The risk of income inequality

the top 5% are paying 40% of the income taxes, the bottom 50% are paying nothing. Is that "fair" ?

Do you know what an "income tax" is?

If the top 5% are collecting that much of our nations available income, you bet your ass that is fair

I asked if you think its fair that 50% pay no income tax, and in fact many have a negative income tax due to EIC.

What specific things would you do to take income from the top earners and GIVE it to the lower 50%?

raising taxes will do nothing but drive successful people out of this country, you fricken libtards are determined to punish the job creators, because of your insane jealousy of their success.

Why are the rich leaving California and New York? Any idea, Norton? Puniative taxation, thats why.

The rich are leaving America also. Romney lives in the Cayman islands, Corporate person Apple lives in Ireland. Poor babies, let's take up a collection for them, the daily commute must kill them. Oh, never mind, they don't really live there, they're just are allowed to claim those residences for tax purposes. Wonder if an ordinary income guy can do that.

Yes it's a rigged game. I do have lots of experience actually.

Then by all means, explain to us in your own words why a board of directors would pay more for leadership than they need to, thereby hurting their own financial interests and creating a competitive disadvantage for the company they oversee.

The floor is yours...

That's a good question. You'd have to be pretty naive to think there aren't completely competent people who would work for much less. They all must be working together.

So you've got nothing. Got it.

Now you have me curious

Tell us about your free society

Pre-constitution consisting of the states between 1881-1887. Weak federal government that really doesn't do nothing. :badgrin: America would be a backwards asshole on this planet if he got his way!

Hold on...did you just suggest the years 1881 to 1887 were "pre Constitution"?

Oh...my...God. Are you really that ignorant?

Hmm...crickets. Color me shocked.

You remind me of this genius, only she thinks the Constitution is 400 years old. You're both dumb as rocks.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSOdQq6pSPE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSOdQq6pSPE[/ame]

You mean be like you and believe everyone is helpless?

What I said in that last post is absolutely true.

No I just acknowledge that obstacles exist in life and sometimes those obstacles are hard to get over. I also acknowledge that some people have less obstacles in life than others.

You, like a 6 year old, keep repeating anyone can be anything! Everyone can be a millionaire if they just really really want it. Which is a childlike way of viewing the world

Actually, it is a realistic view of life in a capitalistic system. A sixteen year old boy can become a multi-millionaire, just because he looks good and can sing. The vast majority of sixteen year old boys do not become millionaires, even though some look good and can sing. Who do we condemn for that disparity?

Athletes make millions of dollars because they can throw, kick, catch or bat a ball. Movie stars make multi-millions for a single film. Yes, hard work, but mostly the fact that they were blessed at birth with talent. I never hear any of you loons getting your panties in a wad over their income or wealth.

But, a CEO who spent 6 to 8 years in college, and worked his way up through the corporate world, is somehow evil because he/she earns millions of dollars.

What you fail to realize is that life is the overcoming of obstacles, and real people do not value where you end up, but how well you fought the battle to get there. Shallow people value worth in dollars and cents, the house you live in, and the class of car you drive. I pity those people because they will never experience real happiness. I pity all of you who spend your time envying those with wealth.

That's always the right wing ending. You guys have all this envy. It's more like, when a handful of people have more wealth than several million people do, and are able to buy politicians to pass laws to favor them, then it's time to suspect that something is rotten in the state of denmark.

No I just acknowledge that obstacles exist in life and sometimes those obstacles are hard to get over. I also acknowledge that some people have less obstacles in life than others.

You, like a 6 year old, keep repeating anyone can be anything! Everyone can be a millionaire if they just really really want it. Which is a childlike way of viewing the world

Actually, it is a realistic view of life in a capitalistic system. A sixteen year old boy can become a multi-millionaire, just because he looks good and can sing. The vast majority of sixteen year old boys do not become millionaires, even though some look good and can sing. Who do we condemn for that disparity?

Athletes make millions of dollars because they can throw, kick, catch or bat a ball. Movie stars make multi-millions for a single film. Yes, hard work, but mostly the fact that they were blessed at birth with talent. I never hear any of you loons getting your panties in a wad over their income or wealth.

