The rich get richer and the poorer remain poorer?

Time to mandate 1,000 times law on ceo, board members and upper management compared to the lowest paid. This way corporations spend more of their profits on paying better wages to the works and expansion.

What's it to you what corporations you own no stock in and don't work for do with money that doesn't belong to you? Do you also go over to your neighbor's house and tell them how much of their income to spend on which things?

People make more money as their career progresses. If you worked a job for 8 years and weren't making more money you should probably change careers.

Or have a college or craft school affordable enough to go into a better job. Not that America allows to much of that. :(

Oh, yeah. Because there are hardly any trade schools out there, and people NEVER graduate from them and get jobs. :eusa_liar:

The Super Bowl was a classic example of inequality. One team won...the other lost. What should be done about that?

So you think life is just a game eh? Well if that's the case, the ultra wealthy done won the "Super Bowl of Life" for the past many many years.

To bad there is not more competition for them. But hell, when you own the field you play on and the umpires to, the outcome is preordained. Right?

You aholes want equal outcomes for all...so there are no winners in your game.

You always say that and you're always told that wrong. Try discussing what YOU want and believe and let others speak their minds or is that too hard to debate for ya?

With all your vast knowledge you don't think poor people can become poorer in mind and spirit? Sure they can. Hopelessness will see to that.

Barring mental illness, why in the hell would anyone be hopeless in the United States?

Government oppression

That's depressing, but not hopeless. Government is a system, and it's always possible to learn to work the system. It's a pain in the ass, but it can be done.

While America certainly has its share of people in chronic poverty and those with vast wealth, we are an economically mobile society. There are no class or cast systems that might prevent anyone with initiative from bettering their station in life. IRS data tracking the same group of taxpayers between 1999 and 2007 showed that Americans can move from one economic group to another fairly quickly.For example, nearly 60% of taxpayers who began in the lowest income group in 1999, moved to a higher income group by 2007. Conversely, roughly 40% of taxpayers who started out in the highest income group moved to lower income groups within eight years.
Official Statistics on Inequality, the Top 1%, and Redistribution | Tax Foundation

Is your source credible? Afraid not.

I posted the following tidbit from Fox News. No one responded. It's just more evidence that the backbone of America is continuing to get fucked over, that would include a majority of posters here on USMB.
We have a hell of a lot of posters on this board who are in denial of their own demise. They just keep on bashing their own demographic and strongly defending the status quo that is destroying the demographic these folks belong to.
Why would people wish the destruction of their economic class on themselves and more importantly, their children and grandchildren?
Keep it up people, it will only get worse for future generations of your family.

New York Times: The Middle Class Is Steadily Eroding. Just Ask the Business World. - Fox Nation

Last edited:
While America certainly has its share of people in chronic poverty and those with vast wealth, we are an economically mobile society. There are no class or cast systems that might prevent anyone with initiative from bettering their station in life. IRS data tracking the same group of taxpayers between 1999 and 2007 showed that Americans can move from one economic group to another fairly quickly.For example, nearly 60% of taxpayers who began in the lowest income group in 1999, moved to a higher income group by 2007. Conversely, roughly 40% of taxpayers who started out in the highest income group moved to lower income groups within eight years.
Official Statistics on Inequality, the Top 1%, and Redistribution | Tax Foundation

Why? Because you don't like what they have to say?

By all means, show us the "credible source" that says most people in the United States stay in the same income bracket. It's not controversial, arguable, or news that economic mobility is incredibly fluid in the US.

Since 2009, the top percentiles have done great, not so much for everyone else. My link in my previous post offers up some details.

Since 2009, the top percentiles have done great, not so much for everyone else. My link in my previous post offers up some details.

Since 2009, how many of the top percentiles are the same people? Trying linking THAT.

Since 2009, how many of the top percentiles are the same people? Trying linking THAT.

I'm referring to the same income quintile. Do you actually think that people within that quintile had great movement out of their quintile?

The Super Bowl was a classic example of inequality. One team won...the other lost. What should be done about that?
I think if we don't want to 'kill' the loser's spirits we should give both teams a trophy right?
The one thing that is the ultimate anathema to any LIB is the thought of one person out- competing another person. It's their 'mother's milk'. If we all get a trophy then none of us has to work too hard right? Classic LIB mind set in every aspect of their fruitless lives. That's why 100% of Blacks vote LIB.
Be-grudge those who work harder for their rewards then claim these 'makers' ought to give to the 'takers'.

I think if we don't want to 'kill' the loser's spirits we should give both teams a trophy right?
The one thing that is the ultimate anathema to any LIB is the thought of one person out- competing another person. It's their 'mother's milk'. If we all get a trophy then none of us has to work too hard right? Classic LIB mind set in every aspect of their fruitless lives. That's why 100% of Blacks vote LIB.
Be-grudge those who work harder for their rewards then claim these 'makers' ought to give to the 'takers'.

Actually the issue is about macro economic market trends that benefit one group over the other. The hope is to somehow account for these changes to ensure economic prosperity for the working people of America and the long term growth of the nation.

Why do you think that even matters?

It is one of those arguments that demonstrates a low level of understanding of the problem.

Why? Because you don't like what they have to say?

By all means, show us the "credible source" that says most people in the United States stay in the same income bracket. It's not controversial, arguable, or news that economic mobility is incredibly fluid in the US.

What measure do you use to know that there is mobility?

The one in the OP was a rather pathetic attempt.

All that means is the young make more as they age and the old make less as they retire! Another meaningless stat that only deceives the Misinformation Voter!!!

Some 95% of 2009-2012 Income Gains Went to Wealthiest 1%
Some 95% of 2009-2012 Income Gains Went to Wealthiest 1% - Real Time Economics - WSJ

I guess this article says it all.

When the Obama administration LITERALLY hands them hundreds of billions to create the fiction of a growing economy, this is to be expected.

I'm sure Obama has had an effect, but so has many other people. No one in their right mind can blame just one person. Researchers using statistics, see 2000-2010 as the lost decade for the Middle Class, the blame game can't be Obama alone.
The Lost Decade of the Middle Class
The Lost Decade of the Middle Class | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

Last edited:

Forum List

Back