The Trump "So What" Defense.

How did you feel about the Benghazi "court"? HRC was badgered for hours, DJT hadn't the balls to show up.
I thought we were talking about impeaching Trump. wry. Forgive my mistake. :rolleyes-41:

A default to sarcasm, that's well off topic. My comment was a clear contrast to Rep. Schiff and Rep. Issa.

Again, we ARE talking about Trump....not the old hag, wry. The way schiff had shored up the dem rules
it was a sham.....you and Lakhota know that

Equal time was awarded to both sides in both hearings. If you watched them I'm surprised you feel your side was slighted. IMO the Republican Members in both committee hearings had nothing of substantive to offer. They, for the most part, dismissed all of the testimony as hearsay, and didn't do so in a civil manner. Not only was their anger presented, they had nothing to offer beyond whining, offering trump's tweets and speeches that he did nothing wrong, testifying instead of asking questions.

The explosive anger by the Gentlemen (so to speak) from Georgia and Ohio would have won either of them an Oscar for best supporting actor. Had The President allowed members of his inner circle to testify, and for documents to be submitted as requested, they might have been able to provide some exculpatory evidence.

Even you know that they wouldn't; this Defendant acted guilty, and Consciousness of Guilt is an acceptable theory for the prosecution to pursue.
Equal time? How about them being able to call the witnesses that they wanted? Ask the questions that they wanted?
I thought you were more on top of this, my mistake.

Who are the witnesses you feel the Republican's would offer? Did HRC have the ability to call witnesses during Issa's witch hunts? I don't know, do you?

Did the Republican committee members ever issue a subpoena for documents or witnesses? I don't know, do you?

Why do you, if you do, believe that a trial can be just when no witnesses testify under oath, and are subject to a Direct Examination an Cross Examination, followed when necessary with a Redirect and Cross Examination.

Why do you believe, if you do, why subpoenaed documents have not been provided to the Prosecution?

Last edited:
I thought we were talking about impeaching Trump. wry. Forgive my mistake. :rolleyes-41:

A default to sarcasm, that's well off topic. My comment was a clear contrast to Rep. Schiff and Rep. Issa.

Again, we ARE talking about Trump....not the old hag, wry. The way schiff had shored up the dem rules
it was a sham.....you and Lakhota know that

Equal time was awarded to both sides in both hearings. If you watched them I'm surprised you feel your side was slighted. IMO the Republican Members in both committee hearings had nothing of substantive to offer. They, for the most part, dismissed all of the testimony as hearsay, and didn't do so in a civil manner. Not only was their anger presented, they had nothing to offer beyond whining, offering trump's tweets and speeches that he did nothing wrong, testifying instead of asking questions.

The explosive anger by the Gentlemen (so to speak) from Georgia and Ohio would have won either of them an Oscar for best supporting actor. Had The President allowed members of his inner circle to testify, and for documents to be submitted as requested, they might have been able to provide some exculpatory evidence.

Even you know that they wouldn't; this Defendant acted guilty, and Consciousness of Guilt is an acceptable theory for the prosecution to pursue.
Equal time? How about them being able to call the witnesses that they wanted? Ask the questions that they wanted?
I thought you were more on top of this, my mistake.

Who are the witnesses you feel the Republican's would offer? Did HRC have the ability to call witnesses during Issa's witch hunts? I don't know, do you?

Did the Republican committee members ever issue a subpoena for documents or witnesses? I don't know, do you?

Why do you, if you do, believe that a trial can be just when no witnesses testify under oath, and are subject to a Direct Examination an Cross Examination, followed when necessary with a Redirect and Cross Examination.

Why do you believe, if you do, why subpoenaed documents have not been provided to the Prosecution?

I agree! Thank you!

s-l400.png

It appears Moscow Mitch got bitch slapped clear across the Senate floor this AM when his own caucus recognized the fundamental unfairness (see sham) of the rules he proposed and told him to shove them up his duplicitous ass.

Who cares about where you want to place blame. The rules were a sham and stacked against the president....PERIOD!
There was no Due Process, not a day or an hour for the minority. Kangaroo Court

Yanno, you guys keep throwing that term around, but apparently, you don't know what it means.

