The Rise of Intolerant Liberals

Oh you poor conservatives :itsok:

boehner2.jpg

You people favor funding the NEA over school vouchers for poor Blacks. Fact.
You people hate teachers and want your kids to go to schools without blacks. Fact.

Cite the passage!

The Israelite's "genocide" took place in retaliation for the Amalekites attacks when Israel came out of Egypt.

Ah, so God holds the innocent responsible. That's an interesting God.

If you don't believe in God I suggest you stop using his book(which you are clueless about) to attempt to support your weak positions. It's obvious you had no idea why Israel attacked.
Why? belief has jackshit to with understanding the bible.
It's been my experience that people who call themselves believers know far less about the bible then non believers.
Thanks for proving me correct.

GFY loser, I don't take anything you say with a grain of salt. You left loons use it and look foolish doing it, all a Christian does is laugh at you....then point out you're clueless. Now sit down
Again you've proven my point for me.
Btw you got the grain of salt axiom ass backwards.

Laugh at them, it's funny watching them ball their little hands up, stomp their feet and call you a bigoted, racist homophobic right winger

And while you do all that, watch the Democrats take the presidency again.
After eight years of the Magic Negro and Rule by Imperial Decree and a frontrunner nominee one step away from a Justice Department indictment? Good luck with that.
My favorite obama myth.
If the rw dickheads in Congress had not vowed to hinder him at every step executive orders would not have been necessary.
I didn't see you ass hats whining when Reagan and both Bush's used them.
Reagan holds the record for them.
It would be a whole lot simpler if you clowns would have admitted you are racists.

When will you?
Nothing to admit.

Talking to someone with courtesy and wanting the same back is being an "intolerant liberal".

Moreover, how gays are treated in other countries is completely irrelevant and fails as a red herring fallacy; gay Americans have no need to be 'grateful' for government recognizing the civil rights they've always possessed.

So am I to understand that only the gay people here matter to you? How short sighted.

You liberals are enigmatic.

You claim to be for women's rights... in America

You claim to be for gay rights... in America

You claim to be against racism... in America

You claim to support civil rights... in America

But as for the rest of the world? That's where your ideals fall silent. You are the most myopic type of people I have ever seen. The whole world does not consist of America.
:lmao::lmao:

Do these supposed Christian merchants morally vet all their customers for fear of their mortal souls? Do they cater a Mafia princess' wedding? The marriage of an OB/GYN's daughter who has had an abortion?

Or is their precious and jealously guarded bigotry restricted to same sex couples? Is their bigotry really driven by Biblical mandate, or good old fashioned Gay bashing? Is it driven by faith in a loving and forgiving God, or by fears, superstitions and ignorance?

Intentionally, I suppose, you ignore the distinction between merely judging a person, and refusing to participate in that person's misconduct.

If I were in a catering-related profession, what my customers did outside of any interactions with me would have little bearing on my dealing with them.

That a bride may be a “mafia princess” would not be my concern, if I were asked to cater her wedding. If her father asked me to cater an event celebrating the murder of a rival gang leader, I would refuse.

If the bride's father was an abortionist, that's have little bearing on me catering her wedding. I would not, however, cater an event celebrating her father's murderous profession, or any accomplishment therein.

Homosexuality is immoral. “Gay marriage” is a sick mockery of that which I hold to be sacred. Under no circumstances would I willingly participate in, or otherwise give support to any celebration of this evil.

Being loving and forgiving, in perfect accordance with Christian values, does not mean, nor even faintly imply, an obligation to participate in, support, or celebrate that which one knows to be wrong.

These alleged Christian merchants are twisting faith to serve a vile purpose. The Taliban does the same.

It's a matter of degree so far as their reprisals go, but the dogmatic interpretations are the same.

Christian store merchants don't kill people who don't believe the way they do.

There is no discernible comparison. You are simply being childish now.

Do these supposed Christian merchants morally vet all their customers for fear of their mortal souls? Do they cater a Mafia princess' wedding? The marriage of an OB/GYN's daughter who has had an abortion?

You don't seem to mind vetting those people which you consider to be Christians. That task is not up to you.

Or is their precious and jealously guarded bigotry restricted to same sex couples?

So, when you demand that someone give up their beliefs in order to serve same sex couples... who is it that's being jealous? Them?

Or you?
Twisting faith to provide a false moral aegis is what is common between the Taliban and the alegded Christian bigots. Finding, falsely, some cover in Scripture to serve bigotry is a rather cynical and shameful way to regard faith.

