The Russian ban on EU agricultural products – 12 months on

ESay

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2015
On 6 August 2014, Moscow announced an embargo on imports of a range of agricultural products from the EU, applicable from 7 August. One year on, it is clear that the EU agri-food sector has been remarkably resilient. In most regions, most of the affected sectors have been able to find alternative markets, either within the EU or beyond. Whereas Russia accounted for 10% of EU agri-food exports in 2013 (and the products banned amounted to 4 %), the value of overall exports have increased by 5 % from August 2014 to May 2015, compared to the same period of the previous year (these are the most recent available figures).

Major gains have been achieved in the value of exports of agri-food products to the USA, China, Switzerland and other key Asian outlets, such as Hong Kong and South Korea, but also on most other world markets.

Among the banned products, meat has done particularly well by actually increasing exports. Exports of dairy and fruit and vegetables have gone down by 10 % and 12 % respectively, which is not surprising given the significant volumes that previously went to Russia, but the value of exports to non-EU markets (excluding Russia) has increased considerably.

The Russian ban on EU agricultural products 12 months on - Agriculture and rural development

Another lie.
Most Americans have never been in Russia. you can write without fear.

She says Western sanctions against Russia have already fuelled inflation and helped push more people into poverty.

So nobody push. Obama is all of us have driven to the stone age. Yesterday I ate my dog. I do not know that to eat tomorrow =))) Economics torn to shreds. =))))))))))))))

Last edited:
Poor ukrainians. Russia imposed its sanctions not to harm somebody, but to defend its own producers. So, it doesn't matter what is going on in EU's agri-food sector.

In Ukraine people usually think in another way, e.g. how to make harm to others, even in the case of self-destruction, so they hardly understand the motives of Russia.

Poor ukrainians. Russia imposed its sanctions not to harm somebody, but to defend its own producers. So, it doesn't matter what is going on in EU's agri-food sector.

Really? So, Russia thinks it is quite agreeable to impose sanctions only to defend its own producers? Okay.
Could you say how many times Russian official have said about Russia being a reliable partner?

In Ukraine people usually think in another way, e.g. how to make harm to others, even in the case of self-destruction, so they hardly understand the motives of Russia.

Exactly! I have always said that the Russians should be grateful to the US for the coup in Kiev. Imagine that if this had never happened, it would be quite possible that such miserable people would be in the Russia-led union now.

Exactly! I have always said that the Russians should be grateful to the US for the coup in Kiev. Imagine that if this had never happened, it would be quite possible that such miserable people would be in the Russia-led union now.
Absolutely agree. And most of Russians never wanted Ukraine to be in the union. Еspecially today.
Really? So, Russia thinks it is quite agreeable to impose sanctions only to defend its own producers? Okay.
Of course yes.

Could you say how many times Russian official have said about Russia being a reliable partner?
I don't count. Think that Ukrainians know more about russian government than Russians themselves.

Forum List

Back