The Republican ignorance on abortion

I should have added “or anecdotal stories”….This woman’s case, clearly not the norm, will not sway one person who believes abortion as contraceptive measure. Further, CNN is not being honest here…

This doctor is in Orlando, a mere 30 mins away….Their story is bs. Do better research.

I should have added “or anecdotal stories”….This woman’s case, clearly not the norm, will not sway one person who believes abortion as contraceptive measure. Further, CNN is not being honest here…

This doctor is in Orlando, a mere 30 mins away….Their story is bs. Do better research.
so youre suggesting the clinic break state law.

Does it not seem that the Republicans just don't to win elections. Maybe they enjoy the campaigning and mud slinging more than actually governing. Their stance on abortion sure seems to bear that out.

By a large majority, Americans do not support legislation restriction a woman's right to choose. Why haven't Republicans got the message? They continue to support the phony pro-life indicted Donald Trump who demonstrated his total disregard for women by appointing anti-abortion judges. Look at hard core conservative Kansas who failed to pass a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion.

Look at "Don't say gay" Ron DeSantis, widely loved by Republicans and viewed as a successor to Donald Trump. Last night he slinks back into Florida from a campaign trip and signs a bill into law that further restricts already restricted abortion access in Florida. And, he did it in the dark of night behind closed doors.

Well, thank goodness the Republicans learned nothing from their 2022 election failures and seem hell bent on losing bigly to Democrats in 2024.

President biden could do no better if he wanted to.

Republicans should just play this song to anyone who's thinking of getting an abortion. If they still want one after listening to this song, let them get it. Probably won't be good parents.

All he could think about was I'm too young for this. Got my whole life ahead. Hell I'm just a kid myself. How'm I gonna raise one.

All he could see were his dreams goin' up in smoke. So much for ditchin' this town and hangin' out on the coast. Oh well, those plans are long gone.

[Chorus:]
And he said, There goes my life. There goes my future, my everything. Might as well kiss it all good-bye. There goes my life.

A couple years of up all night and a few thousand diapers later. That mistake he thought he made covers up the refrigerator.

Momma's waiting to tuck her in, As she fumbles up those stairs. She smiles back at him dragging that teddy bear.

He smiles.....There goes my life. There goes my future, my everything. There goes my life.

Republicans should just play this song to anyone who's thinking of getting an abortion. If they still want one after listening to this song, let them get it. Probably won't be good parents.

All he could think about was I'm too young for this. Got my whole life ahead. Hell I'm just a kid myself. How'm I gonna raise one.

All he could see were his dreams goin' up in smoke. So much for ditchin' this town and hangin' out on the coast. Oh well, those plans are long gone.

And he said, There goes my life. There goes my future, my everything. Might as well kiss it all good-bye. There goes my life.

A couple years of up all night and a few thousand diapers later. That mistake he thought he made covers up the refrigerator.

Momma's waiting to tuck her in, As she fumbles up those stairs. She smiles back at him dragging that teddy bear.

He smiles.....There goes my life. There goes my future, my everything. There goes my life.

The problem with this song is that it repeats the myth that most of the people who are getting abortions, are careless teenagers, who shouldn’t have been messing around in the first place.

The reality is that most of the people seeking abortions, are in their 20’s, married and have children already but their income is so low that they can’t afford to have another child.

These people aren’t giving up a their dreams of life, that they had planned for themselves, they’re afraid of ending up homeless and on the streets if they lose their jobs.

The problem with this song is that it repeats the myth that most of the people who are getting abortions, are careless teenagers, who shouldn’t have been messing around in the first place.

The reality is that most of the people seeking abortions, are in their 20’s, married and have children already but their income is so low that they can’t afford to have another child.

These people aren’t giving up a their dreams of life, that they had planned for themselves, they’re afraid of ending up homeless and on the streets if they lose their jobs.
Like I said, just listen to the song and if you still want to get one, get it. LOL.

