The Tax Case Against Donald Trump

What did you mean, if not that I could be charged with a felony for taking legal deductions?
I meant exactly what i said. Get someone to read it to you slowly and stop pestering me.
I know you meant it. The problem is, you either didn't notice the word "legal" or ignored it. Not my problem that you meant it and were wrong. I'll stand by what I said, you don't get charged for legally avoiding taxes. If you can, perhaps you could be so kind as to show us who did.
No really, nobody cares. Moving on....
Oh, I understand. I've seen it before. You made a mistake and don't want to admit it, so you try to save face by pretending that no one cares and you just want to move on.

It's not "normal business procedure".

It's tax fraud.

You don't get to buy your employees cars and apartments and then not claim it as compensation. That's basically amounting to paying them under the table.
It's actually "legal" (under the tax code) to pay people "under the table" in that way.
BUT...
If you do, it's treated as a gift/bribe etc. and the business can't deduct it as a business expense.

So to deduct it as a business expense, they have to include the compensation on the W-2.

What did you mean, if not that I could be charged with a felony for taking legal deductions?
I meant exactly what i said. Get someone to read it to you slowly and stop pestering me.
I know you meant it. The problem is, you either didn't notice the word "legal" or ignored it. Not my problem that you meant it and were wrong. I'll stand by what I said, you don't get charged for legally avoiding taxes. If you can, perhaps you could be so kind as to show us who did.
Oh, I understand. I've seen it before. You made a mistake and don't want to admit it, so you try to save face by pretending that no one cares and you just want to move on.
Gotcha! Just think...if you enjoyed learning about this stuff half as much as you enjoy whining about me, you could probably make some valid points. I will give you that opportunity now.

Gotcha! Just think...if you enjoyed learning about this stuff half as much as you enjoy whining about me, you could probably make some valid points. I will give you that opportunity now.
Seen that one too. When exposed on making the mistake and wanting to ignore it, you pretend you had a grand gotcha plan in place all along.

Anyway, the bottom line remains, you don't get charged with a felony because you legally avoided paying taxes.

It's not "normal business procedure".

It's tax fraud.

You don't get to buy your employees cars and apartments and then not claim it as compensation. That's basically amounting to paying them under the table.
It's actually "legal" (under the tax code) to pay people "under the table" in that way.
BUT...
If you do, it's treated as a gift/bribe etc. and the business can't deduct it as a business expense.

So to deduct it as a business expense, they have to include the compensation on the W-2.
Whether it's legal or not depends on the details. If the terms of his employment were that Trump would provide him with an apartment close to work because it was too far to commute, then it's perfectly legal. Companies do it all the time.

My father's company provided him with a car, and he never paid a dime in taxes on it.

It is perfectly legal to provide your employees with a place to live.
When done legally.
If the terms of his employment were that Trump would provide him with an apartment close to work because it was too far to commute, then it's perfectly legal.
It is perfectly legal to provide your employees with a place to live.

But it's taxable compensation.
Yep. At issue is Weisselberg's apartment. They allegedly deducted its cost from his agreed compensation. And he allegedly lied about not living there full time.

Anyway, the bottom line remains, you don't get charged with a felony because you legally avoided paying taxes
That's deep.
And true.
And being the grand jury indicted the Trump org and Allen Weisselberg, the grand jury believes that what they did, was not legal business practice.

And because it went on for 15 years, not one or two years by accident, and a second set of books on it, keeping track of these fringe benefits for Allen, so to not be more money than his annual contract for his $940,000 salary when added to Allen's reduced weekly paycheck ....while the Trump org did not note on his W2 that he received these fringe benefits, fraud occurred.

Anyway, the bottom line remains, you don't get charged with a felony because you legally avoided paying taxes
That's deep.
And true.
And being the grand jury indicted the Trump org and Allen Weisselberg, the grand jury believes that what they did, was not legal business practice.

And because it went on for 15 years, not one or two years by accident, and a second set of books on it, keeping track of these fringe benefits for Allen, so to not be more money than his annual contract for his $940,000 salary when added to Allen's reduced weekly paycheck ....while the Trump org did not note on his W2 that he received these fringe benefits, fraud occurred.

Trump bragged that he knew more about taxes than anyone on earth.

It's the conclusion of your
False, nor could you demonstrate that. It is the result of your non sequitur (not that you understand what a non sequitur is), due to your very poor understanding of logic. In fact, your ignorance of what a non sequitur is and why it is fallacious is a big reason you accidentally commit this elementary error on a regular basis.

That's deep.
And true.

The Grand Jury didn't indict the Trump org, dingbat. As I've said before, a skilled prosecutor can get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich. They only get shown one side of the evidence.

The rest of your post is the usual twaddle.

Forum List

Back