The Recent John Sununu Fiasco Is Just More Reason Y 2day's Republicans Get No Respect

OMG..your whine over Colin Powell is hilarious..when during Bush you hated his guts. Now he's become a hero to you lefties just because he endorses Obama OVER his own Party..you people are so transparent

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again!!! It's funny that making an accurate observation is considered "whining" by you. I never hated Colin Powell's guts, I wanted him to run for President since at least the mid-nineties. I had and have the utmost respect for the man. The transparent ones are the hypocrites and bigots who now loathe General Powell.

Nah that's not it at all.

General Powell who I admire for his military service beyond belief. I admire the man for that.

But this situation where he is trying to come out like I'm a true conservative but I love Obama.

Oh kiss my ass.:D

This falls into the political category of "don't tell me you love me while I'm smacking the shit out of you".

This falls into the political category of " honest I won't come in your mouth".

Powell should just change parties and have done.

No problem whatsoever.

But stop lying. Now he's becoming a lying piece of shit. Pity. Change parties and at least have some integrity left.
LOL, Tiny. I hope all is well, have one for me as I am having one for you.

Show me where Colin Powell has ever stated that he was a conservative! :lol:
The republican party has different factions, just because there are "Log Cabin Republicans" doesn't mean that the whole republican party must be gay. :)

Powell would fit perfectly in the Democrat party..a backstabber and fake

I find it sad. Not that he has betrayed the Party twice now. Not at all. People change. I understand this.

I find it sad that he really believes that he can make an impact.

That anyone cares. He's just another black voter voting for a half black President at this point in time. He carries no weight. He is nothing.

Only thing is he's not screaming that Obama gave him a phone n'est pas?

He's just another johnny nada. He is a nothing now. I just wish he'd just switch parties and seal the deal.

The conservatives have done everything in their power to make centrist Republicans unwelcome in the party,

and then one actually takes them up on that unwelcome,

suddenly HE's the bad guy. Suddenly he's the traitor. Suddenly he's the racist.

You people are depressingly ignorant.

right because Romneys such an 'extremist' :rolleyes:.......and gosh, a conservative....:lol: pardon me if I don't value your definition of centrist, imho to you, a centrist rep. is one who's out there with alinsky......

and in the end, out of that 66 seat bloodbath in 2010, the blue dog dems got eaten alive by the pelosi wolf, what 25, 30 of them? gone baby gone.....but hey, nothing to see there right? :eusa_hand:

Powell would fit perfectly in the Democrat party..a backstabber and fake

I find it sad. Not that he has betrayed the Party twice now. Not at all. People change. I understand this.

I find it sad that he really believes that he can make an impact.

That anyone cares. He's just another black voter voting for a half black President at this point in time. He carries no weight. He is nothing.

Only thing is he's not screaming that Obama gave him a phone n'est pas?

He's just another johnny nada. He is a nothing now. I just wish he'd just switch parties and seal the deal.

"He's just another black voter"?

And your true colors are shown.

The conservatives have done everything in their power to make centrist Republicans unwelcome in the party,

right because Romneys such an 'extremist' :rolleyes:.......and gosh, a conservative....:lol: pardon me if I don't value your definition of centrist, imho to you, a centrist rep. is one who's out there with alinsky......

and in the end, out of that 66 seat bloodbath in 2010, the blue dog dems got eaten alive by the pelosi wolf, what 25, 30 of them? gone baby gone.....but hey, nothing to see there right? :eusa_hand:

Romney's not a conservative. He's a lying sack of shit and just what America deserves. Too bad he won't win.

Last edited:
Wrong, wrong, and wrong again!!! It's funny that making an accurate observation is considered "whining" by you. I never hated Colin Powell's guts, I wanted him to run for President since at least the mid-nineties. I had and have the utmost respect for the man. The transparent ones are the hypocrites and bigots who now loathe General Powell.

General Powell who I admire for his military service beyond belief. I admire the man for that.

But this situation where he is trying to come out like I'm a true conservative but I love Obama.

This falls into the political category of "don't tell me you love me while I'm smacking the shit out of you".

No problem whatsoever.