It's so true. If I was 18 I would have thought the same thing and no question I would have loved the kid when it came. And I would have felt the same way Kenny sang. I love kids. But I fully support anyone getting an abortion. I'm even very pro late term abortion. Not for a woman who says she just changed her mind and doesn't want it. That doesn't even happen. It's when the kid is going to be a severe retard or mongaloid. Get rid of it! But you can have it if you want.

Half the people who get pregnant say it was a mistake. If we could only cut pregnancies in half, we'd be good. We'd all be happy. Only wanted babies would be born.

Bullshit.

Two important victories, in “red” states no less, protecting the right of women to use their own judgement on whether or not to have an abortion when they find themselves “in trouble”:

“In South Carolina, the senate rejected a bill that would ban most abortions in the state. The bill had already been passed by the House, but the Senate’s five women — three of whom are Republicans — opposed the bill and spoke forcefully against it….”

Last edited:
The kind of people who support legal abortion are the kind of people who supported legal slavery.

Saint blackrvvk #33 : “The kind of people who support legal abortion are the kind of people who supported legal slavery.”

NFBW 23MAY29 {to: 33vvk} There are a lot of black Christian Americans in Michigan who voted with the majority for Proposition 3 protecting safe legal abortions in their state Constitution. Where did you get the absurd and audacious neurological activity in you brain to come up with your opinion in your post 00,033 (see above) ?

Since Dobbs we have much more information based on actual voting which soundly undermines your comment, 33vvk from April this year.

What was PROPOSITION 3 in Michigan where a large percentage of the votin population may be actual descendants of slavery. Here’s the language:

ref 230528^ prop3mi The constitutional amendment will legalize abortions in Michigan and prevent people receiving or performing abortions from being criminally or civilly charged. The amendment will do the following (as written in the proposal):​
Establish new individual right to reproductive freedom, including right to make and carry out all decisions about pregnancy, such as prenatal care, childbirth, postpartum care, contraception, sterilization, abortion, miscarriage management, and infertility;​
Allow state to regulate abortion after fetal viability, but not prohibit if medically needed to protect a patient’s life or physical or mental health;​
Forbid state discrimination in enforcement of this right; prohibit prosecution of an individual, or a person helping a pregnant individual, for exercising rights established by this amendment;​
Invalidate state laws conflicting with this amendment.​

603D6473-484A-4851-8101-6FE4766D6217.jpeg

21BEC934-4EF3-4433-9362-9CB72016502B.jpeg

Saint backvgn ¥ #1 • • • • “I’m so psyched to think that the ruling {RvW} allowing slaughter of innocent life — sanctioned by the United States — is about to end.””

23MAY29 NFBW {to: 33vvk} If we look at the “abortion rights” map above as if the gray states are the abolitionist movement states demanding an end to reproductive slavery; that leaves the remaining states being a revived Confederacy of sorts holding on to white extremist Christian reproductive slavery.

My Question for any MAGA out there willing to face reality: Do you believe the South Shall rise again by overturning Northern State’s Constitutions {see Michigan prop3 above) thereby legalizing reproductive slavery nationwide?

Or do you concede the North will eventually move state electorates (one woman - one vote) in the South forcing the abolishment of reproductive slavery to never curse the land of the free on a nationwide basis forevermore?

Last edited:
Whether it is popular or not, the position that absolutely opposes the unjustifiable murder of innocents is always the right position, and a position that wants such murder to be allowed is always wrong.

What you have set up is the unjustifiable murder of women who are just trying to have a baby. You are not “saving babies”. You are killing their mothers.

And Demwits don't care about the most innocent of Americans!!