But, a CEO who spent 6 to 8 years in college, and worked his way up through the corporate world, is somehow evil because he/she earns millions of dollars.

What you fail to realize is that life is the overcoming of obstacles, and real people do not value where you end up, but how well you fought the battle to get there. Shallow people value worth in dollars and cents, the house you live in, and the class of car you drive. I pity those people because they will never experience real happiness. I pity all of you who spend your time envying those with wealth.

That's always the right wing ending. You guys have all this envy. It's more like, when a handful of people have more wealth than several million people do, and are able to buy politicians to pass laws to favor them, then it's time to suspect that something is rotten in the state of denmark.

No law ever stopped me from saving money.

And I'm not a "conservative" nor a republican.

I'm just a guy who has been saving money consistently even I'll admit obsessively since I was 15.

No rich guy or politician has ever passed a law that prevented me from earning more saving more or investing my money wherever i wanted.

And no one is stopping you.

It's more like, when a handful of people have more wealth than several million people do, and are able to buy politicians to pass laws to favor them, then it's time to suspect that something is rotten in the state of denmark.

So, you're against those crony politicians meddling outside of their enumerated powers in exchange for campaign contributions from wealthy donors?

Excellent!

Tell me then, why do you keep voting for them?

Pre-constitution consisting of the states between 1881-1887. Weak federal government that really doesn't do nothing. :badgrin: America would be a backwards asshole on this planet if he got his way!

You remind me of this genius, only she thinks the Constitution is 400 years old. You're both dumb as rocks.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSOdQq6pSPE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSOdQq6pSPE[/ame]

LOL,

The constitution was created on September 17, 1787 and put into effect on June 21, 1788. Pre-constitution was a little paper called the arctles of confederation! Now learn something or shut the fuck up, assholes!

LOL,

The constitution was created on September 17, 1787 and put into effect on June 21, 1788. Pre-constitution was a little paper called the arctles of confederation! Now learn something or shut the fuck up, assholes!

Hold on there buckaroo! You said "Pre-constitution consisting of the states between 1881-1887". Everyone knows about the Articles of Confederation, but that's not what you said.

You should have quit while you were ahead.

The ocean has millions of times more water than I have in my refrigerator, but the only water that affects me is the water in my refrigerator. Should i envy the ocean, or those who live at or on the ocean?

I have what I have, and you have what you have, and neither of us are affected positively, or negatively, because of what someone else has.

The fact that very rich people can buy politicians is real. But the blame is only partly the responsibility of the rich people, and more ours for allowing politicians to sell favors to rich people. You are working the wrong side of the stream.

The biggest problem of income inequality is turning the US into a third world country.

Ok...I'll bite....
How so?
Explain......Give factual examples.
Spare us the lib talking points regarding executive pay, the bygone days of the 90% income tax bracket and the disappearing middle class...
Have at it.

Thanks for making my point, but I'll go one further. Decreased middle class spending.

How much of your income are you willing to give up to help solve income inequality?

Nobody has to give up income.

Here's the answer:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

How much of your income are you willing to give up to help solve income inequality?

Here's the answer:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

And thereby ensure that the most vulnerable among us are ABSOLUTELY prevented from getting a job. Fuck the young guy trying to get experience! To hell with the simple man whose skills do not warrant your government imposed price control on wages. Screw the old man hoping to stay engaged in the world! You know better...:doubt:

Oh, and you can expect higher retail prices for the very items the people you're trying to help are most likely to buy. And, you can expect far fewer jobs as businesses now have the financial incentive to outsource overseas and/or replace basic workers with technology.

Well done...

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

But keep the corporate tax rate the same? Yea, pass. We already have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Making corporations pay even more will mean even fewer jobs.

Is your goal to get EVERYONE on the dole??? If so, you're off to a great start.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

Because SS isn't already broke. My God man, who do you think pays for this shit?

You do realize that SS was originally intended for widows that had lived past their life expectancy, right? What makes you think SS should be a retirement plan?

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

Stalin would be proud of you. What in the fuck makes you think the US government has the power to dictate the price of goods and services? Exactly which enumerated power gives them that right?

Jesus man, you are one die hard collectivist. Rock on comrade...:cuckoo:

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

And an isolationist to boot!

Wow, just wow.

