The Soap-Opera of Liberalism Continues!

Haters gonna hate...until it happens to them

I Let My Daughter Transition at 4 Years Old — And Have Zero Regrets Today

I was raised as a devout, conservative Christian with strong Republican values in the South. It's a place where being different can not only be unforgiving, but unsafe. I was, and am, an active member of our local church. I used to lead a small ministry teaching Bible study, and I didn't support or condone those living the LGBTQ lifestyle. That was just part of the Christian makeup I'd been brought up to believe. I knew I'd instill those same principles in my children.

But all of my beliefs and convictions were brought into question when, at 18 months old, Kai began exhibiting very strong female characteristics. From the moment my child was born, everything about Kai was geared toward femininity. She would pull T-shirts down around her waist to make them into skirts. She would tie long-sleeved shirts around her head and pretend like it was long hair. I tried so hard to force her into wearing clothes with camouflage and superhero patterns, and I even gave her severe, flat-top haircuts. Kai has three other siblings who are boys, so it was also a very testosterone-filled family environment, which I thought might help. Everything was fishing and spitting and boy stuff. But Kai just continued to be Kai.

As a Christian mother raising a Christian family, it was a very difficult time for me. I wasn't ready to give in and allow Kai to transition socially — especially at such a young age. My internal struggle beat me up daily. I felt like I couldn't go against everything I'd been taught to believe, and yet I also couldn't let Kai live in such obvious agony. I wasn't ready to face the fact that my one-and-a-half-year-old child was a girl. That battle lasted for a couple years.

To know what the Left is doing, note what they charge the other side with.

Case in point....you Lefties hate traditional modes and mores.....and 99% of the population.

Liberalism, like Islamofascism demands submission.

Hate traditional modes? Modes of transportation? Horse and buggy is fine with me, just clean up the shit.

Wow, liberals hate "traditional mores"? That's a little harsh...and wrong. Eschew some maybe, but not hate. Nothing wrong with updating either. It's no skin off my nose to ask someone what their preferred pronoun is. Mine's "she" BTW.

Oh....and most of all, traditional American religious views, the ones this nation was founded on and are responsible for its greatness.

Sorry, "males" with XX chromosomes are females, but I'm guessing you were out smoking the ganga the day they had that lecture in health class.
Ah, no. They are males (and look like them) but they are XX. XX male syndrome - Wikipedia

What you thought was a hard and fast rule is - not. Biology is (unlike most) not a simpleton. Next up, XY females, and XXY, XYY, XXXY, XYYY (watch out, they're nuts), and X0, just one X. The is no Y0, they die in the womb.
Oh, I am aware of Kleinfelters, and the even more rare XYY syndrome that also affects males. But both are relatively rare genetic abnormalities.
Since you persist in failing to provide additional information for your claims, here: "XX male syndrome (also called de la Chapelle syndrome, for Albert de la Chapelle, who characterized it in 1972) is a rare sex chromosomal disorder. Usually, it is caused by unequal crossing over between X and Y chromosomes during meiosis in the father, which results in the X chromosome containing the normally-male SRY gene. When this X combines with a normal X from the mother during fertilization, the result is an XX male.This syndrome occurs in approximately four or five in 100,000 individuals, making it less common than Klinefelter syndrome.
The XY male anomoly, also called Swyer Syndrome, results in an infertile individual with all female genetalia except ovaries. It occurs in about one in every 80,000 live births.
So, either we are experiencing a significant increase in some pretty serious genetic mutations, or we need to leave the bathroom, locker room situation alone. In the case of those afflicted with Swyer's, we shouldn't even need to legislate allowing them to use female facilities, since they already present as females. If they want to use the men's room/locker room, just go into a stall, no one will be the wiser.
Any way you want to twist this tail, it's much ado about nothing. Unfortunately, I suspect that the greatest majority of those "afflicted" by transgender delusions have fallen victim to another fad.
Pretty hard to make a big deal about transgender when you can't decide gender in the first place. Saying all XX this way and all XY the other will give you - some very interesting locker room experiences.

Nothing is ever "all" or "never", there will always be anomalies. Just as the brain identifying itself as the opposite sex that one was born with is an anomaly.

Just because an individual is the victim of an anomaly doesn't necessarily give them a right to "special" treatment. If identifying as the opposite sex resides in the mind, doesn't that suggest a mental disorder, especially in those without a genetic anomaly?
No. It suggest that it's the mind, not the body, that tells you who you are just as the mind, not the body, tells you who you want to bed down with or pray to.