I'm not vetting these shallow minded merchants for their left handed Christianity, they are showing the world how they regard Christianity by their actions and pseudo outrage.

Any demands being made are by paying customers who should receive the same high level of service supplied all other paying customers. Same sex clients come, cash or credit card in hand, as paying customers. They are bot there to repress the beliefs of the vendors. In fact, the vendors are not participants in the wedding. They merely provide services, they do not officiate the service. Their souls are not endangered. Their hang ups about the sex lives of others is the true issue. Serving a same sex wedding is not a Sibboleth tondamnation by any standard except the standards set up by the Dogmatics, not the true faith.

Dogma. The common thread the tie that binds the radicals of every faith.

By the way, I said the "rights" of the bigots seem to be jealously guarded. That does not mean anyone in this discussion is jealous.

Last edited:
Liberls have declared themselves the moral and intellectual authority and claim that if you don't go along, you are uncaring and just plain mean. Their beliefs are not up for debate. Once they declare something as fact, they will be vicious to anyone who doesn't embrace it without question. Anyone who doubts any part of the liberal ideology can expect to be called greedy, racist or a host of other derogatory names. Even when their ideas prove to be faulty, they believe that their stated intentions are so honorable that they shouldn't be criticized for failure.

Washngton liberals are mean spirited and their programs haven't helped the poor or the minorities in decades. In fact, they've made things worse and the last 7 years have all but undone the advances made in race relations. Liberals need victims and problems and they are experts are creating both just so they can pretend to run to the rescue. It's not really about helping people or we would have seen progress. The only progress being made is on their agenda, which seems to be going okay, thanks to useful idiots.

The left has declared that liberal groups, like BLM, all liberals whether rich or poor, and Muslims as groups that are off limits when it comes to any kind of criticism. They call it hate speech when you express how fed up you are with the terrorist attacks and vitriol from Islamic leaders. While the left preaches tolerance and claims to abhor nasty comments, they continually bash Republicans, people from the south and wealthy people (who don't cozy up to Dems). They say the most vile things and are unapologetic, yet when someone even suggests that we should be more careful letting refugees in or that we should get people back to work instead of being on welfare, the left has a fit and claims that is evil.

Hypocrisy runs rampant through the Dem party. They cried foul when Palin had targets on a campaign map and claimed that promoted violence, yet they laughed at a movie about the assassination of Bush and said it was art. They ignored the violence in the OWS protests. They ignored the violence in Ferguson and other places. They had a fit when a Republican had a photo taken with a gun, but loved it when Beyonce had bullets on her arms during the Super Bowl show as she paid homage to some violent groups. The Black Panthers are responsible for killing a lot of cops over the years, but the left refuses to call them up on that or their intimidation at the polls. BLM has directly called for cops to be killed and too many members answered that call, yet Obama just praised them for their work. Libs had made comments about Palin and her daughters that are too vulgar to repeat, yet said it was wrong to mention Michelle Obama's weight when she was pointing her finger at our 'fat' country and telling us how to eat.

It seems that "truth" is whatever they say it is and that can change from day to day. They even talk about creating more hate speech laws that are designed to stop any criticism of their programs (wealth redistribution under the guise of saving the planet), their pet groups and their transformation of this country. We've seen this before in other countries and we all know how it ends. Unless we want America to eventually turn into a liberal wasteland, we need to fight against those who are practicing the Alinsky methods of shaming and ridiculing their political opponents. It's about silencing people who see through their bullshit and understand the real motivation behind their supposed benevolence. With the help of biased media, who selectively report and exaggerate some things and completely ignore others, they have some people afraid to speak their mind for fear of retribution. Neighbors of the San Bernardino terrorists felt that fear and never came forward with info that may have stopped the attack. Suspecting Muslims of being terrorists, no matter what actions you observe, is politically incorrect and likely to get you accused of profiling. People are slowly being trained to remain silent and it's all because of a growing fear of government. We fear punishment from government for merely exercising our rights. This is the very definition of tyranny.

"Why have liberals become so intolerant? They think nothing of denying someone as prominent as former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice from speaking on a college campus. They embrace activists who shut down speakers. They publicly shame people for the slightest deviation from liberal orthodoxy.

For them everything from science to the law is "settled" once they get into power. Progress is a one way street. Their mindset is the very definition of closed-mindedness.

