The Tea Party loves the Constitution?

So you're saying the big government statist collectivists of today would have been the small government individuals of the Revolution?

That's completely irrational.

The Revolution was not about small government

It was about wanting our own government
...which the FF built small on purpose.

You really should stop trying to insist that the Founding Fathers would approve of our current bloated Federal government. It makes you look foolish.

Yes they built it small for a purpose. That purpose was that a country of 2.5 million did not require a large government and they lacked the communications and transportation infrastructure to manage the country centrally.
The Founding Fathers would not have a clue of what it takes to run a modern society operating in a global economy.

You really should stop trying to insist that the Founding Fathers would approve of our current bloated Federal government. It makes you look foolish.

Yes they built it small for a purpose. That purpose was that a country of 2.5 million did not require a large government and they lacked the communications and transportation infrastructure to manage the country centrally.
The Founding Fathers would not have a clue of what it takes to run a modern society operating in a global economy.

wrong. "The government that governs best, governs least."

17th Amendment fixed that. Imagine the uproar if the public was told they could no longer elect their own Senators and that the State would make that decision for them.

Only a wingnut would propose taking away the vote from the people

You have no clue as to what I want or don't want. You seem to be obsessed with wing nuts. You are proof that there is more than one variety. I think it's a good idea that the Election be about what the people want and not the Party. You should try that sometime. You know, putting the people first. We are a Federalist Constitutional Republic. Federalist, can you say that?????? F-E-D-E-R-A-L-I-S-T. Good... that's it. You will one day get it.

I'm the one supporting our Constitution as it is currently written. I would not change a thing. Nor would I advocate taking away the direct election of Senators by the people

Here's the thing, as Citizens we both pretty much support the Constitution as written and interpreted, we really have no choice but follow the rule of law or violate it and become criminal. The Constitution as written, specifically allows for reform through new construction and the amendment process. If it did not, there would be no need for the Court or Congress to interpret, mediate, write new Bills. Why with the red herrings all of the time????? How about you try to communicate whats really on your mind without trying to demonize all opposition to your point of view. Lose the anchor around your neck. ;)

Like Somalia??

Like Somalia??

no, dumbshit. The rule of law is necessary.

Not interested in playing your silly little games.

Not playing games. Just asking for clarification and specifics.

Without establishing those..there is no real point to start from.
If only I could believe that you wanted serious discussion.

But I can't.

Quantify serious? Or silly?

I sort of can. When you start using insults..or being dismissive..you aren't really serious.

That's a good point to start.

Big big fail. They despised Centralized Government. The concept of one size fits all whether you like it or not is absurd. You totally miss the point of enumerated Powers and Federalism. That explains so much.

Big big fail. They despised Centralized Government. The concept of one size fits all whether you like it or not is absurd. You totally miss the point of enumerated Powers and Federalism. That explains so much.

If they despised a centralized government they had the capability to specifically exclude it in the Constitution. They chose not to do so

It's incorrect to broad brush the founders. Some were more on the side of having a sort of a sort of loose conferation of states..some were more on the side of having a strong central government. I think the unifying principle was indivdual rights..and reigning in government's control of it's citizens. Hence habeas, the right to a speedy trial, the separation of powers, representative government and trial by jury.

If they despised a centralized government they had the capability to specifically exclude it in the Constitution. They chose not to do so

Federalism opposes Centralized Government Einstein. Tyranny is bad, not good RW. You are almost beyond hope, you really need an intervention. How many times do you think Tyranny or Tyrant was referred to in the Federalist Papers????? You are either very poorly educated on the matter or a total fraud. The fact that you lead others down the path of subjugation is evident. The defense of predatory government inexcusable, RW.

It's incorrect to broad brush the founders. Some were more on the side of having a sort of a sort of loose conferation of states..some were more on the side of having a strong central government. I think the unifying principle was indivdual rights..and reigning in government's control of it's citizens. Hence habeas, the right to a speedy trial, the separation of powers, representative government and trial by jury.

You cut class allot during History, didn't you? Why not do some catching up?????

The University of Oklahoma College of Law: A Chronology of US Historical Documents

Neither do Democrats.

Not playing games. Just asking for clarification and specifics.

Without establishing those..there is no real point to start from.
If only I could believe that you wanted serious discussion.

But I can't.

Quantify serious? Or silly?

I sort of can. When you start using insults..or being dismissive..you aren't really serious.

That's a good point to start.
It's funny how you pretend you haven't been dismissive. :lol:

You really believe that, don't you?

You cut class allot during History, didn't you? Why not do some catching up?????

The University of Oklahoma College of Law: A Chronology of US Historical Documents

Cute.

Cute.
See?

care to argue those things with me? cause nothing that was said was incorrect.

and i'm not aware of the magna carta being binding on the U.S.

Cute.

Just keep studying. :lol: What is Federalism? What undermines it?

How to fight the urge to want to dominate the World.

Just say no to Tyrants.

Value for Value, you cannot supply another with that which is not yours to give without first taking it from someone else.

Think Government by the consent of the Governed, that's an Informed Governed, not a misinformed Governed. Get it? Good.

Forum List

Back