The SCotUS has cleared the way for Legalized Polygamy.

If I want to marry my 2 girlfriends, whats the problem? they have polygamy in Muslim countries, just follow their system with that and be done with it.

and you can stone them if they "start without you"

I'm not advocating Sharia but if I have 2 girls I want to marry, why not? who am I hurting?

All those who have to sort out the messes. Like which one gets to pull the plug when you are on life support? They gonna bog down our court system fighting over which one gets to make the call? (Just one example - I've cited several more above).

If you create a legal mess and a legal tangle that we are gonna have to pay judges to sort out - you've created a problem for everyone.

and you can stone them if they "start without you"

I'm not advocating Sharia but if I have 2 girls I want to marry, why not? who am I hurting?

All those who have to sort out the messes. Like which one gets to pull the plug when you are on life support? They gonna bog down our court system fighting over which one gets to make the call? (Just one example - I've cited several more above).

If you create a legal mess and a legal tangle that we are gonna have to pay judges to sort out - you've created a problem for everyone.

There are countries that allow polygamy, how do they sort these things out? is a little extra paperwork a justification to stop me from marrying my 2 true loves?:confused:

As I have predicted in the past, I will now say that the ruling this morning to legalize Gay Marriages as a "Right" will now be used to erode the reasons used to keep Polygamy illegal.

I don't see that happening for several reasons. The legal contract of marriage has become a legal way to sort though many issues. Polygamy could create chaos in terms of probate and healthcare decisions. I also don't see insurance companies or taxing governments extending marriage benefits to an infinite number of people.

A dogmatic child may try to argue that "they have no grounds left to deny it."

But an adult can pretty easily draw distinctions based on the legitimate concerns of society.
Leftists don't give a shit about any of the consequences....When they want something, they bitch, whine, moan, kevetch, bellyache, snivel and sue to get their way.

It's only a matter of time....

NAMBLA has been part of the democrat base. Who knows when democrats are going to "legalize" the union between men and boys?

The legal requirements for marriage in Washington State are:
1. you must freely consent (or if mentally impaired the guardian must consent)

2. You must be of legal age.

3. You must be single.

That rules out polygamy, poly-amorous marriage, incest, pedophilia, animals or inanimate objects.

Anyone who wants a religious or legal marriage in the State of Washington can contact me. I am willing to discuss it with you.

Last edited:
As I have predicted in the past, I will now say that the ruling this morning to legalize Gay Marriages as a "Right" will now be used to erode the reasons used to keep Polygamy illegal.

Legalizing polygamy would truly be defense of traditional marriage and as far as it goes if a group of people want to enter such a contract it would not affect my life at all so I would not care if it did become legal.

The main reason I don't see that happening is that nobody is allowed that right. With anti-gay marriage laws, we were denying a specific group of people from having the right to marry. Since nobody is permitted to be married to more than one person at a time, nobody is being deprived of a right that others have.

Aren't polygamists a specific group of people?

How are they any different than gays?

Thanks for demonstrating you have not read the decision and are talking out of your ass.

Forum List

Back