1. Increase dividends......good idea
2. Raise the salary of the CEO......he deserves it
3. Increase employee pay......fuck em

Become a CEO and change that practice.
Yer smart, what's holding you back?

So CEOs are only looking for the benefits of stockholders and themselves

As usual....the workers are fucked

The reason trickle down never works

Not everyone is on the first team and they all shouldn't receive trophies.

I work hard not to be a bench warmer.

You and the left should as well

-Geaux

YOu may not have suggested a violent uprising, but you would condone it.
BTW, are you unsatisfied with your career?

No, actually, I don't condone violence. I'm stating a fact, that's it. Information is not advocacy. When the income inequality becomes too great, violence is the result. Let history be your guide.

I happen to love both my careers, my previous one in the military and my career now, thanks for asking.

What they don't understand is that under our system, violence will not be necessary. If we create too many poor because of stupid economic policy, then eventually there will be so many in the lower rungs that they will vote people into power who will make changes. When that happens, we will see a major shift in taxation so that the super wealthy do not benefit as much as they have, and more opportunity will open up for everyone.

Geez... wasn't that what you limp wrists elected Barry to do? Hmmm... guess he didn't get your memo to include that in his "hope and change" bullshit, did he?

YOu may not have suggested a violent uprising, but you would condone it.
BTW, are you unsatisfied with your career?

No, actually, I don't condone violence. I'm stating a fact, that's it. Information is not advocacy. When the income inequality becomes too great, violence is the result. Let history be your guide.

I happen to love both my careers, my previous one in the military and my career now, thanks for asking.

What they don't understand is that under our system, violence will not be necessary. If we create too many poor because of stupid economic policy, then eventually there will be so many in the lower rungs that they will vote people into power who will make changes. When that happens, we will see a major shift in taxation so that the super wealthy do not benefit as much as they have, and more opportunity will open up for everyone.

Good lord.. Even at this hour that is kind of a dumb idea.

Just saying

-Geaux

Profits are up...what should we do?

1. Increase dividends......good idea
2. Raise the salary of the CEO......he deserves it
3. Increase employee pay......fuck em

They are not fucked they can get another job at a company that treats them better or they can increase their skill set and try to move up in the company that work for now.

Isn;t that what people are supposed to do rather than languishing at the same job?

Good point I never even thought of it that way.

But if Walmart and McDonalds have republicans defending their low wages then Walmart and McDonalds encourage their employees to get on welfare then we are adding more and more people to the awful welfare that republicans supposedly hate.

Not understanding they are promoting and encouraging the environment that will create bigger govt.

Again, Walmart can't just pay more, or McDonald's. If Walmart becomes more expensive than other stores that pay less, then Walmart goes out of business, and all those 2.2 Million people they employ, are out of work.

Is that better? Same with McDonald's. And by the way, Walmart pays more than most other places.

See, you seem to get this idea that companies have magic money trees that pay wages. They don't. Every single penny that a company has to pay employees, comes from customers.

Are you willing to pay $20 for a burger at McDonalds? Because that's what it's going to cost to pay Employees $20 an hour.

Look at Norway. McDonald's in Norway pays about $15 an hour.

mcdonald-s-storgata.jpg

That's a McDonald's menu from Norway. Notice the price. About $16 for a big mac.

That's how that works. No business can pay employees more money, than the customer is willing to pay for the product or service.

We're not going to McDs to pay $20 for a burger. Thus the McDonald's either closes, or replaces workers with robots.

Is that better? Either way, the workers are unemployed.

How much government welfare and food stamps, are they going to get when they are earning ZERO from being unemployed? Your minimum wage would make the situation much worse, not better.

So our largest corporations can't afford to pay their workers enough to not collect some kind of welfare. Meanwhile all the brilliant execs make millions and millions of dollars. Henry Ford these guys are not. And thanks to this welfare collection the government keeps growing and growing.

So those of you who are cheerleading for the rich, how do you stop the government from growing? How do you balance the budget? Conservatives used to be for small government, but it looks more and more like your just for making the rich richer.

The problem is not pay it's that welfare has been made easier to get and people who never would have qualified for it now do.

I'm for the right sized government and the right amount of taxes

the top 5% are paying 40% of the income taxes, the bottom 50% are paying nothing. Is that "fair" ?

