The sin of gluttony

well, if you insist on imposing your own perceptions and judgments
on people, i cannot help you

I was actually agreeing with you on the points you brought up that should be clarified

sorry my language is too obtuse for you
no offense intended, I was trying to lend support
where I agreed clarification is needed
because it is "relative"
that's all

that's just it; I didn't ask you to "help me"

if you didn't want a response to your message
what did you want

if you wanted a response to your message
what did you want

I will try to stick to what you want
I was just responding with my
thoughts that came to mind

sorry if I missed the mark

I certainly did not mean to offend you, my apologies
for coming across as a "liberal whatever" you must think I represent

I wanted to post my thought; which I did. I don't care if you respond or not; but if you respond saying or implying I asked you to help e i'm gonna remind you how wrong you are

wow what a tool you are

Dear [MENTION=46539]Iceweasel[/MENTION]:
If someone wants to understand proof of Jesus Christ,
I would refer them to do medical research on spiritual healing
and deliverance from demons, mental illness, schizophrenia etc.
conducted through prayer in the spirit of Jesus Christ.

I would point to the healing effects of forgiveness, and the success rates of
recovery from addiction, abuse, murder or genocide, etc. that "correlate" with
levels of FORGIVENESS.

Some resources I recommend the most on this subject:
* HEALING by Francis MacNutt http://www.christianhealingmin.org
* Glimpses of the Devil by Scott Peck
I agree with both authors that further research will help show this natural healing
is consistent with science and medicine. And there is a unique advantage and effect of using Christian healing prayer for
curing demonic and generational conditions, that is separate from other forms of prayer and meditation used more generally.

If someone wanted to understand what Jesus means, in real terms,
I would point to the concept of JUSTICE, specifically Restorative Justice
or Equal Justice under Law, Justice with Mercy,
and equate faith in Christ Jesus with faith in Restorative Justice for all.

So if you want to see proof, you can look at the real effects on relationships,
and see the difference it makes to receive forgiveness and healing that
transforms people's minds and accelerates healing of physical and social ills as a result.

Are you interested in real life application and concepts of what Jesus means?
Or just arguing theoretical over history that can never be proven either way?

The people reporting what transpired were the ones that committed the crime! Odd that those Jews just didn't say, "What Jesus? Where?" And Pilate and the Roman Guards, too. "Jesus who? What tomb? What hush money?"

While you in 2014, question the very existence of Christ, they did not. You lack faith. They had eyeballs. I trust them more than you. They had their lives to lose and nothing to gain by detailing their roles in the matter.

Weasie, believe what you want. That Christ lived and died just like they and my Bible says is what I'm sticking with. We will just have to agree to disagree on the living breathing Jesus, the Son of God.
Until you meet Him yourself, here's hoping He blesses you in advance. :)
....and yet, still no link. Your "sources" were not authentic. Odd that your faith relies of apocryphal works written in the middle of the fourth century.

Here's another source that discredits the authenticity:

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encyclopedia_(1913)/Acta_Pilati
Acta Pilati (or Gospel of Nicodemus).—This work does not assume to have written by Pilate, but to have been derived from the official acts preserved in the prætorium at Jerusalem. The alleged Hebrew original is attributed to Nicodemus. The title "Gospel of Nicodemus" is of medieval origin.

The apocryphon gained wide credit in the Middle Ages, and has considerably affected the legends of our Saviour's Passion. Its popularity is attested by the number of languages in which it exists, each of these being represented by two or more recensions. We possess a text in Greek, the original language; a Coptic, an Armenian and a Latin, besides modern translations. The Latin versions were naturally its most current form and were printed several times in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. One class of the Latin manuscripts contain as an appendix or continuation, the "Cura Sanitatis Tiberii", the oldest form of the Veronica legend.

Last edited:
I wanted to post my thought; which I did. I don't care if you respond or not; but if you respond saying or implying I asked you to help e i'm gonna remind you how wrong you are

wow what a tool you are

me too I was just posting my thoughts
and yes they come out long sometimes

in what way am I a tool or wrong?
isn't that projecting your opinion,
how can you know already that I am a tool
if we don't even know each other.

some of my best friends take 5-10 years
to understand or correct things they didn't get about me

I don't know everything about everyone,
and certainly people online I have minimal contact with

how are you so sure I'm a tool
or what exactly do you mean by that?
Do we need to start a different thread, this has gone off topic obviously!

wow what a tool you are

me too I was just posting my thoughts
and yes they come out long sometimes

in what way am I a tool or wrong?
isn't that projecting your opinion,
how can you know already that I am a tool
if we don't even know each other.

you're going to cry all day huh?

some of my best friends take 5-10 years
to understand or correct things they didn't get about me

I don't know everything about everyone,
and certainly people online I have minimal contact with

how are you so sure I'm a tool
or what exactly do you mean by that?
Do we need to start a different thread, this has gone off topic obviously!

you're going to cry all day huh?

you're a tool because you're premise has nothing to do with the rich being rich

you're babbling

To understand Old Testament Gluttony and why God disliked it so, pick up a Bible and start reading Numbers 11: 4-32.

Then go to the gluttony of Esau:
Gen 25:30-34; with Hbr 12:16, 17.

And the Sons of Eli:
1Sa 2:12-17.

Belshazzar:
Dan 5:1.

While the word gluttony has various meanings, in the Bible context, the text almost always involves food.

And there you have it Wease:
Acta Pilati (or Gospel of Nicodemus).—This work does not assume to have written by Pilate, but to have been derived from the official acts preserved in the prætorium at Jerusalem

God bless Wikipedia huh? ;)

What acts? Where? Written by whom? See what happens when you snip instead of read?

I Ananias (Aeneas Copt., Emaus Lat.), the Protector, of praetorian rank, learned in the law, did from the divine scriptures recognize our Lord Jesus Christ and came near to him by faith and was accounted worthy of holy baptism: and I sought out the memorials that were made at that season in the time of our master Jesus Christ, which the Jews deposited with Pontius Pilate, and found the memorials in Hebrew (letters), and by the good pleasure of God I translated them into Greek (letters) for the informing of all them that call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ..

These be the things which after the cross and passion of the Lord, Nicodemus recorded and delivered unto the high priest and the rest of the Jews: and the same Nicodemus set them forth in Hebrew (letters).

Ananias gave credit where credit was do. He never said, "Here are the works of Pilate." Again, I trust Ananias and Nicodemus more than you. Sorry.
I have to ask myself why would the most respected man in Israel, save the High Priest, lie to and about the very people that he handed his dictation to? If the people he was quoting had no problem with it's accuracy, then neither do I. The date Nicodemus' dictation was transcribed into Greek means absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back