The Sad Misguided Life of George Carlin. He was NOT a genius, and NOT a hero.

1. Nobody forced anybody to read the Ten Commandments. Don't like it, look away.
2. Blue laws are no different than minimum wage or forced paid maternity leave, and you're fine with both those things, right?
3. No different than those who demand we become an atheist nation, except Christian laws are much better for people.

It was not about being forced to read the 10 Commandments. It was about having a 2 ton granite monument of them, and not allowing any other things in the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Courthouse.

Blue laws are written to force people to close their businesses on Christian days of worship. Regardless of the beliefs of the owners or the customers. Minimum wage and maternity leave are to protect the workers.

The demand is for the US to follow the US Constitution. And whether the laws are better depends on who you are.

It was not about being forced to read the 10 Commandments. It was about having a 2 ton granite monument of them, and not allowing any other things in the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Courthouse.

Blue laws are written to force people to close their businesses on Christian days of worship. Regardless of the beliefs of the owners or the customers. Minimum wage and maternity leave are to protect the workers.

The demand is for the US to follow the US Constitution. And whether the laws are better depends on who you are.
1. How does it hurt you having the Ten Commandments posted?
2. Blue laws helped workers by giving them a day off to be with their families. Minimum wage harms the lowest-skilled workers by forcing businesses to lay them off.
3. Sometimes the Constitution is wrong and has to be amended, as with the 3/5 human provision for blacks. Or do you think that clause should have remained?

You do that. You have demanded that the US violate the 1st amendment so that YOUR religion is adopted as the state religion. Not just Christianity, but Catholicism.
Christianity is a much better alternative than the atheism you are pushing for the government.

1. How does it hurt you having the Ten Commandments posted?
2. Blue laws helped workers by giving them a day off to be with their families. Minimum wage harms the lowest-skilled workers by forcing businesses to lay them off.
3. Sometimes the Constitution is wrong and has to be amended, as with the 3/5 human provision for blacks. Or do you think that clause should have remained?

A courthouse must be fair minded. That is one of the most critical facets of the entire justice system. Having that monument there showed it was not. It was biased towards Judeo-Christians and against all others.

Blue laws are inherently biased towards Christians.

Yes, sometimes there are mistakes made. Those mistakes can be rectified via a constitutional amendment. But the 1st amendment is not wrong. I guarantees that all citizens are treated equally.

Christianity is a much better alternative than the atheism you are pushing for the government.

Once again, you confuse being secular with being atheist. They are not the same thing. The "atheist countries" you talk about have outlawed religion. The US does not.

1. Nobody forced anybody to read the Ten Commandments. Don't like it, look away.
2. Blue laws are no different than minimum wage or forced paid maternity leave, and you're fine with both those things, right?
3. No different than those who demand we become an atheist nation, except Christian laws are much better for people.
Except that Blue laws discriminate.

A courthouse must be fair minded. That is one of the most critical facets of the entire justice system. Having that monument there showed it was not. It was biased towards Judeo-Christians and against all others.

Blue laws are inherently biased towards Christians.

Yes, sometimes there are mistakes made. Those mistakes can be rectified via a constitutional amendment. But the 1st amendment is not wrong. I guarantees that all citizens are treated equally.
1. Christian principles help everyone regardless of their religion or non religion.
2. Repealing blue laws are biased towards atheists. How is that better?
3. Ah, so you're picking and choosing which parts of the Constitution you like now? Shifting the goalposts once you've been called out, aren't you? Odd for a self-described Constitutionalist.

Guys, it's pretty clear I've won this debate. I'm going to declare this point closed for now, as it is an attempt to hijack my thread. Any further comments will be ignored. If you want to talk about Carlin, that's fine.

Last edited:
1. Christian principles help everyone regardless of their religion or non religion.
3. Ah, so you're picking and choosing which parts of the Constitution you like now? Shifting the goalposts once you've been called out, aren't you? Odd for a self-described Constitutionalist.
Christian prin iplea are of no use to non Christians.

Blue laws are discriminatory

1. Some Christian principles do that. But people of other religions and faiths certainly should not see the court favoring Christianity over any other faith. And having the 10 Commandments displayed so prominently, while all other displays are forbidden is a clear violation of the 1st amendment.

2. Repealing Blue Laws promote equality among all faiths and those with no religious beliefs.

3. I am not shifting anything. You brought up a biased part of the US Constitution, which was removed. I am not picking and choosing which parts of the US Constitution I like now. Oh, and the 3/5 thing was never about the actual person. It was about counting the population for census purposes.

Guys, it's pretty clear I've won this debate. I'm going to declare this point closed for now, as it is an attempt to hijack my thread. Any further comments will be ignored. If you want to talk about Carlin, that's fine.

You've won this debate? No, that is not clear at all. In fact, I would say you have been grasping at straws to avoid having to admit defeat.

No one is hijacking your thread. I have been discussing the actual topic. If we strayed from that topic it was because I and others addressed thing you said.

I also posted a video of Carlin's work that did not contain enough profanity to matter, and was very topical while being humorous. You cowardly refused to even view it.

The only thing that is clear is that you are mentally ill. The only remaining question is whether it was your religion that did the damage or if it occurs naturally.

I liked Carlin because mercilessly lampooned Christian idiocy. Like the shit Mushmouth posts on here all the time.

Carlin was a drunk druggie which made him a practicing, even devout atheist.

So all drunks are atheists? Wow. Imagine the surprise when I tell a friend of mine who works as a substance abuse counsellor for clergy. Priests can't have sex, but they can sure drink.

Forum List

Back