The stakes have never been higher

How did this happen?
1. There are two different electorates in America

There is Presidential Election America, where turnout is diverse. The electorate is younger, browner, more single, more secular — more Democratic. Then there's Midterm Election America, where the electorate is older, whiter, more rural, more church-going — in other words, more Republican. What's great for Republicans and bad for Democrats is that the vast majority of the governorships and state legislative seats are elected in the midterms.

And those positions are the seed corn for a party — they're the farm teams for higher-level offices. Right now the Democrats are at a very low ebb.

This is something President Obama lamented when he campaigned for Democrats in the midterm elections of 2010 and 2014. Republicans manage to turn out their voters every two years, but Democrats, for some reason, only turn their voters out every four. Maybe, Obama mused, because Democrats just don't think midterms are "sexy enough."

Maybe it's because there isn't a black President running in the midterms giving blacks and guilt ridden whites a sole reason to vote.
Historically midterms are the rich's secret weapon. 2006 was a fluke. The GOP were doing so badly even republicans voted them out or didn't show up. But democrats did turn out the vote in 2006. But then they stopped turning out in 2010, 2012, 2014. It's a fact. Democrats aren't smart enough to show up every 2 years but Republicans typically do.

I've already showed you why Democrats didn't show up in 2010 and 2014. They didn't have a black President to vote for.
Young white Democratic voters don't show up either. Trust me, I talk to a lot of them who don't think it matters. But ask Grampa Conservative if he votes every 2 years and he'll say you are god damn right. He has nothing better to do.

I've voted since the 1983 off year local elections and haven't missed a single one whether it be general, midterm, primary, run-off, off year, etc. I've voted in all of them but never did it because I didn't have anything else to do. I did it because I care. The only time young Democrats show up is when a candidate, for example Sanders, promises them the world at no cost.

I always have to chuckle when the left prattles on about the money on the right while wearing a blindfold to the monied interests on their side as though there is a difference.

Sad really.

I always have to chuckle when the left prattles on about the money on the right while wearing a blindfold to the monied interests on their side as though there is a difference.

Sad really.
Well don't cry that the system is corrupt when you know your party is for the rich and not for you.

At least now you guys are starting to realize the GOP serves the rich, not middle class people. Maybe Donald will change that. LOL

Sad really.
Well don't cry that the system is corrupt when you know your party is for the rich and not for you.

Trite, worn-out old leftist BS from a dime-a-dozen brainless drone.

Go to NPR and search in politics for "Democrats face real political crisis ahead of November elections" and listen.

Hear how big money, corporations and the rich's secret weapon is midterms because the typical person that votes democratic either votes every 4 year or not at all because they don't think it matters. But the rich show up every 2 years and it's why they own the house and most governors.

Hear how the rich have invested a lot of money on state politics. Very hard for a democrat to compete on a state level. And the entire country is gerrymandered.

We need a democratic president, we need that supreme Court seat and we need to take back the Senate.

The stakes have never been higher.

The wealthy don't support the democrats?
What color is the sky in your world?
How's the current democrat working out?

Democrats face a dilemma because if they don't win there party is doomed to become the whig party.

How did this happen?
1. There are two different electorates in America

There is Presidential Election America, where turnout is diverse. The electorate is younger, browner, more single, more secular — more Democratic. Then there's Midterm Election America, where the electorate is older, whiter, more rural, more church-going — in other words, more Republican. What's great for Republicans and bad for Democrats is that the vast majority of the governorships and state legislative seats are elected in the midterms.

And those positions are the seed corn for a party — they're the farm teams for higher-level offices. Right now the Democrats are at a very low ebb.

This is something President Obama lamented when he campaigned for Democrats in the midterm elections of 2010 and 2014. Republicans manage to turn out their voters every two years, but Democrats, for some reason, only turn their voters out every four. Maybe, Obama mused, because Democrats just don't think midterms are "sexy enough."

Maybe it's because there isn't a black President running in the midterms giving blacks and guilt ridden whites a sole reason to vote.
Historically midterms are the rich's secret weapon. 2006 was a fluke. The GOP were doing so badly even republicans voted them out or didn't show up. But democrats did turn out the vote in 2006. But then they stopped turning out in 2010, 2012, 2014. It's a fact. Democrats aren't smart enough to show up every 2 years but Republicans typically do.

I've already showed you why Democrats didn't show up in 2010 and 2014. They didn't have a black President to vote for.
Young white Democratic voters don't show up either. Trust me, I talk to a lot of them who don't think it matters. But ask Grampa Conservative if he votes every 2 years and he'll say you are god damn right. He has nothing better to do.

I've voted since the 1983 off year local elections and haven't missed a single one whether it be general, midterm, primary, run-off, off year, etc. I've voted in all of them but never did it because I didn't have anything else to do. I did it because I care. The only time young Democrats show up is when a candidate, for example Sanders, promises them the world at no cost.
Wait. Republicans are promising to lower your taxes, pay off the debt and make America great again.

Wait. Republicans are promising to lower your taxes, pay off the debt and make America great again.

Wait. Democrats are promising to raise my taxes so some freeloader that doesn't pay them can have what I'VE earned and do nothing to get it. They've even convinced him that the check he/she gets is owed to him/her.

As far as what Bernie is offering with free college, if the parents of those kids don't think their own kids are worth investing in, what makes it a such a good investment for me?

Any person with half a brain knows that no matter who wins, things won't change much. The jobs overseas are not coming g back even if there are zero taxes on corporations because Americans aren't going to work for those measely wages, nor should they. The middle class will continue to erode aswages and benefits decrease...and it will be blamed on other middle class workers, while the wealthy continue to cash in. Same old, same old.

Forum List

Back