The Senate just voted against airplane legroom standards

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
A spokeswoman for Airlines for America told the Associated Press in February that “the government should not regulate, but instead market forces, which reflect consumer decisions and competition, should determine what is offered.”

The Senate just voted against airplane legroom standards

Exactly. This is not the place for government involvement. What this would result in is increased flight prices and/or reduction in services to make up the difference. The market needs to fix this, not the political class.

Aircraft maintenance standards should be left for the market to decide, they're not the place for a government to interfere on behalf of passenger health or safety.

If you want more leg room, it's called First Class. No one is stopping passengers from buying a First Class ticket.

Aircraft safety standards should be abolished as they cut into profits.

This is a comfort standard not a safety one.

Safety standards are fine. Plane takes off and lands with everyone still healthy.....that's all the government should care about.

What's next??? Mandating a 4 course meal be served to all passengers because 1st class privilege is unfair??

Okay I could've sworn that I left a message in this chat last night in defense of those who need the extra room because of how tall they grow and how they shouldn't have to pay extra for the leg room when they can't help that they grew so much to begin with.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If the message did go up only to eventually get deleted, can I ask why?

upload_2016-4-8_10-39-21.jpeg

we will all be seeing standing seats
sardines in a flying can

If you need more leg room, but can't spring extra for first class, get an emergency exit or front row seat; they're in short supply as mothers often snap them up for car seats and "play space", but they offer a bit more room - for the emergency exit rows you've gotta learn how to open the door and drop the rafty slide but they made it stupid proof heh

View attachment 70659

sardines in a flying can

All America needs to do to get these greedy assholes in line is to stop flying for a couple of weeks! Economic disaster. As long as they can sell seats they will have it their way. Speak with your pocketbook. Flying is a pain in the ass anyway. I much prefer driving.

If you need more leg room, but can't spring extra for first class, get an emergency exit or front row seat; they're in short supply as mothers often snap them up for car seats and "play space", but they offer a bit more room - for the emergency exit rows you've gotta learn how to open the door and drop the rafty slide but they made it stupid proof heh

Front seats are saved for the disabled and parents with small children, or they are prime price seats.

View attachment 70659

sardines in a flying can

All America needs to do to get these greedy assholes in line is to stop flying for a couple of weeks! Economic disaster. As long as they can sell seats they will have it their way. Speak with your pocketbook. Flying is a pain in the ass anyway. I much prefer driving.

Not everyone can drive 2000-3000 miles cross country.

Aircraft maintenance standards should be left for the market to decide, they're not the place for a government to interfere on behalf of passenger health or safety.
Ditto with any food they serve. If people get sick and/or die, so what? Let the market decide!

View attachment 70659

sardines in a flying can

I can, except in an emergency.

View attachment 70659

sardines in a flying can

I can, except in an emergency.

Four days, gas, food motels..........lots of caffeine
As much as I hate it, the six hours on a plane is better.
Maybe when cars drive themselves....soon

Ditto with any food they serve. If people get sick and/or die, so what? Let the market decide!
Safety v comfort. There is a difference.

Front seats are saved for the disabled and parents with small children, or they are prime price seats.

Oh yea? Well it has been like 15+ years since I flew coach...

Forum List

Back