The Right To Bear Arms

Private sales firearm sales are absolutely none of the federal government business... end of story

Too bad they are our business because the straw purchasing is exactly the reason and way guns end up in cities like Chicago, where they're used in crimes.

And how does a background check infringe on your right to owning a firearm? It doesn't. You cannot say how it does that.
Because those are private sales, I sell firearms and ammo for a living. And I realize that private sales are absolutely no one’s business but the individuals involved. You really ought to mind your own business...

Still lower than the US. And still the US has the highest rate of gun deaths than any western nation, heck even worse than some war torn countries.
Eliminate what you want to better the stats. But the fact is here thousands die by being shot. Other countries don't have this madness because thry have less guns, in act I grow up in Morocco and we have almost none, and in the 23 years i lived there hardly anyone died from being shot.

Gun violence is a ultural issue in America. Hiding behind an old amendment is a stupid excuse...till we join other countries in banning guns. We gonna still count thousands of bodies. Ridiculous.

I'm not "eliminating what I want to better the stats", dumbass. I'm clarifying the stats to understand the problems that actually need addressing, rather than using them vaguely so as to hide behind them, like you. People like you are the reason Mark Twain said that there are three types of untruth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

The fact is, there aren't nearly as many people getting shot here by other people as you think there are. And the reasons behind those deaths are almost never what you believe they are. That means that the solution is DEFINITELY not what you want.

I'll say it again: if other countries are so damned superior to the US, go live in them. No one asked you to barge in here and start redecorating.
Most violent country and as an American I'm trying to make things better, and thats a right that exercise, through voting, lobbying, and other ways.
That disc of if you don't like it go somewhere is childish. The US is not paradise it has its flaws and the biggest one is gun violence, we as those who lived in gun free country we are trying to explain to you...you can't prevent seing thousands of Americans dead as if it's a war zone. And especially kids.

Banning guns won't make anything better
It will...ask over 100 countries that have almost no guns available. The only country where might collect your kid dead from school is the US. Or might even get shot before you pick him up. It's insane you guys became numb to seing this horror.

Not numb at all. There are many ways to stop school shootings without taking guns away from law abiding people who will never commit a crime with a firearm.

You can't seem to understand that people who own guns and do not commit crimes are not in any way responsible for the actions of other people who do commit crimes.

Leftists also can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that no laws are going to un-invent the gun and make them simply not exist, and criminals, by definition, aren't going to pay attention to laws telling them not to own guns.

Oh my god, I can’t believe after 50 years there are still people that don’t get it. I don’t and will never own a gun, however I the right and the freedom that others have to do what they want to legally do. Just owning a gun doesn’t make you violent, it is less than one 10th of 1% that do 100% of the killings. You ignore statistics, you ignore the Constitution and you ignore the freedoms that make this country great.

I respect your opinion, however I disagree with you and your comments are very ignorant as to the real issues.

I haven’t been in a fight since I was 12, it seems your culture is to violent for me, it’s amazing that you can’t be trusted with a weapon.
Lol I've witnessed more fights in the US than in Morocco. My reference was is if we had guns some would definitely used them. But thank God we don't.

So why the hell the US surpasses most nations in gun related deaths?

I explained it many times, why are you not understanding? Less than one tenth of one percent kill, with a gun or not. Britain banned guns, murders by gun dropped, however more murders occurred. We are a violent culture as you have point out so well, we need to change the culture, and the deaths will go down. Just banning to ban and having no answers as to why, will change the way a person kills.
Why you stuck on the British example? why can't you look at most countries that have almost no guns, and say yes Let's be like those countries....let's save thousands of lives?
And yes I agree on the culture part, but also the US is a hostage to an amendment that's not compatible with the 21st century. And some treat it as if it written by god almighty and should not be abolished.
By the way there's lot of mis information about how the UK is more violent than the US. here is a good article research about it.

Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate than U.S. does

I didn’t say the U.K. is more violent, I said after banning guns, their murder rate rose and continued to do so until they added more law enforcement. The gun banning didn’t change the murder rate. Not sure what you don’t get. Australia had a similar issue and so it goes.

I know you’d rather give up your freedom because of fear, I believe the opposite.
the UK is more violent in some ways

They have more assaults and more rapes than the US. The UK has 3 times more crimes per 1000 people than the US

United Kingdom vs United States: Crime Facts and Stats

And they're more likely to have "hot" burglaries, committed while the residents are home, which puts everyone involved in more danger.

