The taxes and spending connection

When democrats are in power the deficit goes up because taxes largely stay the same as spending increases. This is fiscally irresponsible but it pales in comparison to when republicans are in power.

When republicans are in power the deficit blows up because taxes are reduced and spending goes up at the same time. It’s a complete calamity and Republican voters do not see the connection for some bizarre reason.

Republicans complain an awful lot about taxes but don’t seem to understand that it pays for government spending. If rich people and corporations are taking advantage of loopholes that allows them to effectively little to nothing in taxes, that’s of course a problem. Those entities paying taxes is the only way to pay for our defense budget which is the spending republicans get hard ons over.
Wrong, the deficit is lower during Dem administrations and increases during Republican ones.

Lol you do know that the founding fathers favored taxation right? Why else would they if it didn’t pay for government spending?
Import taxes. Income tax wasn't established until 1913. You marxist useful idiots only see taxation as a wealth redistribution tool.

Republicans have nothing to offer for the economy but tax cuts for the rich.

Republicans have nothing to offer for the economy but tax cuts for the rich.
That's simply not true. Tax cuts, for the most part, cut taxes for everyone who pays taxes. That means those who pay no taxes get no tax cut because they don't pay taxes so they can't get a "tax cut". It also means that those who pay fewer dollars in taxes get less total dollars in tax cuts than those who pay more dollars in tax cuts. The left would have you believe that no one gets tax cuts except for the rich. Naturally, if you pay more in taxes then a tax cut will give you more dollars in tax cuts than someone who pays less dollars in taxes. But, even at that, the rich still pay more dollars in taxes than the ones who pay less taxes. The left, for biased political purposes, always want to to talk about tax rates instead of total dollars in taxes. Whose total dollars in taxes would you rather pay, Warren Buffet's or his secretary's? I choose his secretary's.

Last edited:
iu

They didnt raise taxes, i dont think but they LOVED to spend that money. Not as much as trump but they still loved it.

Trump? You mean the same Trump that presided half of his term with a Democrat led House? You know, the people that make out the spending bills?

Import taxes. Income tax wasn't established until 1913. You marxist useful idiots only see taxation as a wealth redistribution tool.
It doesn’t fucking matter where the taxation comes from it still pays for government spending lol

That's simply not true. Tax cuts, for the most part, cut taxes for everyone who pays taxes. That means those who pay no taxes get no tax cut because they don't pay taxes so they can't get a "tax cut". It also means that those who pay fewer dollars in taxes get less total dollars in tax cuts than those who pay more dollars in tax cuts. The left would have you believe that no one gets tax cuts except for the rich. Naturally, if you pay more in taxes then a tax cut will give you more dollars in tax cuts than someone who pays less dollars in taxes.
What about balanced budgets? Republicans used to value them. Republicans should have learned during the Reagan administration that tax cuts do not pay for themselves; they raise yearly deficits and the national debt.

You got a pittance. The rich got the store. Also, what about balanced budgets? Republicans used to value them.

Tell my CPA I got a pittance. She believes differently. Trump lowered my payroll taxes, lowered my taxable income, and got rid of commie care fines as well.

Forum List

Back