The scandal of fiddled global warming data

An economic dataset.

I'm sorry, I didnt quite get the point you were trying to make. you are trying to say that an economic institute cannot handle the calculations of which stations were kept and which were deleted, and whether the one of those groups showed more warming that the other. is that the gist of your comment?

Russia affected by Climategate
A discussion of the November 2009 Climatic Research Unit e-mail hacking incident, referred to by some sources as "Climategate," continues against the backdrop of the abortive UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen (COP15) discussing alternative agreements to replace the 1997 Kyoto Protocol that aimed to combat global warming.
The incident involved an e-mail server used by the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia (UEA) in Norwich, East England. Unknown persons stole and anonymously disseminated thousands of e-mails and other documents dealing with the global-warming issue made over the course of 13 years.
Controversy arose after various allegations were made including that climate scientists colluded to withhold scientific evidence and manipulated data to make the case for global warming appear stronger than it is.
Climategate has already affected Russia. On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data.
The IEA believes that Russian meteorological-station data did not substantiate the anthropogenic global-warming theory.
Analysts say Russian meteorological stations cover most of the country's territory, and that the Hadley Center had used data submitted by only 25% of such stations in its reports.
Over 40% of Russian territory was not included in global-temperature calculations for some other reasons, rather than the lack of meteorological stations and observations.
The data of stations located in areas not listed in the Hadley Climate Research Unit Temperature UK (HadCRUT) survey often does not show any substantial warming in the late 20th century and the early 21st century.
The HadCRUT database includes specific stations providing incomplete data and highlighting the global-warming process, rather than stations facilitating uninterrupted observations.
On the whole, climatologists use the incomplete findings of meteorological stations far more often than those providing complete observations.
IEA analysts say climatologists use the data of stations located in large populated centers that are influenced by the urban-warming effect more frequently than the correct data of remote stations.
The scale of global warming was exaggerated due to temperature distortions for Russia accounting for 12.5% of the world's land mass. The IEA said it was necessary to recalculate all global-temperature data in order to assess the scale of such exaggeration.
Global-temperature data will have to be modified if similar climate-date procedures have been used from other national data because the calculations used by COP15 analysts, including financial calculations, are based on HadCRUT research.

personally I think it would be a great idea to call in the expertise of a reputible accounting firm to clean up the temp station data, to correct the obvious errors in identification and location. and to organize the meta data of station moves, changes in TOB, etc. independant outside verification of whether the computor code is doing what it is claimed would also be a good step. remember the harry_read_me files?

You haven't presented any convincing evidence that any numbers were "fiddled". Your entire argument is based on the fact the graph doesn't look how you want it to look. You don't even know what the adjustments are that are being applied. Why not? They are public - you can read them. Are you lazy? Yes. Are you stupid? Yes. So that's why.

No amount of evidence will convince you. Guaranteed. You believe what you've been told to believe, facts and logic be damned.

You're a true fundamentalist.

Dave, I know exactly how Tony Heller/Goddard screwed up (Tony Heller is his real name). I even explained it here. He used absolute temps instead of anomalies. I previously gave a detailed post on why that's such a very stupid screw up. And, as expected, the deniers ignored it. Except for the ones who saw it, tossed an insult, and then ran.

Now, if you can find your courage, we can go over the details of Goddard's screwup again. Start by summarizing Goddard's work, in your own words. That will demonstrate to everyone that you're not just a parrot. If you can't display even that minimal amount of understanding, then it will be clear you are nothing more than a parrot for your political cult.

That's a direct challenge. So accept. Or run again. Make a choice.

Last edited:
Dave, I know exactly how Tony Heller/Goddard screwed up (Tony Heller is his real name). I even explained it here. He used absolute temps instead of anomalies. I previously gave a detailed post on why that's such a very stupid screw up. And, as expected, the deniers ignored it. Except for the ones who saw it, tossed an insult, and then ran.

Now, if you can find your courage, we can go over the details of Goddard's screwup again. Start by summarizing Goddard's work, in your own words. That will demonstrate to everyone that you're not just a parrot. If you can't display even that minimal amount of understanding, then it will be clear you are nothing more than a parrot for your political cult.

You say "Jump!", I say, "Eat shit, dumbass!" :lol:

Stop projecting your failings on others. That's a direct challenge. You will, predictably, run.

You say "Jump!", I say,

What everyone heard you say rather clearly was "BWAK! BWAK! BWAK! BWAKBWAKBWAKBWAK
BWAAAAAAAAK!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1nINoMsSqUY]Chicken Sounds SOUND EFFECT - YouTube[/ame]

As usual.....you lose s0n >>>

69% Say It?s Likely Scientists Have Falsified Global Warming Research - Rasmussen Reports?

Everyone and their brother thinks the scientists are fucking with the data!!!