In that case, you're simply scientifically wrong; on a physical basis, your DNA, not your personal thoughts, determines what you are as far as physical, corporeal existence goes. It simply doesn't matter what a person believes; basic scientific laws of chemistry are the basis of our physical reality and cannot be ignored. Assuming you're a guy (no offense, I honestly don't know from your username), you are biochemically male at your most basic molecular level. It is a fact of reality, which cannot be canceled out by your psychological "identity."

Ah, no. They are males (and look like them) but they are XX. XX male syndrome - Wikipedia

What you thought was a hard and fast rule is - not. Biology is (unlike most) not a simpleton. Next up, XY females, and XXY, XYY, XXXY, XYYY (watch out, they're nuts), and X0, just one X. The is no Y0, they die in the womb.
Oh, I am aware of Kleinfelters, and the even more rare XYY syndrome that also affects males. But both are relatively rare genetic abnormalities.
Since you persist in failing to provide additional information for your claims, here: "XX male syndrome (also called de la Chapelle syndrome, for Albert de la Chapelle, who characterized it in 1972) is a rare sex chromosomal disorder. Usually, it is caused by unequal crossing over between X and Y chromosomes during meiosis in the father, which results in the X chromosome containing the normally-male SRY gene. When this X combines with a normal X from the mother during fertilization, the result is an XX male.This syndrome occurs in approximately four or five in 100,000 individuals, making it less common than Klinefelter syndrome.
The XY male anomoly, also called Swyer Syndrome, results in an infertile individual with all female genetalia except ovaries. It occurs in about one in every 80,000 live births.
So, either we are experiencing a significant increase in some pretty serious genetic mutations, or we need to leave the bathroom, locker room situation alone. In the case of those afflicted with Swyer's, we shouldn't even need to legislate allowing them to use female facilities, since they already present as females. If they want to use the men's room/locker room, just go into a stall, no one will be the wiser.
Any way you want to twist this tail, it's much ado about nothing. Unfortunately, I suspect that the greatest majority of those "afflicted" by transgender delusions have fallen victim to another fad.
Pretty hard to make a big deal about transgender when you can't decide gender in the first place. Saying all XX this way and all XY the other will give you - some very interesting locker room experiences.

Nothing is ever "all" or "never", there will always be anomalies. Just as the brain identifying itself as the opposite sex that one was born with is an anomaly.

Just because an individual is the victim of an anomaly doesn't necessarily give them a right to "special" treatment. If identifying as the opposite sex resides in the mind, doesn't that suggest a mental disorder, especially in those without a genetic anomaly?
No. It suggest that it's the mind, not the body, that tells you who you are just as the mind, not the body, tells you who you want to bed down with or pray to.

In that case, you're simply scientifically wrong; on a physical basis, your DNA, not your personal thoughts, determines what you are as far as physical, corporeal existence goes. It simply doesn't matter what a person believes; basic scientific laws of chemistry are the basis of our physical reality and cannot be ignored. Assuming you're a guy (no offense, I honestly don't know from your username), you are biochemically male at your most basic molecular level. It is a fact of reality, which cannot be canceled out by your psychological "identity."
I am, XY male not XY female. We have, both.

That won't stop them from using government to legislate those who recognize other facts into submission.

That won't stop them from using government to legislate those who recognize other facts into submission.

I certainly know that. This whole transgender craze seemed to start a couple of years ago when Typhoid Barry, in his identity-politics glory, called Bruce Jenner a hero (until liberals realized he was a republican) and then Obamaggot began gratuitously threatening the state of N. Carolina into accepting the whole trans-gender bathroom. Just more of the manner in which Obama liked to delibaretly stir up angry, confused chaos in American society (probably the only way in which he could get it up for his hermaphrodite wife/husband Michelle). Obama was a bigger instigator of conflict than Jerry Springer.

Gender isn't junk, burka girl.
It's like PC sent out a signal for a left loon and you came running.

BTW snowflake, what gender do you think you are?

Gender????

Head in the sand....it's an ostrich!
So, what's your beef?

"Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others; but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in “Common Sense” (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power."
Whoa, you actually think that is the current democrat party? It's the exact opposite.

Gender????

So, what's your beef?

"Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others; but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in “Common Sense” (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power."
Whoa, you actually think that is the current democrat party? It's the exact opposite.
Dems are Dems, not liberals. That ain't the GOP either.

Gender????

So, what's your beef?

There is a glaring error in your post: you've used the term 'think' where, clearly, it has no application.

The courts.

Forum List

Back