The "social contract" that doesn't exist

so you think cheating in elections is warrented because your too stupid to figure out how to leave a country you hate?

As I said before, you and your libturd amigos are the ones who cheat.

Hating the government and hating the country are two separate things, asshole.

Anyone who loves the government is nothing but a servile bootlicking authoritarian toady.

I gave proof

where is your proof of your idiot claim?

GO get a SCOTUS decision from less than a year ago to prove your not just an idiot partisan liar

So if the OP is correct on his ramblings then you would not have to cheat like you do to win elections huh?

Hes full of shit and the people know it so he has to accept cheating by his party to get what HE wants

As I said previously, you and your libturd Komrades are the ones who cheat. Any claim based on the contrary position is therefor automatically bullshit.

You and your libturd amigos are the ones who cheat.

well that is a lie you will need to rtry and fond some proof to establish it as anything but a lie.

I just gave you a current SCOTUS decision that shows the right leaning SCOTUS we have right now said KEEP PUNISHING THE REPUBLICAN PARTY FOR CHEATING

It's been documented over and over again. Take the example of precincts where Obama received more votes than the number of people registered.

SCOTUS said no such thing. Furthermore, the SC is nothing but a gang of hand selected political hacks. Its rulings seldom have anything to do with truth.

they did not take the republican case.

WHY???????????

now you have given NOT one shread of proof for your LIE

Uh-huh....Right. It was originally referred to as the the Social Compact:

The Social Compact

The Social Compact
The First Principle of the Social Compact recognizes that governments are instituted by the people and derive their just powers from the consent of the governed

The Declaration of Independence recognizes as a self-evident truth that “governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. . . .” .

Either you're admitting our current government is illegitimate or the claim is total bullshit because I never consented to be governed by our current government.

Well, the Founding Fathers obviously didn't understand it because no one currently alive has ever consented to be governed by our current government.

The Founding Fathers were wise men, but not infallible. The claim that men cannot live together without government is totally unsubstantiated. In fact, there are plenty of examples where men do live together without government, so that theory is pure hogwash.

So when did I give my assent to be governed by any of the laws that Congress has passed in the last 250 years?

Indeed, the American Revolution was strongly motivated by a defense of this First Principle. The cry of “no taxation without representation” was directly derived from the Social Compact.

The Social Compact is an indispensable First Principle of American freedom.

The Social Compact is a myth designed to impose tyranny.

Over 60% of the British Colonists disagreed with the FF.

Yep, and then the Confederate states made their opposition to being governed by the federal government quite explicit.

so you think cheating in elections is warrented because your too stupid to figure out how to leave a country you hate?

Anyone who loves the government is nothing but a servile bootlicking authoritarian toady.

I gave proof

GO get a SCOTUS decision from less than a year ago to prove your not just an idiot partisan liar

You gave proof of what some political hacks decreed, and nothing more.

So if the OP is correct on his ramblings then you would not have to cheat like you do to win elections huh?

Hes full of shit and the people know it so he has to accept cheating by his party to get what HE wants

As I said previously, you and your libturd Komrades are the ones who cheat. Any claim based on the contrary position is therefor automatically bullshit.

and you idiot words alone mean nothing.

give some proof

I gave you proof

you gave nothing but bullshit

I gave proof

You gave proof of what some political hacks decreed, and nothing more.

So you think the Roberts court is some political hacks?

and you idiot words alone mean nothing.

give some proof

I gave you proof

you gave nothing but bullshit

This thread isn't about whether your Komrades cheated in an election.

End of discussion.

Either you're admitting our current government is illegitimate or the claim is total bullshit because I never consented to be governed by our current government.

Well, the Founding Fathers obviously didn't understand it because no one currently alive has ever consented to be governed by our current government.

The Founding Fathers were wise men, but not infallible. The claim that men cannot live together without government is totally unsubstantiated. In fact, there are plenty of examples where men do live together without government, so that theory is pure hogwash.

So when did I give my assent to be governed by any of the laws that Congress has passed in the last 250 years?

The Social Compact is a myth designed to impose tyranny.

Yep, and then the Confederate states made their opposition to being governed by the federal government quite explicit.

How many years after being forced to recognize that they were no longer British?
We could go back back 3,000 years showing how people had freedom and tyranny forced down their throats.

How many years after being forced to recognize that they were no longer British?
We could go back back 3,000 years showing how people had freedom and tyranny forced down their throats.

Every government has been forced down someone's throat, including ours.

The right wing packed SCOTUS saw all the evidence of the long long list of court cases in which the republican party had to be punished by the courts for cheating and said Na not this case for what reason?

Because they knew they could not get their buddies OUT of the mess they created.

why doesn't the media report on this?

So how localized do you want your Libertarian society?
Your Town? City? County? State?

there is NOTHING more important in a democracy than elections.

when you have a party that cheats because they cant get the people votes you have a problem that will need to be fixed.

Your party will not be allowed to cheat anymore because you refuse to talk about it

there is NOTHING more important in a democracy than elections.

when you have a party that cheats because they cant get the people votes you have a problem that will need to be fixed.

Your party will not be allowed to cheat anymore because you refuse to talk about it

This thread isn't about cheating in elections.

Go derail some other thread.

once we end the rights cheating we will not even have to discuss their idiot ideas as if they are workable

So how localized do you want your Libertarian society?
Your Town? City? County? State?

I don't want government of any shape, form or size.

EVERYTHING in a democracy depends on the vote.

Your cheating involves EVERYTHING.

Your ideas are failures so you cheat.

end cheating we wont even have to discuss your failed ideas anymore.

sounds like we have a solution huh

In the past, Republicans thought that the market ought to set wages, and that a combination of government devices—including the earned-income tax credit, housing subsidies, food stamps, Medicaid, and other social-welfare programs—could fill in the gaps to make that social contract work, while also trying to remove disincentives from work via welfare reform.

The Moral and Economic Case for Raising the Minimum Wage

Three points to make here:

• How is it possible that the left is incapable of comprehending that if the minimum wage for flipping a burger goes up 20%, the cost of the burger goes up 20%, which means the cost of shipping that burger to each store goes up 20%, which means the cost of electricity goes up 20%, which means the minimum wage worker is no further ahead than they were before the minimum wage went up 20%? I'm literally astounded by the left's ignorant belief that every action occurs in a vacuum. This is basic stuff that even small children understand.
  • The solution to the problem is pretty damn simple. Stop subsidizing the failure of the individual. If they can't put food on their table, there are 6 mechanisms of safety nets to ensure food gets there that do not include government. If 6 safety nets are not enough, well, then you were destined to go hungry. Just accept it and move on (and we all know that will NEVER happen with 6 safety nets, but that won't stop the liberals on USMB from making outrageous scenario's where those safety nets aren't enough).

• Once again we see the left literally make stuff up out of thin air. What "social contract"?!? I've never seen one. And I sure as hell never signed one.

I don't understand. Other than your opinion (or more likely the source which developed this idea which you have echoed) can you demonstrate how a raise in the hourly wage of 20% would impact each and everyone of the cost for each item in your rant?

Wouldn't an increase in the minimum wage necessarily circulate throughout the microeconomic community wherein the worker resides?

Social Contract - an implicit agreement among the members of a society to cooperate for social benefits, for example by sacrificing some individual freedom for state protection. Theories of a social contract became popular in the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries among theorists such as Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as a means of explaining the origin of government and the obligations of subjects.

Other than this theory, what do you suppose is the purpose of government and the obligations of citizens?

Describe for us the utopia assumed by the Libertarian Ideology?

Forum List

Back