:fu::gay::fu::gay::fu::gay::fu::gay:

You say "Jump!", I say,

What everyone heard you say rather clearly was "BWAK! BWAK! BWAK! BWAKBWAKBWAKBWAK
BWAAAAAAAAK!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1nINoMsSqUY]Chicken Sounds SOUND EFFECT - YouTube[/ame]

Now you speak for everyone?

My rep count says otherwise. :lmao:

Dumbass.

My rep count says otherwise.

No matter what your rep is, you're still a chickenshit. You're just a chickenshit who gets rep from the numerous other chickenshits.

If you manage locate your balls and would like to start discussing the stuff you blindly parrot, I'll be waiting. But I'm not counting on it. I know how difficult that locating task is for you.

No matter what your rep is, you're still a chickenshit. You're just a chickenshit who gets rep from the numerous other chickenshits.

If you manage locate your balls and would like to start discussing the stuff you blindly parrot, I'll be waiting. But I'm not counting on it. I know how difficult that locating task is for you.
:rofl: Sheer projection.

If you want to know what a progressive does, see what he accuses conservatives of.

I think its funny that Marcott's spurious hockey stick was formed by the same mistakes as Goddard. Skeptics are pushing Goddard to recant. I didn't see the warmers arguing with marcott to fix his mistakes. Or Mann's flagrant mistakes either.

I think its funny that Marcott's spurious hockey stick was formed by the same mistakes as Goddard. Skeptics are pushing Goddard to recant. I didn't see the warmers arguing with marcott to fix his mistakes. Or Mann's flagrant mistakes either.

The AGW religion conveniently ignores ANY information that does not conform to the established narrative!! 100% of the time.:D And now in 2014, people know it too. When you are completely intolerant, particularly in the area of science, you get exposed......which is why nobody gives a rats ass about climate change these days.

Last edited:

Speaking of chicken shit, where is that experiment at dude?

Speaking of chicken shit, where is that experiment at dude?

The emperor keeps it in the inside breast pocket of his new suit. Have you seen that suit...according to the warmers, it's beautiful....haven't seen it myself....just his skinny bare wrinkley ass walking around as if he were important.

I think its funny that Marcott's spurious hockey stick was formed by the same mistakes as Goddard.

I know McIntyre just announced that, but McIntyre doesn't appear to have ever actually read the Marcott study.

Goddard made two major blunders.

1. Using absolute temps instead of anomalies. That only works if the stations network stays the same. If stations come and go, as they do, using absolute temps results in a junk output.

2. Not using any spatial weighting. That is, if 10 stations are crowed together and 10 are scattered widely, Goddard gives the crowded stations the same weight, when the scattered stations should have more weight, given they cover much more territory.

Marcott made neither of those errors, hence his work bears no resemblance to Goddard's. Moreover, Marcott flat out says that the uptick at the end isn't robust, and that the paper is about holocene temps. Marcott doesn't have to plot modern temps, because we have plenty of methods other than proxies to do that.

I think its funny that Marcott's spurious hockey stick was formed by the same mistakes as Goddard.

I know McIntyre just announced that, but McIntyre doesn't appear to have ever actually read the Marcott study.

Goddard made two major blunders.

1. Using absolute temps instead of anomalies. That only works if the stations network stays the same. If stations come and go, as they do, using absolute temps results in a junk output.

2. Not using any spatial weighting. That is, if 10 stations are crowed together and 10 are scattered widely, Goddard gives the crowded stations the same weight, when the scattered stations should have more weight, given they cover much more territory.

Marcott made neither of those errors, hence his work bears no resemblance to Goddard's. Moreover, Marcott flat out says that the uptick at the end isn't robust, and that the paper is about holocene temps. Marcott doesn't have to plot modern temps, because we have plenty of methods other than proxies to do that.

It must take a special kind of tolerance to talk to climate change deniers as though they argued from an equal position.

Going ?. Going ?. Gone | Real Science

Thirty-nine percent of USHCN data is now fabricated, meaning that there is now 39% more monthly temperature data reported than measured, compared to less than 5% in 1990.

screenhunter_605-jun-22-04-40.gif

The fabricated data is warming 7°F/century faster than the measured data since 1990, when the data started disappearing.

screenhunter_607-jun-22-05-03.gif

In fact, the measured TOBS adjusted data shows no warming since 1990. All US warming since 1990 is due to data fabrication.

screenhunter_609-jun-22-05-11.gif

I am considered a heretic for excluding imaginary temperature data from my analysis, and simply averaging the thermometer data. It is now considered unacceptable by the orthodoxy to use actual measured data.

Steve Goddard is a complete hack and moron. His basis for classifying the data as fabricated is that it doesn't do what he wants it to do. He doesn't actually address the methods AT ALL - he merely declares them phony and proceeds based on that assumption. You might actually know that if you could read. He isn't even respected in the denialist community except among the truly imbecilic like yourself. Steve Goddard isn't even his real name.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back