The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

"Thousands of mall-based stores are shutting down in what's fast becoming one of the biggest waves of retail closures in decades.

More than 3,500 stores are expected to close in the next couple of months.

Department stores like JCPenney, Macy's, Sears, and Kmart are among the companies shutting down stores, along with middle-of-the-mall chains like Crocs, BCBG, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Guess.

Some retailers are exiting the brick-and-mortar business altogether and trying to shift to an all-online model. "

The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

This is the reality of Barak's "glowing" economy.
It's the Internet...silly....

Shops like mine, which are only cyber based, are doing great!

Invest in UPS, FED-X and our Lord saving USPS...who has the best shipping prices for customers and the best service for the money!

Invest in UPS, FED-X and our Lord saving USPS...who has the best shipping prices for customers and the best service for the money!

It took USPS 7 days to deliver my state tax return which was mailed from less than 2 miles away from me.

The internet is only part of the problem. The fact remains that THOUSANDS of people will lose their jobs and that will lead to other very bad things.

It took USPS 7 days to deliver my state tax return which was mailed from less than 2 miles away from me.
Maybe they are slow on snail mail, but on light weight packages first class mail and Priority mail, they are pretty darn good....I have shipped probably 1000 packages so far, and all made it to the customer but 1 lost, and that package was to Indonesia...Brunei....(and the customer did get it 4 months later but I had already collected the insurance and refunded her for the purchase so she got lucky and eventually got the package too!) Oh I take that back, I lost 2 packages in total, the other one was to a customer located at some obscure town at an oil field in Canada... USPS lost NONE of my USA packages....

AND they ship real quick to Australia, and the UK....it takes only 4 days from leaving my door to those countries, but then takes their own country Customs another 7 days to clear them....

20% of what I carry in my shop is sold to people overseas....which is absolutely AMAZING to me, especially with the high shipping prices and whn I first opened I did not want to sell to customers overseas because I thought I would lose a lot of the packages and I thought customers would never pay the shipping costs due to being so high, and I was lazy and did not want to set up my system with shipping prices to all countries....

I finally got off my butt (and USMB) and did it and am now at 20% of my small business being sold to foreigners.

no matter what, all packages to California from Maine, makes it in two days...(true local takes longer, like one State over, could take 4 days), but they do have the "across country" down pat!

Forum List

Back