The Sleeping Giant Is Awake: A Quiet States' Rights Revolution Is Happening...

The tenth amendment:

10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved
to the States respectively, or to the people.

The states retain their power and the feds are limited to what powers are delegated by the constitution.
That is why we have the constitution - to protect our rights, as individuals and collectively as states.

The tenth amendment:

10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved
to the States respectively, or to the people.

The states retain their power and the feds are limited to what powers are delegated by the constitution.
That is why we have the constitution - to protect our rights, as individuals and collectively as states.

Take that up with SCOTUS.

I hear ya and understand your pessimism. But i think it's actually a time to be optimistic. States really are beginning to reassert their rights. We're currently observing a quiet Revolution. I think it's great.

i agree. it won't take much to change the tide either. the public is demanding change as well. They are sick of federal mandates handcuffing them. and as soon as states start to offer opportunity they will draw jobs and people. thus gaining even more clout

Well said. It's a quiet Revolution. And most didn't expect to see one like this. They expected chaotic violence in the streets. But that's not the way to get things done. This is the way. Big Brother has very few options in dealing with it. Other than the threat of cutting funding, they're powerless. A Paper Tiger for sure. States just need to move forward and continue fighting back. Progress is being made. It is a time for optimism.
States rights began a slow death the day it was written into the constitution. The Articles of Confederation gave way to the Constitution which increased the power of the federal government. The supremacy clause in article 4 of the constitution shifted the balance of power to the federal government. The nullification crisis in 1828-32 confirmed the federal government's power in regard to tariffs and trade treaties. The South's loss of the civil war struck another huge blow to states rights as did the end of segregation.

The need for a strong federal government was demonstrated time and again throughout the 20th century, two world wars, the great depression, and the cold war.

Better communications and transportation has brought our people closer together. Over half of our population has lived in more than one state. Many people people today have lived in a number states. There's less difference than ever before in the demographics and the beliefs of people in different states. Our cites are looking more and more the same. State income levels and educational levels are getting closer together. Not surprisingly, state laws tend to mirror each other and dovetail into federal laws.

People no longer feel a strong allegiance to their state but rather their nation. After over 200 years, we have become first and foremost Americans, not Floridians, Washingtonians, Louisianans, or Marylanders. Issues such as immigration, environmental policies, and civil rights will raise the cry for states rights, but the trend will continue.

All it takes is a super majority of the sates to initiate a change - the states still have that power and with this battle for the second - it may happen.

Uh huh. And the flower children were going to open up the age of Aquarius. The moral majority was going to bring back real American values. Occupy everything was going to bring down big corporations. The tea party was going to change the face of American politics.

What this really is is just yet another group of politicians doing nothing in a big way to garner votes. Same old, same old.

I disagree with your assessment. But we'll see i guess.

You are certainly free to disagree. But if you think a law which makes it illegal for law enforcement officers to enforce the law is going to stand, you are just kidding yourself. They reduced this to a misdemeanor because they know any state law enforcement officer who attempts to interfere with a federal officer from enforcing federal law is going to find him or herself under arrest on a federal charge. And that will be dealt with in a federal court under federal law.

This law is all show and nothing but show. It is unenforceable and the people who voted for it know that very well. But it gets them votes.

i agree. it won't take much to change the tide either. the public is demanding change as well. They are sick of federal mandates handcuffing them. and as soon as states start to offer opportunity they will draw jobs and people. thus gaining even more clout

Well said. It's a quiet Revolution. And most didn't expect to see one like this. They expected chaotic violence in the streets. But that's not the way to get things done. This is the way. Big Brother has very few options in dealing with it. Other than the threat of cutting funding, they're powerless. A Paper Tiger for sure. States just need to move forward and continue fighting back. Progress is being made. It is a time for optimism.
States rights began a slow death the day it was written into the constitution. The Articles of Confederation gave way to the Constitution which increased the power of the federal government. The supremacy clause in article 4 of the constitution shifted the balance of power to the federal government. The nullification crisis in 1828-32 confirmed the federal government's power in regard to tariffs and trade treaties. The South's loss of the civil war struck another huge blow to states rights as did the end of segregation.

The need for a strong federal government was demonstrated time and again throughout the 20th century, two world wars, the great depression, and the cold war.

Better communications and transportation has brought our people closer together. Over half of our population has lived in more than one state. Many people people today have lived in a number states. There's less difference than ever before in the demographics and the beliefs of people in different states. Our cites are looking more and more the same. State income levels and educational levels are getting closer together. Not surprisingly, state laws tend to mirror each other and dovetail into federal laws.

People no longer feel a strong allegiance to their state but rather their nation. After over 200 years, we have become first and foremost Americans, not Floridians, Washingtonians, Louisianans, or Marylanders. Issues such as immigration, environmental policies, and civil rights will raise the cry for states rights, but the trend will continue.

Quite true.

Unfortunately these laws being passed have no real affect other than make people feel good.

Federal Laws supersede State law, just as State laws supersede County or City laws/ordinances.

That is simply NOT true. Federal laws does NOT supercede state law. Federal laws are enforced on the state level via threats of funding cuts, withholding of federal aid, etc.

There are virtually THOUSANDS of state laws on the books that limit and/or "modify" federal laws, as they pertain to the individual states. Too many to list here.

The states understand that federal laws are only as valid as the ability of the federal government to ENFORCE their federal laws.

If there are so many State laws that negate a Federal law, I am sure that you can supply me with a link to just one.

A State law can work in conjunction with a Federal law, but it can not negate the law.

Uh, try the Tenth Amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All it takes is a super majority of the sates to initiate a change - the states still have that power and with this battle for the second - it may happen.

Not at all, not a chance. The battle for the 2nd will not lead to a making of a super majority for overall change. Libertarians are about 3% of adults, NRA members are about 5% of adults. The power is simply don't there to start a super change.

whatever happened to :

I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration - Hillary Clinton

Did Democrats and Liberals stop believing that the moment Obama was sworn in?

Not really.

According to Article V, Congress must call for an amendment-proposing convention, “on the application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States”, and therefore 34 state legislatures would have to submit applications. Once an Article V convention has proposed amendments, then each of those amendments would have to be ratified by three-fourths of the states (i.e. 38 states) in order to become part of the Constitution.

Convention to propose amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If another rat gets elected in 2016, I hope we can cut the nation in half and all the red southern states form their own country. then lets see how long before those living in the north start digging tunnels under the border to get into the south!

The half dozen red states, including Texas, would be conquered in the first sixteen minutes of their nationhood by the Mexican gang cartels.

Rush mentioned the scenario about cutting the nation in half, that would be great being most of the USA is red. I can just see President Rick Perry on the new 100.00 bill, while O'LLAMA will be on the 3 dollar bill of the Blue States.

I hope our nation comes together and tries a little harder to get along.

God bless our dear USA, keep all our troops safe, and help us keep a strong base so we can continue helping those who need a strong America.

Time for vespers, and our nation needs them. :thup:

Good night all. :huddle:

As of the last poll I saw over 78% of the people responding didn't want any new gun laws, didn't think any federal regulation should exist and did not want to ban anything related to guns.
No, I don't have demographic information nor do I know how many people were represented.

Yep! If you're not going to pay attention to the constitution you might as well completely ignore it.
I think it would go like this:
If the government cut off funds then the state could quit collecting federal income tax - 14th amendment - and then the stae would have plenty of money for STATE programs.

As of the last poll I saw over 78% of the people responding didn't want any new gun laws, didn't think any federal regulation should exist and did not want to ban anything related to guns.
No, I don't have demographic information nor do I know how many people were represented.
There lots of other polls with very different results.

Forum List

Back