🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track

Find any 45 year period that didn't have a major meltdown in that span.

Anyone retiring in the period before or soon after those meltdowns is screwed.

And the average return of the market in any 45 year period is positive not negative.
Oh but" the market always comes back"...that's not very comforting if you're DEAD and spent your last years in poverty

It matters greatly to people who have retired anywhere near those market crashes...and even more if there is no social security SAFETY NET to fall back on

Look...it's not as this hasn't been tried.

Chile did this in the 80s/90s (at the behest of American "conservatives") and it was an unmitigated disaster.
No it doesn't because even with the downturns the NET return is positive.

and I'll say it again you don't cash out when you retire. Most of your money stays invested and you draw a monthly amount so when the market does recover the bulk of your money is still invested and will keep giving you a return.

And the US isn't Chile

Oh but" the market always comes back"...that's not very comforting if you're DEAD and spent your last years in poverty
You won't.

For one as you get closer to retirement you adjust your strategy to preservation and keeping up with inflation rather than accumulation and that in itself will ameliorate the worst market fluctuations

And the average return of the market in any 45 year period is positive not negative.

The lifetime average return of the market is over 9%

You continue to ignore the question of what it would be without the constant government interjections into the markets. So there is no point in discussing this.

Yes. Opt out. This way Trumptards can invest all their retirement income in Trump University and gold-plated commemorative coins!

The next Capitol riot will be when they age out and demand to be rescued from their stupidity.
Galveston County, TX, among others, proves you wrong.

You continue to ignore the question of what it would be without the constant government interjections into the markets. So there is no point in discussing this.
How much has the government injected into the market this year?

You tell me since you're the one claiming that every bear market results in government bail outs

You have done nothing to argue otherwise. You made some vague comment about some group getting money also. I'm suppose to comment on that?

Good, we need to phase out Social Security.
It is none of the govt's business to confiscate our money to supposedly take care of us when we retire.

Freedom comes with responsibility & saving for the future is just common sense that the feds have tried to replace with a Big Brother type system that is going to be completely broke before most of us retire.

Get rid of it

It works great when it works.

You invest in it, the government makes interest off it and they pay it back when you get old. When it works it is like saving for the future. Plus the added security of it coming from the federal government means you aren't dependent on a bank or some company, it's the government so it's a locked in and guaranteed life line of money that can't be interrupted or taken away.

My grandmother is 93 and her social security takes care of her between it and her pension. She is well off and she deserves it because she worked hard all her life, paid her taxes, contributed to society and so on. It's supposed to be a perk of being an American. Spend your life contributing and you get rewarded when you're old and get to be comfortable.

It's messed up because people in charge of everything don't want to take care of people who served them anymore, they don't want to treat people well, don't want to show gratitude for service. The government doesn't want to do that anymore, even companies don't take care of their people like they used because now all they do is cut out pensions, vacation days, lower 401k matches, do away with company parties, increase work hours and so on.

Social security isn't a problem, it's the people running it now that are the problem.

In the 2000's, Dubya tried to pass a law having Social Security invest the contributions in the equity markets.

Considering how much the markets have gone up since President Bush made the proposal, its apparent that the libs who opposed this are responsible for the low rate of SS benefits today.

Will Sleepy Joe, B. Hussein O, et al accept responsibility and quit trying to punish Americans over their snafu?

Why didn't tRump move to fix it then. I mean HIS 1st 2 years in office the Rethugikkkons controlled everything and they damn sure made sure the the uber wealthy and corporations got their tax cuts. So why didn't they move to do ANYTHING to fix it?
MAGA

You have done nothing to argue otherwise. You made some vague comment about some group getting money also. I'm suppose to comment on that?
So then you should be able to tell me exactly how much money the government has provided as bail outs in this most recent bear market.

And I did say that not every bear market results in government bail outs but you just chose to ignore that

It's why the markets crashed. It's why billionaires are not quite the billionaires they once were. Money is not so "free" today.
The market didn't "crash"

It was a bear market that is just a natural part of the cycle.

All my money is invested in the market and I am weathering this latest bear market quite well

So then you should be able to tell me exactly how much money the government has provided as bail outs in this most recent bear market.

And I did say that not every bear market results in government bail outs but you just chose to ignore that

You haven't told me who this vague group is yet. Why not?

Why didn't tRump move to fix it then. I mean HIS 1st 2 years in office the Rethugikkkons controlled everything and they damn sure made sure the the uber wealthy and corporations got their tax cuts. So why didn't they move to do ANYTHING to fix it?
MAGA

President Trump's first two years were plagued by never-trumpers like Juan McCain who sabotaged him, if you'll remember.

Remember Trumpcare? President Trump's patented plan to provide High Quality health care at savings you'd have to see to believe?

And how McCain stabbed him in the back?

You haven't told me who this vague group is yet. Why not?
You said that "Wall Street" gets bailed out by the government all the time didn't you?

Why don't you tell me who you mean? and then tell me exactly how much money the government paid in bail outs in this most recent bear market

President Trump's first two years were plagued by never-trumpers like Juan McCain who sabotaged him, if you'll remember.

Remember Trumpcare? President Trump's patented plan to provide High Quality health care at savings you'd have to see to believe?

And how McCain stabbed him in the back?

There was no plan there so there was no stabbing in the back. Could you post this plan for us to read?

Forum List

Back