The Senate Just Pushed The Country Off A Cliff, And Then Headed For The Hills

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Despite the pandemic-induced recession, millions of jobless Americans have been kept afloat by an uncharacteristically generous act of Congress. In addition to their state’s usual unemployment payments — usually a fraction of their previous wages — Americans have been eligible to receive and additional $600 a week, desperately needed support for people who saw their incomes crater.

But Republicans have been outraged that the payments were so generous, so they objected to legislation the Democrats passed in May to extend the program. They proposed a number of different ideas to extend the program on a more limited basis, but all these ideas came at the last minute and the GOP caucus couldn’t agree on a single plan. So on Friday, the program officially expires — meaning unemployed Americans who had been receiving a boost of $2,400 a month from the government will suddenly see those payments slashed to zero.

And now, the Senate has gone home for a long weekend.

The convenient part is they don't have to hold any townhall meetings. Probably should stay inside the house for their safety anyway.

Despite the pandemic-induced recession
Despite the PANIC-induced recession................there fixed it for you......

Country needs to go back to work........should have never shut down............You also cannot give so much that people will ABUSE the system......There is no incentive to go back to work when they throw money out like this.

Let's see here -- which people, especially Governors, have been all about preventing people from working, and which have realized that people need to work to survive?

It gets downright ridiculous the way the stupid fucks who were all about shutting down the economy are now the very same ones whining about it having been shut down.

Let's see here -- which people, especially Governors, have been all about preventing people from working, and which have realized that people need to work to survive?

People need to live to survive

I still find it ridiculous that the Senate came up with a stimulus bill that deposited $2400 in our checking account accompanied by a letter from Trump. While I thought Obama's extended unemployment benefits were too generous, that $2 trillion plan earlier this year really took the cake. It seems to me we could have helped those in need a reasonable amount more and spent a hell of a lot less.

Republicans are running a $3 trillion deficit

They are willing to run up debt anywhere but helping the unemployed

False.

Enough is enough. And now we have had enough, it is time to get back to work. If dems want to keep people out of work and destroy their lives, it is on them. The rest of us will not have our lives destroyed because you have an extreme aversion to working and can only think about free shit.

Despite the pandemic-induced recession
Despite the PANIC-induced recession................there fixed it for you......

Country needs to go back to work........should have never shut down............You also cannot give so much that people will ABUSE the system......There is no incentive to go back to work when they throw money out like this.
Despite the democrat-induced recession.

Caught some TV news earlier and they are expecting between a THIRD to HALF of all restaurants in our area to go out of business.

Another BS thread by more desperate Communist Democrats who think if they throw enough things against the wall something will stick

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-30583680.png

Seems like politicians (Both parties) haven't cared much about the outrageous national debt we've accrued in the past. To me, it's akin to running up one's credit card to the max and when your car breaks down and you have no other means to get to work, you whine and fret about how unjust life is. As far as people wasting the money, this same money will go to other people (Stores, restaurants, bills, landlords) which will at least, keep the economy going until this pandemic is over. Personally, I don't need the money but I'm sure of one thing> I don't want to increase the homeless by outrageous numbers either. True..it's damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Forum List

Back