No, the House did NOT hold a trial. All they did was investigate and interview people to determine if some wrong doing occurred. When they thought there was something there, they voted on impeachment, and sent the articles to the Senate, where the trial is to be held. Incidentally, the trial happens in the Senate, not the House.

And, with McConnell and others saying that they are going to try to get the trial dismissed, as he already has his mind made up. What McConnel said about the trial is the very definition of kangaroo court.

kangaroo court
SEE SYNONYMS FOR kangaroo court ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
1. a self-appointed or mob-operated tribunal that disregards or parodies existing principles of law or human rights, especially one in a frontier area or among criminals in prison.
2. any crudely or irregularly operated court, especially one so controlled as to render a fair trial impossible.

Moscow Mitch's statement that he had already made up his mind, as well as all the other GOP senators saying the same thing, makes it an unfair trial.
Yup, thanks for agreeing, it was a Kangaroo Court.
Schiff didn't want the proceedings to mirror the fairness of the last two impeachment proceedings.
Why?
If you're anywhere near honest, you know why ABS.

How can the House hold a kangaroo court, when they only do the investigation and draw up the articles of impeachment? It's the Senate that holds the trial, not the House. You really should read up on how impeachment works.

Think of it this way.............the House is like the police that does the investigation and decides if it should go to court or not.

The Senate is the courtroom where the trial is held.

Who cares about where you want to place blame. The rules were a sham and stacked against the president....PERIOD!

Yanno, you guys keep throwing that term around, but apparently, you don't know what it means.

No, the House did NOT hold a trial. All they did was investigate and interview people to determine if some wrong doing occurred. When they thought there was something there, they voted on impeachment, and sent the articles to the Senate, where the trial is to be held. Incidentally, the trial happens in the Senate, not the House.

And, with McConnell and others saying that they are going to try to get the trial dismissed, as he already has his mind made up. What McConnel said about the trial is the very definition of kangaroo court.

kangaroo court
noun
1. a self-appointed or mob-operated tribunal that disregards or parodies existing principles of law or human rights, especially one in a frontier area or among criminals in prison.
2. any crudely or irregularly operated court, especially one so controlled as to render a fair trial impossible.

Moscow Mitch's statement that he had already made up his mind, as well as all the other GOP senators saying the same thing, makes it an unfair trial.
Schiff didn't want the proceedings to mirror the fairness of the last two impeachment proceedings.
Why?

How can the House hold a kangaroo court, when they only do the investigation and draw up the articles of impeachment? It's the Senate that holds the trial, not the House. You really should read up on how impeachment works.

Think of it this way.............the House is like the police that does the investigation and decides if it should go to court or not.

Thank you! Trump supporters ignore these pesky little facts.

kangaroo court
noun

Why?

Thank you! Trump supporters ignore these pesky little facts.

So, the investigation is over.

Thank you for pointing out what the left can't seem to comprehend.

You apparently don't remember the President Clinton "blowjob" impeachment. President Obama was clean as a whistle.

It appears Moscow Mitch got bitch slapped clear across the Senate floor this AM when his own caucus recognized the fundamental unfairness (see sham) of the rules he proposed and told him to shove them up his duplicitous ass.
"Moscow Mitch"?

Could you explain why you call him "Moscow Mitch"?

You apparently don't remember the President Clinton "blowjob" impeachment. President Obama was clean as a whistle.

What you don't remember is that Clinton blocked all kinds of testimony in that little mess.

And Obama......he held congress off for four years until a judge said he had to turn it over.......

Obama relents in fight over Fast and Furious documents

So, I think it is your memory that is faulty.

What you don't remember is that Clinton blocked all kinds of testimony in that little mess.

And Obama......he held congress off for four years until a judge said he had to turn it over.......

Yes, we'll sit here and wait for your well-reasoned response...or the Easter Bunny. The Bunny is more the likely reality.

Yes, we'll sit here and wait for your well-reasoned response...or the Easter Bunny. The Bunny is more the likely reality.

Even President Clinton testified.

Forum List

Back