The Senate Just Pushed The Country Off A Cliff, And Then Headed For The Hills

Despite the pandemic-induced recession, millions of jobless Americans have been kept afloat by an uncharacteristically generous act of Congress. In addition to their state’s usual unemployment payments — usually a fraction of their previous wages — Americans have been eligible to receive and additional $600 a week, desperately needed support for people who saw their incomes crater.

But Republicans have been outraged that the payments were so generous, so they objected to legislation the Democrats passed in May to extend the program. They proposed a number of different ideas to extend the program on a more limited basis, but all these ideas came at the last minute and the GOP caucus couldn’t agree on a single plan. So on Friday, the program officially expires — meaning unemployed Americans who had been receiving a boost of $2,400 a month from the government will suddenly see those payments slashed to zero.

And now, the Senate has gone home for a long weekend.

The convenient part is they don't have to hold any townhall meetings. Probably should stay inside the house for their safety anyway.
......I LOVE IT!!!! I don't care...I'm going to have sex with an Asian babe--then eat a cheese sandwich with relish and mustard--and Pringle's chips
hahahahhahahah

1. you can't keep giving out mucho tax $$$$--a lot of it to lazy jackasses
2. that's more than a lot of them even make !!! DUH

The solution is to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour, plus basica health care for all, and then they will have incentive to go back to work.

The problem isn't that the benefits are too high, it's that the wages are too low. Countries where the minimum wage is more than $2000 per month have no difficulty getting their workers back to work. Especially considering that we shut down the virus before opening up the jobs.

Despite the pandemic-induced recession
Despite the PANIC-induced recession................there fixed it for you......

Country needs to go back to work........should have never shut down............You also cannot give so much that people will ABUSE the system......There is no incentive to go back to work when they throw money out like this.
Despite the democrat-induced recession.

Caught some TV news earlier and they are expecting between a THIRD to HALF of all restaurants in our area to go out of business.

When it's over people will still want to eat
Spells opportunity.

Despite the pandemic-induced recession, millions of jobless Americans have been kept afloat by an uncharacteristically generous act of Congress. In addition to their state’s usual unemployment payments — usually a fraction of their previous wages — Americans have been eligible to receive and additional $600 a week, desperately needed support for people who saw their incomes crater.

But Republicans have been outraged that the payments were so generous, so they objected to legislation the Democrats passed in May to extend the program. They proposed a number of different ideas to extend the program on a more limited basis, but all these ideas came at the last minute and the GOP caucus couldn’t agree on a single plan. So on Friday, the program officially expires — meaning unemployed Americans who had been receiving a boost of $2,400 a month from the government will suddenly see those payments slashed to zero.

The convenient part is they don't have to hold any townhall meetings. Probably should stay inside the house for their safety anyway.
......I LOVE IT!!!! I don't care...I'm going to have sex with an Asian babe--then eat a cheese sandwich with relish and mustard--and Pringle's chips
hahahahhahahah

The solution is to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour, plus basica health care for all, and then they will have incentive to go back to work.

The problem isn't that the benefits are too high, it's that the wages are too low. Countries where the minimum wage is more than $2000 per month have no difficulty getting their workers back to work. Especially considering that we shut down the virus before opening up the jobs.
..then they have to jack up the prices of the goods/food/etc

hahahahhahahah

I can't agree. My wife has several friends and former clients actually making more by not working than they were before, and they "were" avoiding taking available jobs. But not all have jobs in their former fields available.

hahahahhahahah

I can't agree. My wife has several friends and former clients actually making more by not working than they were before, and they "were" avoiding taking available jobs. But not all have jobs in their former fields available.
The problem with such anecdotal accounts of people ‘refusing’ to work because a paycheck would be less than a stimulus check is that it’s not representative of the nation as a whole – for millions of Americans there simply are no jobs to go back to.

hahahahhahahah

The solution is to send all the dang progs to Canada and lock the door after they are gone........

Call Canada a prison then......we will exchange for people like Shocked though........that is a good trade.

for millions of Americans there simply are no jobs to go back to.
That is correct........most will be gone where I work til next year.........On the bright side.....we may finally be able to bring back a couple of dozen for a capital job within the next month..........Nothing like before.........

I worked Friday to make up for a rain out.............was a dang ghost town........been a long time that a 1000 or so were not working overtime.

hahahahhahahah

The problem with such anecdotal accounts of people ‘refusing’ to work because a paycheck would be less than a stimulus check is that it’s not representative of the nation as a whole – for millions of Americans there simply are no jobs to go back to.
Government is currently hiring. One example is the post office. There are jobs available I see them posted online daily.

More commie lies, there were negotiations this morning.

hahahahhahahah

You're full of shit, I see help wanted signs all over the place. You can't pay someone near 40K a year not to work and expect them to take a job making 35K or less, they'll pass.

Forum List

Back