But stop lying. Now he's becoming a lying piece of shit. Pity. Change parties and at least have some integrity left.

The republican party has different factions, just because there are "Log Cabin Republicans" doesn't mean that the whole republican party must be gay. :)

It's the impression he is trying to give. Having done promo all these years come on I know it and I smell it when it's real.

We both know we could probably put Powell right in the center. And don't get me wrong, I appreciate this.

Not everyone can be a wingnut:DAnd be that damn good at it.

What hurts on Powell (and let's just keep it to his brand) is I felt this time round like he was being trotted out.

Do you get where I'm going with this. This round felt like "ok line em up and get them out there".

This is why I keep bringing up change parties. I have not a problem with anyone changing parties.

But this hype was based on "I'm a Republican but I love Obama". This is straight out Axlerod 101.

Now I'm working a lot of boards on Senate races now, so I hope this made sense to you. Typing and screaming "I got blisters on my fingers".

You are one of my "few fave libs" . You are a decent soul.

Romney's not a conservative. He's a lying sack of shit and just what America deserves. Too bad he won't win.

Romney hasn't been endorsed by Castro, Chavez, Carter or Putin. :lol:

I like him.

What are you jabbering like a monkey about?

Romney, once upon a time a moderate Republican, ran for president in 2008 pretending to be to the right of John McCain, but lost because Huckabee was to the right of him and took the conservative vote Romney was trying to get.

In 2012, Romney wasn't about to let that happen again so he pretended to be to the right of anyone and everyone in the race, and it worked.

After getting the nomination, and after realizing that being a rightwing nut wasn't going to get him elected, Romney finally stopped pretending to be rightwing nut and started acting like the moderate he used to be.

The rightwing is not calling him on it because they're stuck with him.

No problem whatsoever.

Colin Powell's rating on ontheissues.org, a comprehensive analysis of his past/present views:

s070_050.gif

Colin Powell on the Issues

Nope, a guy like that couldn't possibly support Obama, over the new rightwing-extremist GOP,

unless it was about race... lololol

Romney, once upon a time a moderate Republican, ran for president in 2008 pretending to be to the right of John McCain, but lost because Huckabee was to the right of him and took the conservative vote Romney was trying to get.

In 2012, Romney wasn't about to let that happen again so he pretended to be to the right of anyone and everyone in the race, and it worked.

After getting the nomination, and after realizing that being a rightwing nut wasn't going to get him elected, Romney finally stopped pretending to be rightwing nut and started acting like the moderate he used to be.

Whoa you don't understand 2008 at all.

You don't understand what has happened at all in 2012.

None of us are "stuck with him". Romney convinced all of us that he could be the President who could turn the country around.

You missed something you see. Something that early on on all the boards I and others were saying let the game play out. We needed Romney to not become an "heir apparent".

I lost some friends over this battle but the most important was that Romney wasn't given the title of challenger.

Romney earned it. Despite many on my side saying everyone else should just get out of the way and give it to him.

No, Romney earned it. Now we back him. And we shall back him forever. He earned our trust from many sectors.

He fought well.

Romney is our champion in the ring. And he deserves all our support.

No problem whatsoever.

Colin Powell's rating on ontheissues.org, a comprehensive analysis of his past/present views:

s070_050.gif

Nope, a guy like that couldn't possibly support Obama, over the new rightwing-extremist GOP,

Dollars to donuts go to Harlem and ask kids who Colin Powell is.

They don't know who he is. Don't you get it? The other day I'm tooling around on the net over "uncle tom" shit.

Did you know they even called Louis B Armstrong an Uncle Tom? Because he sang with white people?

None of us are "stuck with him". Romney convinced all of us that he could be the President who could turn the country around.

You missed something you see. Something that early on on all the boards I and others were saying let the game play out. We needed Romney to not become an "heir apparent".

I lost some friends over this battle but the most important was that Romney wasn't given the title of challenger.

Romney earned it. Despite many on my side saying everyone else should just get out of the way and give it to him.

No, Romney earned it. Now we back him. And we shall back him forever. He earned our trust from many sectors.

He fought well.