The short answer is that it pays. A lot of people in and out of government benefit. Liberalism also makes people feel good. Whether you are politician dispensing government benefits or the citizen receiving them, liberalism hides the self-interest and sometimes even greed that motivate people.

But the devolution of liberalism into something now openly illiberal has causes far more complex than these familiar explanations provide.

For one thing, liberalism is no longer mainly about ideas but power—as in who has it and who doesn’t. Believing they already know the answers to all questions, liberals view politics and governing as mopping up operations."

http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/18/the-rise-of-intolerant-liberals/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thffacebook

Yeah, I get a real kick out of their petulant tantrums and intellectual paradigms.....great read and editorial.

Or is their precious and jealously guarded bigotry restricted to same sex couples? Is their bigotry really driven by Biblical mandate, or good old fashioned Gay bashing? Is it driven by faith in a loving and forgiving God, or by fears, superstitions and ignorance?

Intentionally, I suppose, you ignore the distinction between merely judging a person, and refusing to participate in that person's misconduct.

If I were in a catering-related profession, what my customers did outside of any interactions with me would have little bearing on my dealing with them.

That a bride may be a “mafia princess” would not be my concern, if I were asked to cater her wedding. If her father asked me to cater an event celebrating the murder of a rival gang leader, I would refuse.

If the bride's father was an abortionist, that's have little bearing on me catering her wedding. I would not, however, cater an event celebrating her father's murderous profession, or any accomplishment therein.

Homosexuality is immoral. “Gay marriage” is a sick mockery of that which I hold to be sacred. Under no circumstances would I willingly participate in a celebration of this evil.

Being loving and forgiving, in perfect accordance with Christian values, does not mean, nor even faintly imply, an obligation to participate in, support, or celebrate that which one knows to be wrong.
Jesus never said anything about homosexuals or it being anti Christian or wrong.
Someone is misrepresenting christanity .is it you or Jesus.

Liberls have declared themselves the moral and intellectual authority and claim that if you don't go along, you are uncaring and just plain mean. Their beliefs are not up for debate. Once they declare something as fact, they will be vicious to anyone who doesn't embrace it without question. Anyone who doubts any part of the liberal ideology can expect to be called greedy, racist or a host of other derogatory names. Even when their ideas prove to be faulty, they believe that their stated intentions are so honorable that they shouldn't be criticized for failure.

Washngton liberals are mean spirited and their programs haven't helped the poor or the minorities in decades. In fact, they've made things worse and the last 7 years have all but undone the advances made in race relations. Liberals need victims and problems and they are experts are creating both just so they can pretend to run to the rescue. It's not really about helping people or we would have seen progress. The only progress being made is on their agenda, which seems to be going okay, thanks to useful idiots.

The left has declared that liberal groups, like BLM, all liberals whether rich or poor, and Muslims as groups that are off limits when it comes to any kind of criticism. They call it hate speech when you express how fed up you are with the terrorist attacks and vitriol from Islamic leaders. While the left preaches tolerance and claims to abhor nasty comments, they continually bash Republicans, people from the south and wealthy people (who don't cozy up to Dems). They say the most vile things and are unapologetic, yet when someone even suggests that we should be more careful letting refugees in or that we should get people back to work instead of being on welfare, the left has a fit and claims that is evil.

Hypocrisy runs rampant through the Dem party. They cried foul when Palin had targets on a campaign map and claimed that promoted violence, yet they laughed at a movie about the assassination of Bush and said it was art. They ignored the violence in the OWS protests. They ignored the violence in Ferguson and other places. They had a fit when a Republican had a photo taken with a gun, but loved it when Beyonce had bullets on her arms during the Super Bowl show as she paid homage to some violent groups. The Black Panthers are responsible for killing a lot of cops over the years, but the left refuses to call them up on that or their intimidation at the polls. BLM has directly called for cops to be killed and too many members answered that call, yet Obama just praised them for their work. Libs had made comments about Palin and her daughters that are too vulgar to repeat, yet said it was wrong to mention Michelle Obama's weight when she was pointing her finger at our 'fat' country and telling us how to eat.

