The risk of income inequality

Only to anarchists who still do not accept the fact that they are members of a society

If you want to belong to a collective, move to north korea. The USA is a free democratic republic, what I earn is mine, not everyone's

You are part of "We the People"

We the People function as part of something we like to call....The United States

You don't like it....try North Korea or Somalia

We the people do not individually or collectively "own" the country or its total wealth. Each person owns what he buys or earns. I guess you could say that we collectively own the national parks and other federal properties, but don't hold your breath waiting for your share if one of them is sold.

Being part of a country does not mandate that I share my earnings and my accumulated wealth with you or anyone else unless I choose to.

I asked if you think its fair that 50% pay no income tax, and in fact many have a negative income tax due to EIC.

What specific things would you do to take income from the top earners and GIVE it to the lower 50%?

raising taxes will do nothing but drive successful people out of this country, you fricken libtards are determined to punish the job creators, because of your insane jealousy of their success.

Why are the rich leaving California and New York? Any idea, Norton? Puniative taxation, thats why.

OK..lets look at it this way

U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth,_2007.jpg

40% of our population controls 2 TENTHS of a percent of our nations wealth. That is the population you are complaining so much about

5% of our population controls 61.9% of our wealth. That is the population you believe is oppressed

lets look at it this way, 47% of the country i on some for of entitlement. do they really figure on being in the top earning bracket? I know wealth redistributing libs would like to see that but it doesn't work that way. You don't work, you don't make a lot. thats a fact.

some don't work for wealth, they inherit it (if there is anything left after paying the death tax).

I asked if you think its fair that 50% pay no income tax, and in fact many have a negative income tax due to EIC.

What specific things would you do to take income from the top earners and GIVE it to the lower 50%?

raising taxes will do nothing but drive successful people out of this country, you fricken libtards are determined to punish the job creators, because of your insane jealousy of their success.

Why are the rich leaving California and New York? Any idea, Norton? Puniative taxation, thats why.

40% of our population controls 2 TENTHS of a percent of our nations wealth. That is the population you are complaining so much about

5% of our population controls 61.9% of our wealth. That is the population you believe is oppressed

lets look at it this way, 47% of the country i on some for of entitlement.

According to what? Does poor equal on entitlements?

do they really figure on being in the top earning bracket?

That question doesnt address anything but maybe someones aspirations but not the topic at hand.

I know wealth redistributing libs would like to see that but it doesn't work that way. You don't work, you don't make a lot. thats a fact.

You just said something that cannot be verified, followed by a question that doesnt have anything to do with the topic and ended with the classic dodge "liberals think" strawman.

Last edited:

lets look at it this way, 47% of the country i on some for of entitlement.
According to what? Does poor equal on entitlements?

That question doesnt address anything but maybe someones aspirations but not the topic at hand.

You just said something that cannot be verified, followed by a question that doesnt have anything to do with the topic and ended with the classic dodge "liberals think" strawman.

"liberals think" another oxymoron.

Only to anarchists who still do not accept the fact that they are members of a society

If you want to belong to a collective, move to north korea. The USA is a free democratic republic, what I earn is mine, not everyone's

You are part of "We the People"

We the People function as part of something we like to call....The United States

You don't like it....try North Korea or Somalia

Meaningless leftwing horseshit slogans.

Must be nice to own most of the wealth and get a bunch of poor repubs to believe you are also the victim

Inequality in treatment by government knows no economic limit..

Funny how you and your ilk will scream for equality in treatment when it benefits you or your cause.. but scream for the inequality in treatment for others when it also benefits you or your cause

Again, what point are you making? I bet its just that I'm stupid right. Just quit typing one trick pony

It's a meaningless chart.

Anyone can raise their net worth any time they want.

In fact any family no matter how modest their means initially can over the course of just a couple generations amass quite a fortune.

The fact that people do not do it is not proof that people cannot do it.

Funny how you and your ilk will scream for equality in treatment when it benefits you or your cause.. but scream for the inequality in treatment for others when it also benefits you or your cause

Again, what point are you making? I bet its just that I'm stupid right. Just quit typing one trick pony

In fact any family no matter how modest their means initially can over the course of just a couple generations amass quite a fortune.

