🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The real reason sanctuary cities are so motivated to harbor illegal Mexicans?

Many have tried relentlessly to use the word "immigrants" in an attempt to keep things ambiguous with hopes to package Mexican illegals in with other productive "immigrants" but let's be candid...we all know the assault on immigration is aimed right at a Mexican illegals.
I've yet to hear a logical explanation from these cities as to how or why they believe it is truly in the best interest of this country to harbor Mexican illegals.
Is the reason really political in nature?
Is it really to harvest party support?

It's entirely practical, and has little to do with politics.

Sanctuary cities don't want illegal immigrants to be afraid of calling the cops, or talking to them.
Red Herring. By that logic, there should be sanctuary cities for drugs so drug users aren't afraid to call the cops, and why not sanctuary cities for bank robbers, so they aren't afraid to call the cops. In truth, cops have discretion in making arrests, and don't arrest someone using drugs if they call to report a murder.

Good point

Of course it's logical - and it can certainly be quantified.

What "negatives" are you referring to? Sanctuary cities don't create illegal immigrants - they're already there.

Ask a police officer in San Francisco what they think of sanctuary policies. I think you'll be surprised.
I don't believe the claim can be proven and it certainly can't be quantified. I don't believe illegals call the cops now.
"What negatives?"
There are so many, that can't be a serious question?
They have many children that inherently ride the backs of American taxpayers...education, health care, then welfare and the cycle continues...Many will be incarcerated....I could go on and on.
I have friends in law enforcement here in Orange County and they are furious and embarrassed by this sanctuary city bullshit.

:lol:

No, I think you're the one missing the point.

Illegal immigrants are much less likely to commit violent or property crimes than American citizens - and they're also more likely to witness those crimes.

If a loved one of yours was murdered, and an illegal immigrant witnessed it - would you rather he report what he saw to the police without fear, or stay quiet as to not be deported?
Let's assume you're right. Have we reached the point where we should be so sackless to allow criminals the ability to leverage our laws?

Your ideological need for an enemy does not trump the reality on the ground.

You're a criminal. So am I. Statistically, everyone in this country violates 3-4 laws per day.

Why is this particular law so much more important to you than, say, jaywalking?

Come on, let's not fall in to a desperate spin and dumb ourselves down. Jaywalking like speeding doesn't lead to six children being carried on the backs of taxpayers.

I love it when you guys let the racism out.

Illegally crossing an imaginary line is no more an antecedent of "children being a taxpayer burden" than being born in Kentucky with the name "Candy" is.

Wow...you played that card rather quickly. You're stumped aren't you? You're starting to reach and lose your ability to reason....You're defaulting to emotion and nobility now. Exchanging logical views can only last so long with Lefties...It was fun while it lasted...haha

I can assure you, I'm not making any sort of "emotional" argument.

That would be the poster who thinks a photo of Katie Steinle is a "point".

Because they shouldn't be here in the first place.. What happened to Obama's stellar performance in sending illegals home?

I thought you bragged about it?

I think you might have been hallucinating.

I couldn't give two shits about "illegal immigrants".
Then why you playing?

Because this is what I do for fun.
Again you think this a game?

People died

People die every day.

Why is it that you happen to feel so strongly about this particular person?
Uhm for the thousand times she would be alive today?

That is the claim but is it logical?
Does that notion which can't be quantified outweigh all the negatives related to illegals?

Of course it's logical - and it can certainly be quantified.

What "negatives" are you referring to? Sanctuary cities don't create illegal immigrants - they're already there.

Ask a police officer in San Francisco what they think of sanctuary policies. I think you'll be surprised.
I don't believe the claim can be proven and it certainly can't be quantified. I don't believe illegals call the cops now.
"What negatives?"
They have many children that inherently ride the backs of American taxpayers...education, health care, then welfare and the cycle continues...Many will be incarcerated....I could go on and on.
I have friends in law enforcement here in Orange County and they are furious and embarrassed by this sanctuary city bullshit.

But you miss the point they are criminals themselves

No, I think you're the one missing the point.

Illegal immigrants are much less likely to commit violent or property crimes than American citizens - and they're also more likely to witness those crimes.

If a loved one of yours was murdered, and an illegal immigrant witnessed it - would you rather he report what he saw to the police without fear, or stay quiet as to not be deported?
Let's assume you're right. Have we reached the point where we should be so sackless to allow criminals the ability to leverage our laws?