WOMEN'S RIGHT TO KNOW
Abortion Risks
The risk of complications for the woman increases with advancing gestational age.
Below are descriptions of the risks that have been associated with abortion.
  • Pelvic Infection: Bacteria (germs) from the vagina or cervix may enter the uterus and cause an infection. Antibiotics may clear up such an infection. In rare cases, a repeat suction, hospitalization or surgery may be needed. Infection rates are less than 1 percent for suction curettage, 1.5 percent for D&E and 5 percent for labor induction.
  • Incomplete abortion: Fetal parts or other products of pregnancy may not be completely emptied from the uterus, requiring further medical procedures. Incomplete abortion may result in infection and bleeding. The reported rate of such complications is less than 1 percent after a D&E; whereas, following a labor induction procedure, the rate may be as high as 36 percent.
  • Blood clots in the uterus: Blood clots that cause severe cramping occur in about 1 percent of all abortions. The clots usually are removed by a repeat suction curettage.
  • Heavy bleeding: Some amount of bleeding is common following an abortion. Heavy bleeding (hemorrhaging) is not common and may be treated by repeat suction, medication or, rarely, surgery. Ask the doctor to explain heavy bleeding and what to do if it occurs.
  • Cut or torn cervix: The opening of the uterus may be torn while it is being stretched open to allow medical instruments to pass through and into the uterus. This happens in less than 1 percent of first trimester abortions.
  • Perforation of the uterus wall: A medical instrument may go through the wall of the uterus. The reported rate is one out of every 500 abortions. Depending on the severity, perforation can lead to infection, heavy bleeding or both. Surgery may be required to repair the uterine tissue, and in the most severe cases a hysterectomy may be required.
  • Anesthesia-related complications: As with other surgical procedures, anesthesia increases the risk of complications associated with abortion. The reported risks of anesthesia-related complications is around one per 5,000 abortions.
  • Rh Immune Globulin Therapy: Genetic material found on the surface of red blood cells is known as the Rh Factor. If a woman and her fetus have different Rh factors, she must receive medication to prevent the development of antibodies that would endanger future pregnancies.
Long-Term Medical Risks of Abortions
Early abortions that are not complicated by infection do not cause infertility, nor do they make it more difficult to carry a later pregnancy to term. Complications associated with an abortion or having multiple abortions may make it difficult to have children.
Women who have had a first full-term pregnancy at an early age have reduced risks of breast, ovarian and endometrial cancer. Furthermore, the risks of these cancers decline with each additional full-term pregnancy. Pregnancies that are terminated afford no protection; thus, a woman who chooses abortion over continuing her pregnancy would lose the protective benefit. ?If you have a family history of breast cancer or clinical findings of breast disease, you should seek medical advice from your physician before deciding whether to remain pregnant or have an abortion. It is always important to tell your doctor about your complete pregnancy history.
Emotional Side of an Abortion
You should know that women experience different emotions after an abortion. Some women may feel guilty, sad or empty, while others may feel relief that the procedure is over. Some women have reported serious psychological effects after their abortion, including depression, grief, anxiety, lowered self-esteem, regret, attachment, flashbacks and substance abuse. These emotions may appear immediately after an abortion or gradually over a longer period of time. These feelings may recur or be felt stronger at the time of another abortion, or a normal birth, or on the anniversary of the abortion. Counseling or support before and after your abortion is very important. If family help and support are not available to you, it may be harder for you to deal with the feelings that appear after an abortion. Talking with a professional counselor before having an abortion can help a woman better understand her decision and the feelings she may experience after the procedure. If counseling is not available to the woman, these feelings may be more difficult to handle. Many pregnancy-resource centers offer pre- and post-abortion counseling services; these centers are listed in the resource directory.

Abortion Risks | La Dept. of Health

After six elections statewide rebuking the GOP for tightening abortion laws, they still do it.

Doing the same thing believing matters will change ... is core to Republicanism.

Thanks for the photo. Although I appreciate you sharing your family photos, I find it irrelevant in this case. We're talking about why it's wrong to murder babies. Again, thanks for sharing your earliest baby photo. Sort of cute, in an ugly sort of way.
Then you should try to keep your flaky, emotional language out of the discussion.

"murder babies," for instance.

Innacurate terminology.

Then you should try to keep your flaky, emotional language out of the discussion.

"murder babies," for instance.

Innacurate terminology.
100% accurate if you had a clue where "humans" come from and how they're formed. 100% false if you're 100% ignorant.

Forum List

Back