Pussy are those who have guns.
Ame4ican society is so infested with the love for guns and violence. Time to get civilised Mr redneck.

Hey, feel free to show us your "bravery" and march down a street in a Chicago ghetto at midnight, completely unarmed.

Just let us know if you prefer roses or lilies at your funeral.

If he doesn't like Chicago, I suggest the lower ninth ward in New Orleans at 2am

Both Chicago and New Orleans are cities that deal with an "iron pipeline", which is straw purchasers in lax gun law states and areas buy guns and then traffic them to the cities, where they're used in gun crimes.

By mandating universal background checks on all gun transactions and transfers, you eliminate straw purchasing and thus, eliminate the iron pipeline that traffics guns from the country to the cities, where they are used in gun crimes.
Na, Unconstitutional
Just an anecdotal point here... Most Vermonters have a slew of guns that have never darkened the door of a FFL dealer. They get passed around like poker chips... "trade the 30-30 Marlin for the truck bed of the 1998 F250" It's just the reality in "middle America" the "flyover country"... It's entertaining as can be to hear the 'Metro based libs' talking from their sanctimonious 'metrocentric' ivory towers.... BTW I grew up in NY / north NJ Bergen County as a rich 'boarding - prep school kid', LA & Sandiego for 11 years, Boston for 3 years... I've seen both sides.

'Sheite' I've boughten two rifles while pumping gas.. saw it in the truck window - wanted it - bought / bartered for it... Done...
That’s why I have always said the divide in this country is rural and urban more than anything else.
Progressive urban peoples ideas do not apply to rural people and they shouldn’t...

It doesn’t matter, people kill people not firearms… End of story

Nukes don't kill people, people kill people. So Kim Jong Un should get all the nukes he wants.

There, you see how fucking stupid that argument is?
Firearm ownership is none of your fucking business, it’s none of my business and it certainly is none of the federal governments business… End of story

My iPad 10.5 pro basically sucks because the fingerprint sensor never works worth of shit…

Maybe the problem isn't the sensor...

Anyway that’s irrelevant no one should be forced into such bullshit

Well, you're "forced" into a safety switch on your gun now, so why would replacing that with a fingerprint ID lock be any different?

Because those are private sales

Which has what to do with anything? Nothing. A sale is a sale is a sale is a sale. Doesn't matter if it's between two private people or a commercial seller. Wouldn't you want to know if the person you're selling your gun to has a criminal record? Or maybe not because you're a sociopath who doesn't think about anyone but yourself.

I sell firearms and ammo for a living. And I realize that private sales are absolutely no one’s business but the individuals involved. You really ought to mind your own business...

Seems like a private sale is just a way to get around background checks you know you wouldn't pass.

Yes it is, there is no need for ID locks.

Sure there is, I can think of two good reasons almost immediately;
  • Your gun gets stolen
  • Your kid gets their hands on it

You can’t force that shit on law-abiding people

Why not? Guns have safeties, don't they? Aren't safeties standard on all firearms?
Firearm ownership is a personal thing it’s no one else’s business. end of story

You can buy handguns with safeties or not, I prefer handguns without safety is because your trigger finger is the safety.
Anyway, if anyone knows anything about firearms you never depend on the safety. Basic firearm safety 101

Firearm ownership is none of your fucking business, it’s none of my business and it certainly is none of the federal governments business… End of story

NUKE OWNERSHIP IS ALSO NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

So Kim Jong Un should get all the nukes he wants.

My iPad 10.5 pro basically sucks because the fingerprint sensor never works worth of shit…

Maybe the problem isn't the sensor...

Anyway that’s irrelevant no one should be forced into such bullshit

Well, you're "forced" into a safety switch on your gun now, so why would replacing that with a fingerprint ID lock be any different?
The problem is the technology sucks and is unreliable, and absolutely not necessary

Anyone that knows anything about firearms nosy never depend on the safety, Hunter safety courses teach you these things at a very early age if you go. It’s incredibly simple to understand

No. Firearm ownership is a business. And it seems like you keep pretending it's a personal thing when no one else agrees with you, particularly the courts.

You can buy handguns with safeties or not, I prefer handguns without safety is because your trigger finger is the safety. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about firearms you never depend on the safety. Basic firearm safety 101

But they have safeties, though. That's the point. And if your gun gets stolen, it's most likely going to be used in a crime. With a fingerprint ID lock, it can't be used by anyone but you. That's personal, isn't it? Why would you want other people to be able to use your personal firearm? See, I think you're full of shit.

