. Right? That make it all good. It was with a "gun from daddy".

AR-15 are in common use = Protected.
The AR15 is:
- Suitble and effective for use use in militia service
- Part of the ordinary mlitary equipment in common use at the time
- In common use for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense in the home.
Conclusion:
The 2nd protects the ownership and use of the AR15 from infringement.

And we do not tally those who are shot but do not die.
Some are diabled from the shootings.
And being shot is no fun and costs money to get fixed.

I wonder what the total finiancial drain is on America from gun shootings?

And we do not tally those who are shot but do not die.[
Rather than just wonder about it and think that doing so creates some sort of argumnet against guns, why don't you find out and then tell us.
Run along, let us know when you have something.

And we do not tally those who are shot but do not die.

I wonder what the total financial drain is on America from car accidents? fist fights, Knife fights, baseball bat beatings?

good grief

Rather than just wonder about it and think that doing so creates some sort of argumnet against guns, why don't you find out and then tell us.

I did some searches the other day and found nothing on the total number of woundings, number disabled from shootings or the cost of shootings.
For some reason those state are not so easy to find...

but the cost has to be noticable. Kathy Giffords medical care alone must be a million or so.

Last edited:

Now I ask you; If your child killed themselves with your gun, was it worth it to feel so secure with a loaded gun out where a kid could get it. Would that killing "change" you? Sure it would. For the rest of your life.

You might take that argument to Susanna Hupp. She is a survivor of the Luby's massacre. She could have taken the gunman out right away, except the law at the time prevented her from taking her gun into Luby's restaurant.

The purpose of gun control is to make sure that more innocent people are killed by criminals. We have a sickness in our culture today. A widespread mental illness that is certainly connected to the drug sub culture.

The difference between what happened at Sandy Hook that killed 26 and the shooting in Atlanta that wounded one, is the presence of one man with a gun. When gun control advocates ask how many innocent people must die, it's really how many innocent people must die before those gun control advocates figure out that they can't really create utopia.

I did some searches the other day and found nothing on the total number of woundings, number disabled from shootings or the cost of shootings.
For some reason those state are not so easy to find...
but the cost has to be noticable. Kathy Giffords medical care alone must be a million or so.
Whatever.
An argument that relies on unsuppoortable speculation is inherently unsound.

Yeah and sandy hook happened becuase of one man with a gun.i
One man who killed his mother to steal guns that were bought legally in a state with among the toughest gun control laws in the country.

Clearly, the only way to stop this sort of thing is more laws to restrict the rights of the law abiding.

Forum List

Back