The State of California is one step closer to bending over and grabbing their ankles to pay reparations

Pull those cheeks apart Californians, this is what you voted for.

Black Californians could receive up to $1.2 million in reparations payments, task force says​

Perhaps all the shoplifters; street criminals, robbers illegal immigrants and blacks who ancestors were slaves will move to California.

Perhaps all the shoplifters; street criminals, robbers illegal immigrants and blacks who ancestors were slaves will move to California.

That would be nice, but apparently you have to be a long time resident before you qualify.

It's not your country. This land belonged to the Native Americans.
All the land belongs to God, and He has given the land of America, and other lands, to the descendants of Israel. He has also allotted different lands to other peoples. That blacks were brought here as slaves was unfortunate for everyone.

Reparations won't end racism. It will just be a windfall for other-than-black merchants. When the money is spent the grievances will resume.

As long as it’s the taxpayers of California paying for it so be it. As the Republicans currently control the House I don’t see California getting any money from the federal government to help pay for this.

You were never a slave, nor was I ever an owner of slaves. There are however over 9 million slaves alive today in Africa. Maybe you should direct your concern towards them.
I do not now, nor have I ever lived in Africa. It is sad to see many of the issues that affect Africa. (Why do some people love to bring up Africa? Hey, look over here) The enslaved Africans of the USA helped build the foundation of this country's wealth. Their descendants deserve to be compensated for that. I could care less if you were never a slaveowner and I was never a slave. That is nothing but a deflection. The truth remains that my people were held in legalized slavery for 250 years, and suffered another 100 years of Jim Crow segregation.

I do not now, nor have I ever lived in Africa. It is sad to see many of the issues that affect Africa. (Why do some people love to bring up Africa? Hey, look over here) The enslaved Africans of the USA helped build the foundation of this country's wealth. Their descendants deserve to be compensated for that. I could care less if you were never a slaveowner and I was never a slave. That is nothing but a deflection. The truth remains that my people were held in legalized slavery for 250 years, and suffered another 100 years of Jim Crow segregation.

You just said they're NOT your people (you never lived in Africa). Just because you share a skin color (maybe) doesn't mean shit.

All the land belongs to God, and He has given the land of America, and other lands, to the descendants of Israel. He has also allotted different lands to other peoples. That blacks were brought here as slaves was unfortunate for everyone.

Reparations won't end racism. It will just be a windfall for other-than-black merchants. When the money is spent the grievances will resume.
"All the land belongs to God". Too bad the Europeans didn't believe that. They genocided many Native Americans, and herded the living ones onto reservations in order to take their land. Europeans thought it belonged to them. Remember Manifest Destiny?
"That Blacks were brought here as slaves was unfortunate". It sure was unfortunate wasn't it? Now, we want our reparations checks. Thank you. 😊

The fact is that all American tax payers - possibly excluding people of color - will be forced to cover California's debts

Whether California observed slavery or not isn't the issue. The issue is whether there are African-Americans here who had ANCESTORS who were enslaved.
California never owned slaves and if they when it was legal then it was legal.

My ancestors were enslaved Africans. Learn to read and comprehend. Otherwise, go away.
You have idea who they are nor how long they were slaves. Whites were slaves here also and worse they were worked to death on government projects in lieu of black slaves because if they slave died the slave owner had to be compensated.

Forum List

Back