I think we agree that CEO pay is too high in many cases. But that is not what has caused our economy to tank and unemployment to remain at 8% or more. CEO pay is not causing the poverty rate to be higher than ever or for more people to be on food stamps than ever before.

This is nothing but another liberal jealousy talking point aimed at taking the focus from obama and his terrible performance.

Do you ever say anything that isnt a variation of "Its all good" or "Anyone can do Anything"?

I think we agree that CEO pay is too high in many cases. But that is not what has caused our economy to tank and unemployment to remain at 8% or more. CEO pay is not causing the poverty rate to be higher than ever or for more people to be on food stamps than ever before.

This is nothing but another liberal jealousy talking point aimed at taking the focus from obama and his terrible performance.

So when its a company practice at Walmart and McDonalds to encourage their employees to get on welfare that company isnt doing anything to increase the number of people on welfare?

Srsly?

Do you ever say anything that isnt a variation of "Its all good" or "Anyone can do Anything"?

You mean be like you and believe everyone is helpless?

What I said in that last post is absolutely true.

If Earth was populated by Christian Saints everything would be hunky-dory', but it's not. Its populated by Human Beings and Human Beings are hard wired for 'survival of the fittest'. No Progressive ideology is going to change that, not in a zillion years. It's entwined in the Democrat Party no less than the Republican Party. It's the Human way.

No matter the ideology, in the core it's all the same. The Democrats are just more dishonest about it. they try to claim the 'high ground' while at the same time their elected leaders are the richest in Congress and many got that way after being elected to go to Washington and equalize things. It's all a farce!!

You poor little whining Progressive Liberals are nothing more than pawns in the grand scheme of things.

lets look at it this way, 47% of the country i on some for of entitlement. do they really figure on being in the top earning bracket? I know wealth redistributing libs would like to see that but it doesn't work that way. You don't work, you don't make a lot. thats a fact.

That is what having 0.2% of the nations wealth will get you

No I just acknowledge that obstacles exist in life and sometimes those obstacles are hard to get over. I also acknowledge that some people have less obstacles in life than others.

You, like a 6 year old, keep repeating anyone can be anything! Everyone can be a millionaire if they just really really want it. Which is a childlike way of viewing the world

another thing the libs don't understand---wealth and income are not the same thing.

But I do think that some CEO pay is out of line when salary, bonus, stock grants and options, and other fringes like cars are considered.

The question then becomes: if CEO pay was limited would the difference be shared equally with every employee or would the shareholders get it as dividends?

None of this is ever as clear as fools like RW want to make it.

Because it's not a problem. The only reason people care about what someone else is paid, is because they are greedy and envious.

People like me, who are not greedy or envious, are not worried about what someone else makes.

As long as I am getting paid what I should, and I'm doing better today than I was yesterday, that's all that matters.

If Warren Buffet today, was kicked out of Berkshire Hathaway, and end up a Walmart greeter..... how would that benefit me? It wouldn't.

If Warren Buffet were to double his income today.... how would that harm me? It wouldn't.

The only reason I would ever care about how much Warren Buffet was making, is if I became greedy and envious, and didn't like others doing better than me.

Short of that, it doesn't matter.

And CEO pay logically should increase, if the company is doing better. That doesn't mean that every individual employee going to do better.

Let's say that I own a store. The store earns a small by consistent profit. Netting me $3,000 a month. That's after all wages are paid, upkeep is paid, and maintenance is paid. Everything.

I save up money and open another store. The new store is exactly like the old store, netting me $3,000 a month.

Can I pay my employees more? No. Each store makes it's own profit, pays it's own wages, pays it's costs and so on. If I increased the pay, my profit would be gone, and I wouldn't bother running the store. I'd close it.

So I save up more money, and open store after store. With each new store, my income goes up.

But each employee wage is exactly the same, because each store has the same financials.

So I open 1,000 stores, making $3,000,000 a month, for $36 Million a year income. Each individual store, still has the exact same financials.

If you limit pay, so that I can't earn more by opening another store.... then I wouldn't do it.

If you said I could only earn a max of $1 Million a year, at 27 stores, I would max out my income. Opening another store, I would not be able to earn anything off it.

Tell me... if you are investing into something, would you invest into anything that you can't earn any money off of?