Do you trust his promise to cut taxes for the Rich, or his promise not to cut taxes for the Rich?

He fought well.

Bwhahahaaha!!!

"Convinced?!?!"

That's RICH!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Convince my big toe!!! Romney didn't "convince" you or any of the other Republican bastards out there.

When did he "convince" you exactly? Was it before or after the RNC?

During the run-offs essentially every Republican had the same meme...."Anybody but Romney." Certainly on USMB, where I've witnessed many such posts and threads.

So when did Mr. Romney "convince" you exactly?

This ought to be good...:lol:

He fought well.

Do you trust his promise to cut taxes for the Rich, or his promise not to cut taxes for the Rich?

Oh that won't work with me. :eusa_angel:

I'd be tempted to take the phone if someone would just give me cell phone service up here. :D

And I don't want to be a jerk here but there is no way on the planet that Obama deserves a second term.

I'd love for the good dems that I know are here to come out and just say what a failure this administration is.

I will not shoulder all the blame on Obama. I think it goes right across the board.

Everyone put academics in charge when they elected this administration.

Massive FAIL. They don't understand real life. Academics have no clue.

No problem whatsoever.

s070_050.gif

That designation is exactly why I have always admired him! :)

He fought well.

Bwhahahaaha!!!

"Convinced?!?!"

That's RICH!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Convince my big toe!!! Romney didn't "convince" you or any of the other Republican bastards out there.

When did he "convince" you exactly? Was it before or after the RNC?

During the run-offs essentially every Republican had the same meme...."Anybody but Romney." Certainly on USMB, where I've witnessed many such posts and threads.

So when did Mr. Romney "convince" you exactly?

This ought to be good...:lol:

It was the fight we let play out. We had to.

What part of the battle did you miss? I had to beg fellow conservatives to let Romney win on his own. I knew he could. But it wasn't easy.

I begged day in and day out on boards across the spectrum to let Romney fight. It was the only way. I didn't want him. For true initially. But then he proved himself true.

Others wanted everyone else step out of the way and just give it to him. No. No. Romney had to win it.

I lost many friends over this initially when I was working boards begging conservatives to let the battle play out.

I'm not just your average every day poster Marc. My fingers are bleeding. I have been at this for a while to defeat not only Obama but to take the Senate.

My fingers will still bleed. But I am thrilled with this man who honed himself into the most fine candidate I could dream of.

President Romney. I love it.

He fought well.

Oh that won't work with me. :eusa_angel:

I'd be tempted to take the phone if someone would just give me cell phone service up here. :D

And I don't want to be a jerk here but there is no way on the planet that Obama deserves a second term.

I'd love for the good dems that I know are here to come out and just say what a failure this administration is.

I will not shoulder all the blame on Obama. I think it goes right across the board.

Everyone put academics in charge when they elected this administration.

Massive FAIL. They don't understand real life. Academics have no clue.

In other words, when you said he earned your trust, that was just some meaningless blather on your part.

Given a full basket of Romney positions, past and present and who knows when,

I could pick out a set, call him a Democrat, and vote for him.

On the other hand, out of that same basket, I could pick out a set that would put him out on the rightwing fringe.

It was the fight we let play out. We had to.

What part of the battle did you miss? I had to beg fellow conservatives to let Romney win on his own. I knew he could. But it wasn't easy.

I begged day in and day out on boards across the spectrum to let Romney fight. It was the only way. I didn't want him. For true initially. But then he proved himself true.

Others wanted everyone else step out of the way and just give it to him. No. No. Romney had to win it.

I lost many friends over this initially when I was working boards begging conservatives to let the battle play out.

I'm not just your average every day poster Marc. My fingers are bleeding. I have been at this for a while to defeat not only Obama but to take the Senate.

My fingers will still bleed. But I am thrilled with this man who honed himself into the most fine candidate I could dream of.

President Romney. I love it.
Really?

For the record, I think you've lost all senses and that you're delusional if that post of yours is true.

However, I'll play your game.

So tell me, what do you love most about Romney? Which policy you like best? And what are you most looking forward to that Romney, the man, will make come to fruition?

Forum List

Back