The top 10% own more wealth than the bottom 90% combined, is that fair? They own, 90% of the wealth, seems to me, they should be paying 90% of the taxes.

Define wealth.

All wealth is is net worth and you can increase your net worth anytime you want and guess what if your net worth increases there is not a corresponding decrease in someone else's net worth

How do you earn more when there are no jobs out there? There are people already working two and three jobs and not making ends meat. Others who are not working, many of them who worked for 20 or 30 years before being laid off of their job and believe me, at 55, you can't get another job if you have been in the restaurant industry all that time. I have a friend who was in that boat. She finally got a job as a maid and then was fired because she couldn't do 16 rooms in an hour. My sister, 40 years ago was a maid and she only had to do 8 rooms in an hour. They want a lot for their money these days. A 55 year old cannot keep up with an 18 year old no matter how much she tries. Society is just throwing people away. Too young to retire, too old to get work and you're all "They just need to get another job!" You have no idea what's going on out there in the REAL world.

There are countless ways to make money in this country. If you think working for someone else is the only way that's your problem

Healthcare costs are making that very difficult.

You mean because making more will cause you to lose your Obamacare subsidy?

Why do we have to do anything?

If people don't want to get off their asses and do something that's their problem not mine.

Then the government keeps growing.

No it doesn't.

The government grows because people like you think we have to pass laws for every little thing.

No the government grows because people like you cheerlead for the rich and think paying people poorly is ok. You love corporate welfare.

Again, Walmart can't just pay more, or McDonald's. If Walmart becomes more expensive than other stores that pay less, then Walmart goes out of business, and all those 2.2 Million people they employ, are out of work.

Is that better? Same with McDonald's. And by the way, Walmart pays more than most other places.

See, you seem to get this idea that companies have magic money trees that pay wages. They don't. Every single penny that a company has to pay employees, comes from customers.

Are you willing to pay $20 for a burger at McDonalds? Because that's what it's going to cost to pay Employees $20 an hour.

Look at Norway. McDonald's in Norway pays about $15 an hour.

mcdonald-s-storgata.jpg

That's a McDonald's menu from Norway. Notice the price. About $16 for a big mac.

That's how that works. No business can pay employees more money, than the customer is willing to pay for the product or service.

We're not going to McDs to pay $20 for a burger. Thus the McDonald's either closes, or replaces workers with robots.

Is that better? Either way, the workers are unemployed.

How much government welfare and food stamps, are they going to get when they are earning ZERO from being unemployed? Your minimum wage would make the situation much worse, not better.

So our largest corporations can't afford to pay their workers enough to not collect some kind of welfare. Meanwhile all the brilliant execs make millions and millions of dollars. Henry Ford these guys are not. And thanks to this welfare collection the government keeps growing and growing.

So those of you who are cheerleading for the rich, how do you stop the government from growing? How do you balance the budget? Conservatives used to be for small government, but it looks more and more like your just for making the rich richer.

The problem is not pay it's that welfare has been made easier to get and people who never would have qualified for it now do.

So answer my questions.

They are not fucked they can get another job at a company that treats them better or they can increase their skill set and try to move up in the company that work for now.

Isn;t that what people are supposed to do rather than languishing at the same job?

Go to another company that is overpaying the ceo and hosing the employees?

Then the government keeps growing.

No it doesn't.

The government grows because people like you think we have to pass laws for every little thing.

No the government grows because people like you cheerlead for the rich and think paying people poorly is ok. You love corporate welfare.

Oh my! where is the crying towel? the evil rich are dumping on the poor again. Momma government must stop them from hurting people like no-brains357.

Grow the fuck up and get over your jealousy of successful people, do something to make yourself successful rather than begging the govt to bail you out like a sorry little sheep.

you whiners make me sick.

Not everyone is on the first team and they all shouldn't receive trophies.

I work hard not to be a bench warmer.

You and the left should as well

-Geaux

Yes but when the workers are getting hosed so bad they are collecting welfare that is a problem. Our government and debt continue to grow. What would you do about that?

Go to another company that is overpaying the ceo and hosing the employees?

you are pathetic. just a poor little victim, only the nanny in DC can help you because you are too lazy to help yourself.

Forum List

Back