The real GOAT

In my lifetime, I have only seen a few Lions teams make the playoffs let alone compete for a championship

Year after year, they get top draft choices yet are unable to build a contender
I love it when I hear Jets fans or Cleveland fans complain. LOL.

This week

Stealers beat Bengals
49rs beat bears
Lions beat Eagles
Patriots beat Dolphins
Browns Beat Panthers
Dallas beats Tampa Bay
Colts beat Texans
Saints beat Falcons
Ravens beat the Jets
Commanders beat the Jaguars
Packers beat Vikings
Titans beat Giants
Raiders beat Chargers
Chiefs beat Cardinals
Broncos beat the Seahawks

They still have to play a long time , if injured come back and still play at that high level.....and win. Remains to be seen.
We will probably have to wait a long time (most of us won’t be alive) when a QB replicates, or surpasses Tom Brady’s career. But in terms of skill set we’ve already seen better QBs. When I talk about skill sets I mean arm strength, elusiveness, ability to scramble and rush for yards. We even have guys like Mahomes and Allen throwing no look passes out there. As far as QB skills I would put Brady behind Aaron Rogers, and three or four of the new QB’s stars like Herbert, Allen, Mahomes, Watson.

I love it when I hear Jets fans or Cleveland fans complain. LOL.

This week

Stealers beat Bengals
49rs beat bears
Lions beat Eagles
Patriots beat Dolphins
Browns Beat Panthers
Dallas beats Tampa Bay
Colts beat Texans
Saints beat Falcons
Ravens beat the Jets
Commanders beat the Jaguars
Packers beat Vikings
Titans beat Giants
Raiders beat Chargers
Chiefs beat Cardinals
Broncos beat the Seahawks
Jets won a SB....50 years ago and have sniffed a SB a couple of times
Cardinals made a SB and missed winning by an inch
Browns dominated in the 50s and 60s. They won a SB a couple years after they moved to Baltimore

Lions flat out suck

We will probably have to wait a long time (most of us won’t be alive) when a QB replicates, or surpasses Tom Brady’s career. But in terms of skill set we’ve already seen better QBs. When I talk about skill sets I mean arm strength, elusiveness, ability to scramble and rush for yards. We even guys like Mahomes and Allen throwing no look passes out there. As far as QB skills I would put Brady behind Aaron Rogers, and three or four of the new QB’s stars like Herbert, Allen, Mahomes, Watson.
Sure, agreed. Dan Marino could zip a pass as well as anyone I ever saw live but couldn't move like these guys today.

Sure, agreed. Dan Marino could zip a pass as well as anyone I ever saw live but couldn't move like these guys today.
Brady can’t move but does enough to stay out of trouble

Today’s QBs are spectacular but I doubt they can last the 23 years of Brady and play at a high level at 45

We will probably have to wait a long time (most of us won’t be alive) when a QB replicates, or surpasses Tom Brady’s career. But in terms of skill set we’ve already seen better QBs. When I talk about skill sets I mean arm strength, elusiveness, ability to scramble and rush for yards. We even have guys like Mahomes and Allen throwing no look passes out there. As far as QB skills I would put Brady behind Aaron Rogers, and three or four of the new QB’s stars like Herbert, Allen, Mahomes, Watson.
I was just going to say, one day we will have a QB in the league who can run throw punt and catch the ball. He will be the GOAT. Even if Brady has more Superbowls.

But this person will need to win at least 5 Superbowls to be in the discussion. Terry Bradshaw has 4.

Today’s QBs are spectacular but I doubt they can last the 23 years of Brady and play at a high level at 45
That’s where I disagree. I think careers are getting longer for professional athletes, because athletes are much smarter when it comes to training and nutrition. I could easily envision a guy like Pat Mahomes playing into his forties

That's a rare thing. Once in a generation. We're seeing it now. Brady. Maybe the next Tom Brady hasn't even been born yet. It's certainly not any of the QB's in the league today. Not any of the starters. Mahomes is good but in the end you'll put him under Aaron Rogers or at his level.

Winning matters. Aaron Rogers is a better QB than Tom Brady on every stat until it comes down to winning. Then who gets the most TD's, 1st downs, yards?

I can name 10 quarterbacks better than Brady!
Pick any one of them. In 10 years how many championships will they have? 1. 2 if they are lucky. Do any of them have 2? Then you can't compare them to someone who's been as clutch as Tom has. Cool and calm in the final 2 minutes. Who's going to score more than Tom in your opinion?

How come they don't have more championships? They are the leader of their team right?

That's a rare thing. Once in a generation. We're seeing it now. Brady. Maybe the next Tom Brady hasn't even been born yet. It's certainly not any of the QB's in the league today. Not any of the starters. Mahomes is good but in the end you'll put him under Aaron Rogers or at his level.

Winning matters. Aaron Rogers is a better QB than Tom Brady on every stat until it comes down to winning. Then who gets the most TD's, 1st downs, yards?
Rogers is a more skilled QB than Brady
But he will finish with one SB compared to Brady’s seven and will not approach Brady’s career numbers

Pick any one of them. In 10 years how many championships will they have? 1. 2 if they are lucky. Do any of them have 2? Then you can't compare them to someone who's been as clutch as Tom has. Cool and calm in the final 2 minutes. Who's going to score more than Tom in your opinion?

How come they don't have more championships? They are the leader of their team right?
Championships are a team accomplishment.

Rogers is a more skilled QB than Brady
But he will finish with one SB compared to Brady’s seven and will not approach Brady’s career numbers

Mmm, he might pull it off this year. Obviously a long, long season and a lot can go wrong, but I think Rodgers may have one last breath in him.

Mmm, he might pull it off this year. Obviously a long, long season and a lot can go wrong, but I think Rodgers may have one last breath in him.
It could happen, but we have been saying the same thing for the last ten years

Meanwhile, Brady keeps winning

It could happen, but we have been saying the same thing for the last ten years

Meanwhile, Brady keeps winning

I can't tell you how many times the last 7 or 8 years I thought, "Okay, this dude's gonna get blindsided a la Leonard Marshall on Joe Montana and that'll be that." Brady is 40 fucking 5 and he's a slow white boy. He shouldn't be this good. But he is.

I can't tell you how many times the last 7 or 8 years I thought, "Okay, this dude's gonna get blindsided a la Leonard Marshall on Joe Montana and that'll be that." Brady is 40 fucking 5 and he's a slow white boy. He shouldn't be this good. But he is.

I remember George Blanda playing at that age. But he was barely serviceable at that age while Brady is in MVP contention.
I have seen other QBs play in their 40’s but they are usually backups
Brady is in another world

Forum List

Back