The Tax Case Against Donald Trump

Rent is often part of travel. I had a couple of friends who worked for IBM. They had a long term client in another state, and the company rented them a condo to live in while they were onsite.

Temporary lodging is a business expense when the employees are required to be away for work.

Which has NOTHING to do with this since Weisselberg was working at Trump tower permanently.

No serious person could believe that you lose your 4th Amendment rights because someone does your taxes. The USSC ruled incorrectly.
Information you give to a business, becomes that businesses records. Which are subject to normal government oversight by subpoena.
You give up your privacy when you share them with others.

It's funny that when the government does the same thing to a democratic politician or to some slimy business person the republicans have no problem.

trump even did it. He had the DOJ subpoena the records of journalists and even the White House Lawyer from businesses like Apple and Microsoft. Those companies handed the info over and the judge put a gag order on the companies so they couldn't even tell their clients they were forced to hand over the info.

I started a thread about it.

The replies from the trump people was they had no problem with it since there was a subpoena.

Yet they have a problem with it when it's trump's records.
Tax records? I don't think so.

Rent is often part of travel. I had a couple of friends who worked for IBM. They had a long term client in another state, and the company rented them a condo to live in while they were onsite.

Temporary lodging is a business expense when the employees are required to be away for work.

Which has NOTHING to do with this since Weisselberg was working at Trump tower permanently.
We don't know that yet.

Anyway, the bottom line remains, you don't get charged with a felony because you legally avoided paying taxes
That's deep.
And true.
And being the grand jury indicted the Trump org and Allen Weisselberg, the grand jury believes that what they did, was not legal business practice.

And because it went on for 15 years, not one or two years by accident, and a second set of books on it, keeping track of these fringe benefits for Allen, so to not be more money than his annual contract for his $940,000 salary when added to Allen's reduced weekly paycheck ....while the Trump org did not note on his W2 that he received these fringe benefits, fraud occurred.
Yes, we're familiar with the indictment. Your last statement hasn't been established yet, so remains in the category of wishful thinking. What you've seen and are basing your entire statement on is what the prosecution says. We haven't even heard what the defense has to say or what they'll do with it.
I agree with you! We've only seen an accusation, and not the side of the defense. (and we are all innocent, until found guilty, in a court of law!)

Other than Trump running his mouth at the rally on it...

which kinda dug his grave a little deeper!

(if I were his lawyer, I would have had a heart attack listening to Trump talking about it!!!)

Forum List

Back