Of course not.

So those 973 stores that I would have built, I'm not going to. The thousands on thousands of jobs I would have created, I won't. All those products people would have been able to buy, they can't. And the country as a whole, is less wealthy than it would have been.

That's how limiting CEO pay works. If there is no benefit to growing the company in the form of higher pay, why bother? If there is no benefit to providing more jobs, why do it? If there is not benefit to producing more products, why risk it?

I don't see a problem with CEO pay. Mike Duke of Walmart got paid $17 Million.... yeah.... and he provides 2.2 MILLION jobs, and he sells $476 billion dollars worth of product to customers who want it.

There are few if any other companies creating as many job, and providing as much goods, as Walmart. Is that not worth some money to the CEO? I think it is. I like Walmart. I go there. They have good prices.

If Earth was populated by Christian Saints everything would be hunky-dory', but it's not. Its populated by Human Beings and Human Beings are hard wired for 'survival of the fittest'. No Progressive ideology is going to change that, not in a zillion years. It's entwined in the Democrat Party no less than the Republican Party. It's the Human way.

No matter the ideology, in the core it's all the same. The Democrats are just more dishonest about it. they try to claim the 'high ground' while at the same time their elected leaders are the richest in Congress and many got that way after being elected to go to Washington and equalize things. It's all a farce!!

You poor little whining Progressive Liberals are nothing more than pawns in the grand scheme of things.

Why are you against rich dems and against them wanting to do something about income inequality? How could you be against both things?

Lets say the dems are all playing pretend and they dont really want those things that they pass. The reality is that they passed those laws and whether or not they "really like them" is besides the point, right?

No I just acknowledge that obstacles exist in life and sometimes those obstacles are hard to get over. I also acknowledge that some people have less obstacles in life than others.

You, like a 6 year old, keep repeating anyone can be anything! Everyone can be a millionaire if they just really really want it. Which is a childlike way of viewing the world

But the point is anyone can be a millionaire eventually. Just because you think there are obstacles that can't be overcome does not negate the fact.

Compound interest over time is a simple concept.

Anyone and I do mean anyone starting from the age of 16 can save 100 dollars a month.

I read a book when I was 16 that changed my life.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Richest-Man-Babylon-Ancients/dp/1607960664"]http://www.amazon.com/The-Richest-Man-Babylon-Ancients/dp/1607960664[/ame]

My boss at the restaurant gave it to me. i was stupid enough, gullible enough to follow the advice in that book because the one man I respected in the world at that time told me and showed me that it worked.

It's simple and anyone can follow it.

I have given that book to people and they sound just like you.

"That won't work"
"No one can do that"
"You're stupid if you believe that"

And they're all still living pay check to pay check.

So why on earth would anyone listen to them or you for that matter?

If a family committed to a unified strategy of saving and investment using tools like a family trust by the time the originators of the plan had grandchildren reaching adulthood and if every family member born in that time contributed even 100 a month (10% of gross income would be better of course) from the time they turned 18 the trust would be worth millions of dollars and the family would be wealthy in just 2 generations

All for a few people committing to 100 dollars a month to their future.

Last edited:
Inequality is in the mind. Would you rather have a nine inch dick with three dollars in your wallet...or a three inch dick with nine dollars in your wallet? Really.

Actually, it is a realistic view of life in a capitalistic system. A sixteen year old boy can become a multi-millionaire, just because he looks good and can sing. The vast majority of sixteen year old boys do not become millionaires, even though some look good and can sing. Who do we condemn for that disparity?

Athletes make millions of dollars because they can throw, kick, catch or bat a ball. Movie stars make multi-millions for a single film. Yes, hard work, but mostly the fact that they were blessed at birth with talent. I never hear any of you loons getting your panties in a wad over their income or wealth.

But, a CEO who spent 6 to 8 years in college, and worked his way up through the corporate world, is somehow evil because he/she earns millions of dollars.

What you fail to realize is that life is the overcoming of obstacles, and real people do not value where you end up, but how well you fought the battle to get there. Shallow people value worth in dollars and cents, the house you live in, and the class of car you drive. I pity those people because they will never experience real happiness. I pity all of you who spend your time envying those with wealth.

Forum List

Back