The sad tomorrow

I used to be sane. I was a veryvsweet kid who loved people I'm an asshole now who can't reconcile his own shortcomings nor my lack of connectivity.m

I'm as obsolete as an Apotasourus; as useless as my own man tits.

Can I just stay drunk and not give a shit, forever?

I do not know you nor do I know the exact facts regarding your son but,
Staying drunk reminds me of

Fuck
Everything
And
Run

You have enough people giving you warm fuzzies so I am just going to be straight with you. You are a father and you have a responsibility to be a sober, responsible father no matter how hard things may be right now. We do not write the script that life hands us, we play a role. You talk about being a man, then be the best man you can be. If feeling sorry for yourself and being drunk serves good purpose then I will buy you a drink. Somehow that does not seem to be a good choice. When you decide that you want to man up and accept help PM me maybe I could be of assistance. If not then I wish you well.

Alex, go eat a box of chocolates.
I'm as obsolete as an Apotasourus; as useless as my own man tits.

Can I just stay drunk and not give a shit, forever?

I do not know you nor do I know the exact facts regarding your son but,
Staying drunk reminds me of

Fuck
Everything
And
Run

You have enough people giving you warm fuzzies so I am just going to be straight with you. You are a father and you have a responsibility to be a sober, responsible father no matter how hard things may be right now. We do not write the script that life hands us, we play a role. You talk about being a man, then be the best man you can be. If feeling sorry for yourself and being drunk serves good purpose then I will buy you a drink. Somehow that does not seem to be a good choice. When you decide that you want to man up and accept help PM me maybe I could be of assistance. If not then I wish you well.

You have no idea, do you even know what the hell your talking about? No, you're some guy on the internet, a noob at that. You have never done the things as a dad or a husband that I have.

Go judge someone else and shove your self righteous indignation up your poop shoot

Mrs. H. works at a rehab/health care facility. A "nursing home" by any other name...

I've been going there to help on occasion (Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc) and am scheduled to be Santa Claus later this month. I guess they like me there as the admin decided to put me on the payroll on an as- needed basis.

Anyhow- I was playing cards with a couple of the residents when "Rob"- out of the blue- decided to tell me his story...

He's in his late 40's. One leg is amputated below the knee, an arm is amputated below the elbow, he has limited function with his "good" hand. Some times I see him just slumped over in his motorized wheelchair sleeping off the meds. (BTW he does play a hell of a game of Rummy LOL)

So about 10 years ago Rob was working on a restore when he needed to fire up the engine. He'd assumed it was in neutral when he reached in and turned the key. The vehicle took off in reverse, out the garage, and straight over his kid.

After burying his son, he buried himself in booze. For years on end. Massive heart attack, diabetes, liver ailments... and the amputations followed. He needs round-the-clock care and in all likelihood he'll grow old and die in that facility. Breaks my heart because he's a super-cool guy.

We can't escape our grief, we can't run away from our sorrows, we can't erase our memories. I've tried, as I have my own brand of demons with which to deal. These are our "dark passengers" (ala Dexter). Sometimes they hitch a ride- these are the difficult moments. Sometimes they're nowhere to be seen- these are the restive moments. Sometimes we reflect on them philosophically- these are the rational moments.

About 20 years ago, when I felt that I had nowhere to turn, I happened to be reading an article within which was quoted an entry from Japanese literature... "Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home". Those few simple words turned it around for me. Why? I can't explain it, but it resonates a comforting truth to me.

Find your comforting truth, because you're not going to rid yourself of the monkey on your back.

Don't end up burying your load along with yourself.

Bitch. :slap:

I used to be sane. I was a veryvsweet kid who loved people I'm an asshole now who can't reconcile his own shortcomings nor my lack of connectivity.m
Listen, you cryptic little son of a bitch.

Did you lose a child, like this thread implies?

If so, we all empathize, especially those of us who have lost children.

If you are attention whoring, those of us who have lost children really resent it.

Man, some of you guys really suck at the bedside!

:)

Um... I'm sorry for your loss brother, but why the big guns¿
Listen, you cryptic little son of a bitch.

Did you lose a child, like this thread implies?

If so, we all empathize, especially those of us who have lost children.

If you are attention whoring, those of us who have lost children really resent it.

You rip scabs off my wounds over losing a child, acting like a fucking attention whore, and I have a bad bedside manner?

You need a bag of ice, a box cutter, and instructions on how to use them without making too much of a mess.

I got no fuckin' sympathy for your pathetic ass at all.

Sometimes people need to vent and let that shit out, especially if there is an anniversary date upcoming or something else that might trigger memories.

Sorry to hear that, so my post #34 could be helpful for you also. When you're feeling like a yo-yo, it helps some people to write their feelings out on paper. It could be in a letter form or in poetry form. Or just writing. Whatever.

So Cabbie, the cute little boy is just leaving your home or your town, right. He didn't pass away... You don't have to tell the whole story but everyone is worried about him. This isn't just idle curiosity or internet crap. He's adorable and we want to know that he's okay.

You should really think about talking with someone, just to have someone to listen. It could be like a huge weight has been lifted off of you, at least temporarily. :) Also, writing your feelings out on paper can be very therapeutic.
Agree. Join a group therapy. Also, please note: you do have a child, even if he isn't with you all the time. He is a gift to you. There are many, many people who have gone through life without the gift of a child. You are one of the fortunate ones. Whatever you do in life, remember that child is linked to you, needs to know you are there for him, needs to be able to think of you with love and respect.

So Cabbie, the cute little boy is just leaving your home or your town, right. He didn't pass away... You don't have to tell the whole story but everyone is worried about him. This isn't just idle curiosity or internet crap. He's adorable and we want to know that he's okay.

I did not tell everyone what happened for a reason. The internet is a very bad place to dump your secrets. Too bad that RR can't understand that.

While I'm unwilling to share the exact details, I will say that Bug is quite alive, but in the hospital.

To everyone exept for the jackasses who showed up to troll, I thank you for your kind words. To the ones trolling;
DONT talk to me for a while.

Last edited:

I did not tell everyone what happened for a reason. The internet is a very bad place to dump your secrets. Too bad that RR can't understand that.

While I'm unwilling to share the exact details, I will say that Bug is quite alive, but in the hospital.

To everyone exept for the jackasses who showed up to troll, I thank you for your kind words. To the ones trolling;
It's okay and thank god he is doing alright. Take care. Give him a million hugs.

Sorry to hear that, so my post #34 could be helpful for you also. When you're feeling like a yo-yo, it helps some people to write their feelings out on paper. It could be in a letter form or in poetry form. Or just writing. Whatever.

Editing because oops, I forgot to quote Roadrunner on this post.
Cabbie is an asshole.

He had me believing he lost his child.

When he said he could not talk about it, note I checked "Agree" because I understood that, assuming he had lost a child.

Later, we find out he DID NOT LOSE A CHILD.

But in the meantime, he made all of us that HAD LOST A CHILD have to have those memories come back.

That, in my opinion, is inexcusable attention whoring.

I lost a child, and, sorry you can't understand that, you fuckin' attention whore.

Editing because oops, I forgot to quote Roadrunner on this post.
Cabbie is an asshole.

He had me believing he lost his child.

When he said he could not talk about it, note I checked "Agree" because I understood that, assuming he had lost a child.

Later, we find out he DID NOT LOSE A CHILD.

But in the meantime, he made all of us that HAD LOST A CHILD have to have those memories come back.

That, in my opinion, is inexcusable attention whoring.
That's what I first thought, or it was some kind of shit post to draw you in hence my first comment what's up and the second comment hidden spring snake in a can.

Forum List

Back