The rebuttal speech few saw

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
I wonder if our resident big government folks on either side of the aisle are willing to listen to an alternative voice?

One of the few guys to talk straight about the issues we face. Sure to piss off Ds and Rs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8POlWwFbn4E#at=47]Rand Paul Gives The Tea Party Response To The President's State of the Union Address - 2/12/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2:

Judging by the left's reaction it seems that more than a few saw the brilliant speech by Marco Rubio. The funny thing is that almost nobody is talking about the president's address.

Did anyone besides Ted Nugent watch the president's address?

I did not watch it.

Who won the Stuporbowl anyway?
I think some team from CA lost?

Good speech. I'd say more persuasive for his cause than either Obama or Rubio. Lots of good points on the economy and foreign policy. There's also not a lot of wiggle room in the principles he seems to be touting so it would be more difficult to veer away from them than it is with Republicans and Democrats. I think he really believes in what he's talking about and that there isn't any political posturing in that response.

Unfortunately the tea party stands for more than just those things he mentioned and I could never support them for the rest of their beliefs. But I'm all for more politicians standing by their principles as much as this guy has.

good article explaining why the speech is given:

snip:
Who gains from Rand Paul?s speech? - Salon.com
The response is organized by Tea Party Express, as it has been for the past three years (Rep. Michele Bachmann gave the first Tea Party response, when she famously failed to make eye contact with the camera). Tea Party Express bills itself as “the nation’s largest tea party political action committee.” This is a little odd, considering it’s not a PAC at all. In fact, as a disclaimer at the bottom of its website and all ads says, Tea Party Express is a brand of a real PAC called Our Country Deserves Better, which is in turn controlled by the Sacramento, Calif.-based GOP P.R. firm Russo Marsh + Rogers.

Like so many people involved in the Tea Party, Russo Marsh + Rogers saw an opportunity to cash in on the Tea Party movement and has done so adroitly, hitting up its members for small donations with incessant email solicitations, often from its numerous associated brands like “the Campaign to Defeat Barack Obama,” which help the effort present a broader image.

good article explaining why the speech is given

Personally I don't care about the Tea Party or why someone else thinks he gave this speech. I really only care about what he said, and in that regard, I like it, a lot.

good article explaining why the speech is given

Personally I don't care about the Tea Party or why someone else thinks he gave this speech. I really only care about what he said, and in that regard, I like it, a lot.

It's nice to hear a politician speak without pandering to this that or the other for a change.

And therein lies the reason that so much is wrong in government today.

Sarcasm meter needs adjustment. The Presidents speech has been widely discussed.

I was referring to the Rand Paul's speech and the attention it did not get being the problem.

I see. It appears we are miscommunicating in a masterful way then.

Rand Paul is inconsequential. He had the right, of course, to issue a response to the SOTU.......but he got the amount of attention that he deserves.

Sarcasm meter needs adjustment. The Presidents speech has been widely discussed.

I was referring to the Rand Paul's speech and the attention it did not get being the problem.

I see. It appears we are miscommunicating in a masterful way then.

Rand Paul is inconsequential. He had the right, of course, to issue a response to the SOTU.......but he got the amount of attention that he deserves.

Rand Paul is inconsequential

I disagree obviously but wonder why exactly you believe he or his message should be ignored? Minds only can be enlightened by those who bring actual light. Not too much of that was happening at the SOTU.

Last edited:
Rand Paul is inconsequential.

I guess we'll see.

He had the right, of course, to issue a response to the SOTU.......but he got the amount of attention that he deserves.

You're still allowed to discuss the ideas he put forth.

I'll go first. I like the Mack Penny Plan. You?

Forum List

Back