The Sad Misguided Life of George Carlin. He was NOT a genius, and NOT a hero.

I liked Carlin because mercilessly lampooned Christian idiocy. Like the shit Mushmouth posts on here all the time.
Carlin couldn't possible have been wrong.. Why? What's so great about him that you believe him over M-mont?

Didn't MM interact w/ you? Did Carlin ever do that?

Then there is this: Why do you believe Carlin over Jesus?

just wondering.. I always wonder how it ispeople come to their religious beliefs. Don't say you have none because everyone has them.. Everyone is created in God's image

Carlin couldn't possible have been wrong.. Why? What's so great about him that you believe him over M-mont?

Didn't MM interact w/ you? Did Carlin ever do that?

Then there is this: Why do you believe Carlin over Jesus?

just wondering.. I always wonder how it ispeople come to their religious beliefs. Don't say you have none because everyone has them.. Everyone is created in God's image

My religious beliefs were not formed by listening to Carlin. My sense of humor certainly did. But not my religious beliefs.

Yes, Mashie interacted with me. But he did not do so in any sort of constructive way. He has been hostile to any beliefs but his own, including interpretive things that are Christian. He has been condescending and narcissistic. I understand that people have different beliefs. Mashie demands everyone follow his.

I was once very active in church, and had a deep faith. I will not discuss why I moved away from religion. But I did not do so out of ignorance.

My religious beliefs were not formed by listening to Carlin. My sense of humor certainly did. But not my religious beliefs.

Yes, Mashie interacted with me. But he did not do so in any sort of constructive way. He has been hostile to any beliefs but his own, including interpretive things that are Christian. He has been condescending and narcissistic. I understand that people have different beliefs. Mashie demands everyone follow his.

I was once very active in church, and had a deep faith. I will not discuss why I moved away from religion. But I did not do so out of ignorance.
you admit you were ignorant.. to move away? What religion? I don't know.. not many details here so I don't know what I'm dealing with in responding..

I don't see where MM did a bad job or was not constructive? But anyhow... if you could answer highlighted..

you admit you were ignorant.. to move away? What religion? I don't know.. not many details here so I don't know what I'm dealing with in responding..

I don't see where MM did a bad job or was not constructive? But anyhow... if you could answer highlighted..

No, I said "But I did not do so out of ignorance"

I think it should be noted that I am not anti-religion. I will fight for everyone's right to worship. What I will fight against is any religion attempting to insert itself into gov't or to create laws based solely on religious dogma.

If you had had a deep faith, you wouldn't have left it. People generally leave because they don't want to follow the Church's exacting rules; they want to do what they want.

As far as interaction, you don't really converse in a constructive way; you simply make combative comments in order to keep the interaction going. This is why you always have to have the last word, the last comment.

If you had had a deep faith, you wouldn't have left it. People generally leave because they don't want to follow the Church's exacting rules; they want to do what they want.

As far as interaction, you don't really converse in a constructive way; you simply make combative comments in order to keep the interaction going. This is why you always have to have the last word, the last comment.

You have no idea why I left the church. Pretending that you do is just ridiculous.

I do converse. I give examples and even posted a video of Carlin making a great point while still being hilarious. He does not appear to be drunk or on drugs, and he uses far less profanity than most comedians. You couldn't even be bothered to watch it.

You have no idea why I left the church. Pretending that you do is just ridiculous.

I do converse. I give examples and even posted a video of Carlin making a great point while still being hilarious. He does not appear to be drunk or on drugs, and he uses far less profanity than most comedians. You couldn't even be bothered to watch it.
You left because you didn't want to follow the rules or because somebody made you mad. You didn't analyze the beliefs and say "You know? I think the belief of Stalin and Mao has some merit." Atheists act like they sit down and carefully weigh all belief systems and the results each would have on their lives if they followed it. In reality, they just decide. "I'm done with all this difficult exacting stuff. I want to do what I want."

You left because you didn't want to follow the rules or because somebody made you mad. You didn't analyze the beliefs and say "You know? I think the belief of Stalin and Mao has some merit"

Once again, you show your arrogance and ignorance at the same time. The rules were not the reason I left at all. I had no problem following the rules.

And you know this how? Please share with us how you know this?

Let me save you the trouble. You don't know. And any claims to the contrary are simply you lying.
I thought you said you were living with a girlfriend.

I thought you said you were living with a girlfriend.

Legally, yes. She and I had our own commitment ceremony. We even had a member of the clergy (our friend) there. What we did not do is ask the gov't for permission or a license.

Are we playing 'What rules does WinterBorn break?'.

I have told you that my leaving the church and the faith were not because of any rules.

You left because you didn't want to follow the rules or because somebody made you mad. You didn't analyze the beliefs and say "You know? I think the belief of Stalin and Mao has some merit." Atheists act like they sit down and carefully weigh all belief systems and the results each would have on their lives if they followed it. In reality, they just decide. "I'm done with all this difficult exacting stuff. I want to do what I want."

I have repeatedly said that the rules were not a factor in my decision. But you dismiss that out of hand.

I find it funny that when I said I was raised in the church and was very active in it, you believed me without a moment's hesitation. And when I said I left the church, you believed that right away. When I said I lived with my girlfriend, you believed me without giving me the 3rd degree.

But when I say I did not leave because of the rules, suddenly YOU know more about my reasons than I do, and you demand answers to question after question.

Wouldn't it be easier to just take me at my word? It doesn't effect you either way.

And you know this how? Please share with us how you know this?

Let me save you the trouble. You don't know. And any claims to the contrary are simply you lying.
You may apologize at any time for calling me a liar. I guess you forgot you blabbed about your personal life on here.

You may apologize at any time for calling me a liar. I guess you forgot you blabbed about your personal life on here.

I called you a liar because you claimed you know why I left the church. You don't. Whatever bits of my personal life I may have spoken about does not change that fact.

Forum List

Back