The closest thing to what you espouse is North Korea. How's that working out for them?

Here's the answer:

And thereby ensure that the most vulnerable among us are ABSOLUTELY prevented from getting a job. Fuck the young guy trying to get experience! To hell with the simple man whose skills do not warrant your government imposed price control on wages. Screw the old man hoping to stay engaged in the world! You know better...:doubt:

Oh, and you can expect higher retail prices for the very items the people you're trying to help are most likely to buy. And, you can expect far fewer jobs as businesses now have the financial incentive to outsource overseas and/or replace basic workers with technology.

Well done...

But keep the corporate tax rate the same? Yea, pass. We already have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Making corporations pay even more will mean even fewer jobs.

Because SS isn't already broke. My God man, who do you think pays for this shit?

You do realize that SS was originally intended for widows that had lived past their life expectancy, right? What makes you think SS should be a retirement plan?

Stalin would be proud of you. What in the fuck makes you think the US government has the power to dictate the price of goods and services? Exactly which enumerated power gives them that right?

Wow, just wow.

The closest thing to what you espouse is North Korea. How's that working out for them?
I can't decide if that was the stupidest thing or the funniest I have seen here recently.

Here's the answer:

Well done...

Wow, just wow.

If you had taken economics you'd understand that all my plan does is put corporate tax (10% of the total collected by the government) directly into the pocket of workers to spend. Each $1.00 workers spend puts $1.70 directly into the economy.

For small business, jobs will become more than plentiful since most employees will cost the company zero.

The corporate tax rate will be moot since employee expenses are deducted dollar-for-dollar. For instances, if you have a $50k tax liability and $60k in employee expenses, your tax bill is zero and you receive a $10k subsidy.

Your Social Security issue is moot. You'll have tens of millions paying hundreds of millions into the system.

Here's the answer:

Well done...

Wow, just wow.

I can't decide if that was the stupidest thing or the funniest I have seen here recently.

You don't understand what happens when you put hundreds of millions into the economy per month? Really?

Then by all means, explain to us in your own words why a board of directors would pay more for leadership than they need to, thereby hurting their own financial interests and creating a competitive disadvantage for the company they oversee.

The floor is yours...

That's a good question. You'd have to be pretty naive to think there aren't completely competent people who would work for much less. They all must be working together.

So you've got nothing. Got it.

So you don't know well educated, smart, and competent people who could be ceo of a company that wouldn't work for under a million a year? I'm in the business world and I have met many.

Do you know what an "income tax" is?

If the top 5% are collecting that much of our nations available income, you bet your ass that is fair

I asked if you think its fair that 50% pay no income tax, and in fact many have a negative income tax due to EIC.

What specific things would you do to take income from the top earners and GIVE it to the lower 50%?

raising taxes will do nothing but drive successful people out of this country, you fricken libtards are determined to punish the job creators, because of your insane jealousy of their success.

Why are the rich leaving California and New York? Any idea, Norton? Puniative taxation, thats why.

The rich are leaving America also. Romney lives in the Cayman islands, Corporate person Apple lives in Ireland. Poor babies, let's take up a collection for them, the daily commute must kill them. Oh, never mind, they don't really live there, they're just are allowed to claim those residences for tax purposes. Wonder if an ordinary income guy can do that.

lol..... dude... that's *MY* point.

You are making my point.

Rich people can leave. They have the resources to do that.

When you drive up taxes..... the wealthy leave. Why do you think Rush Limbaugh moved from New York to Florida? Income tax anyone?

Rich French Citizens are Leaving France

Rich in France, leaving France for Switzerland and the UK, to escape 75% tax rate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/us/millionaires-consider-leaving-california-over-taxes.html?_r=0

Rich people leaving California

“It’s definitely the highest in the United States,” said David Kline, a vice president of the California Taxpayers Association, a taxpayers’ advocacy organization. “What we like to point out to people is that there are states with absolutely no personal income tax — so if you moved from California to Florida, and you are in a high-income bracket, you are automatically giving yourself a 13.3 percent raise.”

I'll take a 13.3% raise if I'm wealthy.

