The Rittenhouse Verdict

He had just killed someone ,

In self defense.
the two that went after him tried to stop pimple boy from killing more people.

Because they likely did not know that it was in self defense.
You can't argue that. Won't wash in my world. They should have stopped going after this killer why?

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have gone after him, I’m saying they went after him and assaulted him and he probably had no idea why they were after him or why they assaulted him so he defended himself. Cause and effect.

Seeing as he hadn’t even fired his weapon when your beloved domestic abuser and pedophile assaulted him, your point (whatever it is) is moot. By the way, “lefty” couldn’t legally have that gun in the first place. Funny that never gets mentioned.
Pimple boy couldn't legally have a the gun he had.

In self defense.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have gone after him, I’m saying they went after him and assaulted him and he probably had no idea why they were after him or why they assaulted him so he defended himself. Cause and effect.
"he probably had no idea why" Rediculous ,He had just shot and killed a guy with fours shots to the body , two being in the back.

In self defense.

"I’m not saying they shouldn’t have gone after him,"Right, like I said Gaige Grosskreutz should have shot pimple boy before he killed the next guy and shot Grosskreutz himslelf , Then they could have found Gaige Grosskreutz not guilty instead and he wouldn't have been shot and the other guy wouldn't be dead . Just pimple boy, That's justice , right?

You know what’s ironic about this? If they had not chased and assaulted Rittenhouse, there wouldn’t have been two more people shot. Rosenbaum would be the only one.
No if Gaige Grosskreutz would have shot Pimple boy then he himself wouldn't have been shot and the other guy killed . Just pimple boy dead in the street. Better justice.

"I’m not saying they shouldn’t have gone after him,"Right, like I said Gaige Grosskreutz should have shot pimple boy before he killed the next guy and shot Grosskreutz himslelf , Then they could have found Gaige Grosskreutz not guilty instead and he wouldn't have been shot and the other guy wouldn't be dead . Just pimple boy, That's justice , right?
What?

The point being that people shout "self defense", when it's anything but.
I’ve seen the videos and it was a clear case of self defense.

The allusion and comparison to the Southpark episode is not apt because Rosenbaum chased Rittenhouse and Rittenhouse was trying to get away from him. You do know that Rosenbaum chased Rittenhouse, yes?

As for the other two, they chased Rittenhouse as well and actually assaulted him. So, once again, he fired in self defense.

No if Gaige Grosskreutz would have shot Pimple boy then he himself wouldn't have been shot and the other guy killed . Just pimple boy dead in the street. Better justice.

It shows an utter lack of character and class on your part to repeatedly refer to Rittenhouse as "pimple boy".

I think the jury reached the right decision. I believe this was self-defense.

With that said, I still have an issue with wannabe vigilantes putting themselves in bad situations that result in people needlessly getting killed: George Zimmerman, the McMichaels, Kyle Rittenhouse.

They all put themselves into situations that they didn’t need to be involved in, then needed to defend themselves, and then killed someone. It’s just sloppy and dangerous.

We don’t need regular people thinking they’re Batman out there fighting crime. Just let the police handle it.

He doesn’t understand how to mind his own business and keep his nose out if other people’s business. That is a MAJOR Moral failing in my mind.
If I’m ever present in a situation where thugs are rioting and committing arson, I’d stick *my* nose in. Guess I’m just immoral like that.

But even if you don’t agree with that, it’s a moot point. He was defending himself against people who attacked him

I’ve seen the videos and it was a clear case of self defense.

The allusion and comparison to the Southpark episode is not apt because Rosenbaum chased Rittenhouse and Rittenhouse was trying to get away from him. You do know that Rosenbaum chased Rittenhouse, yes?

As for the other two, they chased Rittenhouse as well and actually assaulted him. So, once again, he fired in self defense.

What is a "clear case of self defense"?

Rosenbaum, for example, threw a bag at Rittenhouse.

A bag. Was Rittenhouse in danger from a dude throwing a bag?

But the thing here is on what scale do you describe "self defense"?

If you go to a place where you know there's going to be a fight, are you defending yourself? Or is your confrontation in itself a lack of self defense? Had Rittenhouse not wanted to have been hurt, he could have stayed in his own state.

I think for people who see self defense as justifiable in almost any circumstance, then they'll see self defense here. For those who see self defense as requiring it to be justifiable and a last resort, they won't see it as self defense.

What is a "clear case of self defense"?

Rosenbaum, for example, threw a bag at Rittenhouse.

A bag. Was Rittenhouse in danger from a dude throwing a bag?

That’s not when he was shot. He was shot when he tried to take Rittenhouse’s gun from him.
But the thing here is on what scale do you describe "self defense"?

If you go to a place where you know there's going to be a fight, are you defending yourself?

Conflation. Neither Rittenhouse nor anyone else “knew” there was going to be violence.
Or is your confrontation in itself a lack of self defense? Had Rittenhouse not wanted to have been hurt, he could have stayed in his own state.

If Rosenbaum, Huber and Grosskreutz had not wanted to get involved in vandalism and arson, they would have stayed home.

And the fact that Rittenhouse was from out of state is a moot point. Many of the rioters there and in other riots around the country over the last two years did not live in the cities or states where the riots took place.
I think for people who see self defense as justifiable in almost any circumstance, then they'll see self defense here. For those who see self defense as requiring it to be justifiable and a last resort, they won't see it as self defense.

Again, conflation. There’s no reason to assume that if one sees self defense in this case then he would see self defense in any and every case.

Forum List

Back