The Tax Case Against Donald Trump

The two oldest trump boys admitted guilt when they made the statement everyone dodges taxes and it's not a big deal.

It is a big deal. Especially to the amount they didn't pay.

It's disgusting to see people who have the money to pay taxes but go out of their way and commit crimes to not pay their share in taxes.

I hope all those involved are hit with HUGE fines and put in prison.

Everybody tries to avoid taxes. Criminal tax evasion is not the same thing. The difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion can amount to "upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution." 26 U.S. Code § 7201. Attempt to evade or defeat tax
26 U.S. Code § 7201 - Attempt to evade or defeat tax

trump didn't incorporate so the trump organization isn't a corporation.

Not everyone tries to avoid taxes. I pay my share. I don't have a team of accountants who search for and use every loophole to not pay my share of taxes.

I know other people like me too. We love our nation.

If you love America you don't do what the trumps and so many other rich people do to avoid paying their share of taxes.
Loopholes are legal, I don’t blame people for utilizing them. What isn’t legal is lying about the value of property or falsifying records.
Up stating for achieving loans and down stating for taxes, along with running every big ticket personal expense, as if it were a business expense and then not stating of personal income benefits is pretty shady. When it becomes a repetitive pattern, pretty hard to say ignorance instead of criminal willful intent. With holding spread out across the country and world, necessitating communication to keep everybody on the same sheet of music, communications in the family organization opens up the possibility of wire fraud and RICO statutes. There is not telling at this point where this will all go.

The two oldest trump boys admitted guilt when they made the statement everyone dodges taxes and it's not a big deal.

It is a big deal. Especially to the amount they didn't pay.

It's disgusting to see people who have the money to pay taxes but go out of their way and commit crimes to not pay their share in taxes.

I hope all those involved are hit with HUGE fines and put in prison.

You can, and are expected to, dodge as many taxes as you legally can. That's why the wealthy liberals whining that they don't pay enough taxes hire armies of tax attorneys to make sure they pay as little as possible. Heck, I dodge taxes all the time too. I declare my office space as a deduction and the IRS is fine with that. Tell us, how many deductions do you take? Also, how much are you certain that TRUMP!'s sons didn't pay?

She's an employee, she gets a W2.
Her consulting firm does a project for the hotel, it gets a 1099.
Yeah, it's pretty weird to be an employee for a hotel company and then claim you're also a consultant for that exact same company.

The types of work have to be separate and distinct. For Weisselberg, that's not the case. He was providing financial services for the company and not doing any consulting work for the side businesses that paid him as an independent contractor.

Which is why he's facing charges for it.

She's an employee, she gets a W2.
Her consulting firm does a project for the hotel, it gets a 1099.
Yeah, it's pretty weird to be an employee for a hotel company and then claim you're also a consultant for that exact same company.

The types of work have to be separate and distinct. For Weisselberg, that's not the case. He was providing financial services for the company and not doing any consulting work for the side businesses that paid him as an independent contractor.

Yup, pretty weird.
I haven't seen any proof it's illegal.

You think he's facing charges for getting a W2 and a 1099?

You're free to show the error in my claim.
Yes i know. And i am free to mock you and satirize the idea of Weisselberg's lawyers trying to use your hilariously stupid defense.

Why do you keep bringing up Weisselberg? I'm not making a defense for him.

I'm talking about the claim that Ivanka, or her employer, is somehow in trouble for
being paid on a W2 and on a 1099.

And laughing at your "point" about being taxed differently.

Still running away? LOL!

Yup, pretty weird.
I haven't seen any proof it's illegal.
If the services aren't separate and distinct, then it is fraud to claim to be an independent contractor when performing duties as an employee. You are falsifying your tax return.
You think he's facing charges for getting a W2 and a 1099?
Basically yes, especially as he took a tax benefit for doing so.

If the services aren't separate and distinct, then it is fraud to claim to be an independent contractor when performing duties as an employee.

You have a link to the law that says "services have to be separate and distinct"?

Basically yes, especially as he took a tax benefit for doing so.

What benefit?

Forum List

Back