It doesn't matter if their crime rate is high or not, the bottom line is once they banned the guns, the murder rates went up.

That sounds suspiciously like bullshit to me. Where are the "facts" that support this?
Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center

Screen+Shot+2012-12-22+at++Saturday,+December+22,+9.26+PM.png

So...a couple things about this chart:

1. I see the rate in 2010 dropped to below the rate in 1997.
2. Where's 2012-2017?
so it's your contention that it takes decades for gun bans to decrease the murder rate?

And how the hell should I know why there isn't data for 2017?

Probably because they don't compile and release data that fast.

Because those are private sales

Which has what to do with anything? Nothing. A sale is a sale is a sale is a sale. Doesn't matter if it's between two private people or a commercial seller. Wouldn't you want to know if the person you're selling your gun to has a criminal record? Or maybe not because you're a sociopath who doesn't think about anyone but yourself.

I sell firearms and ammo for a living. And I realize that private sales are absolutely no one’s business but the individuals involved. You really ought to mind your own business...

Seems like a private sale is just a way to get around background checks you know you wouldn't pass.
Firearm ownership is an absolute right enless someone fucks it up..
Private sales have been around since the beginning of this country, I see no reason to change that.

Last edited:
Believe it or not but the AR-15 was not primarily designed for 'killing people' as so many claim... As any varmint hunter knows the .223 Remington / .556NATO is sort of a mediocre varmint round for 5 - 50 pound critters. Under no circumstances are FMJ bullets good for anything but punching paper and wounding.

The AR-15 is the civilian version of the M16 / revised to the M16A1. The Military deliberately changed to this platform from the very lethal M14 chambered in 7.62x51 (.308), to the diminutive .556 NATO round, primarily to wound... It was deemed more beneficial to wound a combatant thereby requiring one or more of his comrades assisting the wounded off he battle line. Secondarily it saved a tremendous amount of weight allowing for each soldier to carry significantly more rounds.

As one who reloads for a variety of .224" / .556 mm rifles it is a (fortuitous thing... please understand the context and intent of using the word fortuitous...) that these psychos with their AR varmint equipment use the ubiquitous FMJ stuff lying around at their box stores and a platform that was never really designed for lethality....
Yep, ARs are nothing more than sporting rifles and nothing less. People really need to pick a scarier boogie man… LOL

The problem is the technology sucks and is unreliable, and absolutely not necessary

No, the problem is you have fat, greasy fuckin' sausage fingers that can't manage to use a simple tablet, like you're some kind of neanderthal or primate.

And if you have so much trouble with a very benign piece of technology like an ipad, what the fuck makes you think you're competent enough to handle a firearm safely?!?!?!?

"I can't use a tablet, but I can use a gun"

Doesn't fill me with confidence in your physical abilities.

Anyone that knows anything about firearms nosy never depend on the safety, Hunter safety courses teach you these things at a very early age if you go. It’s incredibly simple to understand

LOL! Well, most gun owners don't do that, and most guns used in crimes are guns stolen from "responsible gun owners" like you pretend to be.

No, the problem is you have fat, greasy fuckin' sausage fingers that can't manage to use a simple tablet, like you're some kind of neanderthal or primate.

And if you have so much trouble with a very benign piece of technology like an ipad, what the fuck makes you think you're competent enough to handle a firearm safely?!?!?!?

"I can't use a tablet, but I can use a gun"

Doesn't fill me with confidence in your physical abilities.

LOL! Well, most gun owners don't do that, and most guns used in crimes are guns stolen from "responsible gun owners" like you pretend to be.
Deflation

Firearm ownership is an right until someone fucks it up..

The only one with the capability of fucking up your gun rights...is you and only you.

Private sales have been around since the beginning of this country, I see no reason to change that.

Requiring background checks doesn't eliminate private sales. It eliminates straw purchasing.

No. Firearm ownership is a business. And it seems like you keep pretending it's a personal thing when no one else agrees with you, particularly the courts.

You can buy handguns with safeties or not, I prefer handguns without safety is because your trigger finger is the safety. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about firearms you never depend on the safety. Basic firearm safety 101

But they have safeties, though. That's the point. And if your gun gets stolen, it's most likely going to be used in a crime. With a fingerprint ID lock, it can't be used by anyone but you. That's personal, isn't it? Why would you want other people to be able to use your personal firearm? See, I think you're full of shit.
The last thing we need is the federal government involved in firearm ownership, Not only do they not have any credibility they are absolutely untrustworthy

Forum List

Back