You're a criminal. So am I. Statistically, everyone in this country violates 3-4 laws per day.

Come on, let's not fall in to a desperate spin and dumb ourselves down. Jaywalking like speeding doesn't lead to six children being carried on the backs of taxpayers.

Illegally crossing an imaginary line is no more an antecedent of "children being a taxpayer burden" than being born in Kentucky with the name "Candy" is.
Oh, but it is. The vast majority of illegal BORDER crossers have less (much less) than a high school education and their fertility rates actually go up (unsurprisingly) when they come here. The smart Chinese guy who pays $30,000 for a fraudulent visa outside the consulate in Guangzhou is less likely to produce welfare dependent offspring.

"What negatives?"

Wow...you played that card rather quickly. You're stumped aren't you? You're starting to reach and lose your ability to reason....You're defaulting to emotion and nobility now. Exchanging logical views can only last so long with Lefties...It was fun while it lasted...haha

So you want to play a game with death? Is that what you're telling us?

So you want to play a game with death? Is that what you're telling us?

I have no idea whay you're trying to say here.

Is this supposed to be some impressive intimidating tough-guy thing?

I think you might have been hallucinating.

I couldn't give two shits about "illegal immigrants".
Then why you playing?

People died

People die every day.

And every single day, there are 10-15 Americans who would still be alive, if they hadn't owned a gun.

Everyone who's ever died "could still be alive", had reality been different. But that's not the way it works.

Which is a more effective way to deal with "pestilence" - treat the sick within the system, or exile them to die in the wilderness?

Send them to die in the wilderness. Or at least, send them home. There would be less death that way. Your phony typical left-wing brainless solution--providing all the goodies America has to offer--serves as a magnet to draw in those still in Mexico, or wherever. And it's a dangerous journey. Your solution is the moral equivalent of leaving a wallet on the front seat of an unlocked car in a bad neighborhood, then booby-trapping the door handle.

And here is the one statistic that should inform all immigration questions:

mexico_wealth_world.gif

Then why you playing?

People died

People die every day.

And every single day, there are 10-15 Americans who would still be alive, if they hadn't owned a gun.

Everyone who's ever died "could still be alive", had reality been different. But that's not the way it works.

What time is it? Are you drunk?

Because your just babbling Now

People died

People die every day.

cheers-124.jpg

People died

People die every day.

Where is Kat you suck

People died

People die every day.

11:37 PM. On the way, but not there yet.

I'm happy to explain my point, which seems to have gone over your head.

Think about the statement "________ wouldn't be dead if ____________"

That can be applied to every single death that has every occurred. If something different had happened, that person wouldn't be dead.

It's not an argument for or against anything, it's an appeal to emotion. It's not an argument, it's a feeling.

So by that feeling, the 10 to 15 people who kill themselves with a gun every day wouldn't be dead if they hadn't owned a gun.

Now do you understand?

People died

People die every day.

Where is Kat you suck

What are you talking about, exactly?

You appear to be having some sort of meltdown.

People died

People die every day.

That can be applied to every single death that has every occurred. If something different had happened, that person wouldn't be dead.

It's not an argument for or against anything, it's an appeal to emotion. It's not an argument, it's a feeling.

So by that feeling, the 10 to 15 people who kill themselves with a gun every day wouldn't be dead if they hadn't owned a gun.

Now do you understand?
So sorry I lost interest in you and this thread

Carry on

People died

People die every day.

Now do you understand?
Firearms have nothing to do with people with mental problems. Jack weed

People die every day.

Now do you understand?

But they do have quite a lot to do with people acting on their mental problems.

People die every day.

Now do you understand?
So sorry I lost interest in you and this thread

Carry on

I can tell by the way you frantically bumped this thread for the last half an hour, waiting for me to respond.

Now do you understand?

Never has there been a firearm that controlled a person... commonsense says it's the other way around.

Now do you understand?

Never has there been a firearm that controlled a person... commonsense says it's the other way around.

That's a straw man.

No one has ever claimed that a gun "controlled" a person and made them kill themselves.

But guns certainly make killing yourself a lot easier - and therefore, much more common.

Now do you understand?

That's a straw man.

No one has ever claimed that a gun "controlled" a person and made them kill themselves.

But guns certainly make killing yourself a lot easier - and therefore, much more common.
So blame the firearm? You do know more frivolous gun laws will not save a single soul?
Its a non issue...
2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

Forum List

Back