It seems that "truth" is whatever they say it is and that can change from day to day. They even talk about creating more hate speech laws that are designed to stop any criticism of their programs (wealth redistribution under the guise of saving the planet), their pet groups and their transformation of this country. We've seen this before in other countries and we all know how it ends. Unless we want America to eventually turn into a liberal wasteland, we need to fight against those who are practicing the Alinsky methods of shaming and ridiculing their political opponents. It's about silencing people who see through their bullshit and understand the real motivation behind their supposed benevolence. With the help of biased media, who selectively report and exaggerate some things and completely ignore others, they have some people afraid to speak their mind for fear of retribution. Neighbors of the San Bernardino terrorists felt that fear and never came forward with info that may have stopped the attack. Suspecting Muslims of being terrorists, no matter what actions you observe, is politically incorrect and likely to get you accused of profiling. People are slowly being trained to remain silent and it's all because of a growing fear of government. We fear punishment from government for merely exercising our rights. This is the very definition of tyranny.

"Why have liberals become so intolerant? They think nothing of denying someone as prominent as former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice from speaking on a college campus. They embrace activists who shut down speakers. They publicly shame people for the slightest deviation from liberal orthodoxy.

For them everything from science to the law is "settled" once they get into power. Progress is a one way street. Their mindset is the very definition of closed-mindedness.

The short answer is that it pays. A lot of people in and out of government benefit. Liberalism also makes people feel good. Whether you are politician dispensing government benefits or the citizen receiving them, liberalism hides the self-interest and sometimes even greed that motivate people.

But the devolution of liberalism into something now openly illiberal has causes far more complex than these familiar explanations provide.

For one thing, liberalism is no longer mainly about ideas but power—as in who has it and who doesn’t. Believing they already know the answers to all questions, liberals view politics and governing as mopping up operations."

http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/18/the-rise-of-intolerant-liberals/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thffacebook

Your word games are silly. People to the left of you don't tolerate your intolerance. Why should they?
What word games? Liberals are highly intolerant and projection to mask it is what they do. Like what you just did.

I am tolerant of your right to think you're better than everyone else, but I oppose your efforts to impose your thinking on me and everyone else in society through the operation of our laws. You're intolerant of my right to oppose oppression. Why don't you put on your faux victim diaper and crap a few more logical fallacies, if that's what makes you happy. My two-year-old nephew sticks his own finger in his diaper to check things out, and if it comes out covered with stinky brown goo, then he cries to have his diaper changed. Go do that ... have fun.
I didn't say I was better than anyone, you're just an asshole on the internet smearing shit, it's all you do.

No one cares if you are tolerant or not, I'm just pointing out you're a hypocrite and your purile attempt to cover it up doesn't work.

It seems you were looking in a mirror when you stated, "you're a hypocrite and your purile attempt to cover it up doesn't work"

Homosexuality is immoral. “Gay marriage” is a sick mockery of that which I hold to be sacred. Under no circumstances would I willingly participate in, or otherwise give support to any celebration of this evil.

The Mafia king pin, the abortion provider, you'd take their money no matter how they came by it?

And wedding vendors are not participants. They are service providers. They are not invited guests. They do not officiate the ceremony. They do not show up at the reception bearing toaster ovens and stainless flatware.

Their participation is their stock in trade, not as celebrants.

Homosexuality is immoral. “Gay marriage” is a sick mockery of that which I hold to be sacred. Under no circumstances would I willingly participate in a celebration of this evil.

As someone who waited 25 years to legally marry, it saddens me that anyone would consider that level of committment to the woman I love a 'sick mockery of what is sacred'. There are many religions practiced in America and we don't all share the same ideas on what is considered to be misconduct.

Here is the teaching that I uphold:

"Aware of the suffering caused by sexual misconduct, I undertake to cultivate responsibility and learn ways to protect the safety and integrity of individuals, couples, families, and society. I am determined not to engage in sexual relations without love and a long- term commitment. To preserve the happiness of myself and others, I am determined to respect my commitments and the commitments of others. I will do everything in my power to protect children from sexual abuse and to prevent couples and families from being broken by sexual misconduct."

Nonetheless, it is not a barrier to me to relate to you as another human being. I trust you mean well. Obviously, I disagree with your position on marriage equality. I am happy to have the right to marry and raise children in the country of my birth.

As for "forcing you" to do something you don't want to do, such as celebrate a family's happiness, most of us aren't in the slightest bit interested in having a wet blanket of close mindedness present for our family celebrations.

Just found this poem by Rabinranath Tagore and it seems relevant to our American life today:

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;

Where knowledge is free;

Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;

Where words come out from the depth of truth;

Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;

Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;

Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action--

Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

-Gitanjali

Forum List

Back