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/88901/the-dispossessed

During a recent trip to Bogotá, Colombia, where I’d lived for years, I discovered that the wealthier parts of the city were filling up with an odd sort of super-refugee. The new arrivals were mainly rich Venezuelans fleeing an increasingly chaotic situation in their home country: oil execs booted out by nationalization, industrialists frustrated by the corrupt and now hostile business environment, successful entrepreneurs

Fleeing Venezuela, and the anti rich socialist government there.

Are you seeing a pattern?

Rich people can leave. And they will take their jobs, their wealth, and their companies with them.

Banks Serving Rich Argentines Moving from Bs. As. to Miami and Montevideo ? MercoPress

Argentina is going through this as well, and dozens of American companies are pulling out.

Wells Fargo is about to close its office in Argentina due to a “regional strategic decision,” Tony Matera, the bank's spokesman, was quoted. The bank has a 100 strong staff but “already 14 have accepted moving to Miami”.

100 jobs lost, and 14 of the people are leaving the country to go to Miami. Notice, not California.

See, here's my point.....

If you want to tax the rich, that's fine. But you need to grasp that the rich will leave. You lose, they win.

If you don't tax the rich so much, they will stay and provide jobs, provide wealth, build the economy, and so on. You win, they win.

The rich are going to win either way. The only option you have is whether you win with them, or you lose without them.

When Greece started pushing these tax hikes to combat their insane debt and over spending, hundreds of Greek based companies, pulled out completely. The rich still won.... the poor lost.

That's what we on the right understand. That is why we're against taxes.

If we believed that we could force rich people to just.... pay for everything, and we'd get free everything.... man I'd be in favor of that. I'd love free housing, free food, free cars, free internet, free stuff, free health care, free everything.

The problem is... it doesn't work. The rich are mobile. They can move. They have the money to do that, and we don't.

So you jack up taxes, they pack up their stuff and their wealth, and their jobs, and they leave. Then we're screwed. Now we still don't have free stuff, and now we have no jobs, no products, and no economy either. Your system doesn't work. You just outlined exactly why.

It's what is happening. Why do you think government spending is so high?

Good point I never even thought of it that way.

But if Walmart and McDonalds have republicans defending their low wages then Walmart and McDonalds encourage their employees to get on welfare then we are adding more and more people to the awful welfare that republicans supposedly hate.

Not understanding they are promoting and encouraging the environment that will create bigger govt.

Again, Walmart can't just pay more, or McDonald's. If Walmart becomes more expensive than other stores that pay less, then Walmart goes out of business, and all those 2.2 Million people they employ, are out of work.

Is that better? Same with McDonald's. And by the way, Walmart pays more than most other places.

See, you seem to get this idea that companies have magic money trees that pay wages. They don't. Every single penny that a company has to pay employees, comes from customers.

Are you willing to pay $20 for a burger at McDonalds? Because that's what it's going to cost to pay Employees $20 an hour.

Look at Norway. McDonald's in Norway pays about $15 an hour.

mcdonald-s-storgata.jpg

That's a McDonald's menu from Norway. Notice the price. About $16 for a big mac.

That's how that works. No business can pay employees more money, than the customer is willing to pay for the product or service.

We're not going to McDs to pay $20 for a burger. Thus the McDonald's either closes, or replaces workers with robots.

Is that better? Either way, the workers are unemployed.

How much government welfare and food stamps, are they going to get when they are earning ZERO from being unemployed? Your minimum wage would make the situation much worse, not better.

So our largest corporations can't afford to pay their workers enough to not collect some kind of welfare. Meanwhile all the brilliant execs make millions and millions of dollars. Henry Ford these guys are not. And thanks to this welfare collection the government keeps growing and growing.

So those of you who are cheerleading for the rich, how do you stop the government from growing? How do you balance the budget? Conservatives used to be for small government, but it looks more and more like your just for making the rich richer.

Well done...

Wow, just wow.

You don't understand what happens when you put hundreds of millions into the economy per month? Really?

But it won't. That's the point. You don't grasp that your solution WILL NOT put hundreds of millions into the economy. If we thought it would, then you would have a point. But it won't. You are ignoring other factors that would counter the money put in.

People are not going to invest into the economy unless there is profit to be made. Your position would make profit nearly impossible. Thus there will not be any hundreds of millions of investment into the economy.

Forum List

Back